Topic: H 265 hevc

hey hi, will there be an update so that these videos can be played native through SVP?

I looked at the new home cinema and it cannot natively play it there was another one that could but it would not interface with FFdshow

I tried a little.... I got SVP working so sweet and I love it so much I don't want to break it roll

So that's why I'm wondering if it will be implemented in a simple way.

Thank you for reading my topic.

Re: H 265 hevc

ddragon
will there be an update
It will be soon. If you meen 4K support.

SVP can process video with FullHD resolution in H.265 HEVC. For example with LAVFilters CUVID decoder.
What decoder are you using to watch H.265 HEVC?

3 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 14-03-2015 07:56:20)

Uhh... I find that SVP already supports 4K resolutions.

Also the source codec does not matter since SVP does not interface with the video file directly, rather the video player outputs a raw video stream that SVP can use.

4 (edited by ddragon 16-03-2015 01:36:09)

MAG79 wrote:

ddragon
will there be an update
It will be soon. If you meen 4K support.

SVP can process video with FullHD resolution in H.265 HEVC. For example with LAVFilters CUVID decoder.
What decoder are you using to watch H.265 HEVC?

hey hi, I'm using nothing to watch H.265. pawn stars I downloaded just play audio only then I realized they were a new codec.

I'm using the basically stock package you gave me FFDshow,mpc-hc and my favorite is svp 3.15.  Quad 965 processor. 3.40 ghz    GTX 550 TI. 

No I did not mean 4K support.  just decode 265   .... And I don't know much about LAVFilters , I'm using whatever came with this package. I'm in a folder now called LAV and there is a text document called change log that shows this number 0.58.1 - 2013/07/09 at the top. I'm trying the best I can  roll

I was just hoping that this format would be supported in my normal software somewhere in the future.. I would hope preferably in ffDshow because I think this is where the interpolation for the formats comes from. All I know is this is where AvsSynth is located.   I'm not an expert like you but I certainly appreciate you trying to help me. 

You guys are the greatest  smile

ddragon wrote:

and my favorite is svp 3.15.

Have you tried SVP 3.1.6?

That version should already be able to decode HEVC.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-03-2015 07:03:52)

You know you can use SVP v3.1.5 with MPC-HC v1.7.8... it can decode HEVC, VP9, etc.

7 (edited by droiyan7 16-03-2015 08:32:12)

It is not specific codec or resolution matters directly because it is not SVP that handles decoding.

What only and always matters is that your PC performance can handles both workload from the decoding and SVP process.
Using better codec or HW to get better decode performance is one of obvious asset to improve your chance to success. (Using up-to-date SVP or adjust SVP option also can make difference)
Like the 0.png I attached. (its FHD HEVC demo video)

LAV filters is now v0.64.4 and got several improvements over 0.58.1. It wouldn't be hurt to try is  neutral
https://code.google.com/p/lavfilters/

And the video engine of  GTX 550 TI slightly outdated, so you may consider upgrade to 960 which has most advanced NVIDIA video engine today and "full hardware-decode of HEVC Version 1 (Main and Main 10 profiles) to the GPU's video-engine" (according to the wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Pu … reVideo_HD ).

P.S : MPC-HC 1.7.8 is here
http://mpc-hc.org/

Post's attachments

0.png, 338.16 kb, 982 x 727
0.png 338.16 kb, 539 downloads since 2015-03-16 

8 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 16-03-2015 08:29:35)

droiyan7 wrote:

you may consider upgrade to 960 which has most advanced NVIDIA video engine today.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Pu … reVideo_HD

Considering the rest of his PC, it's very likely that the pricepoint of a 960 would be quite out of his league ($200 USD) - he could buy a whole processor, motherboard, and RAM for that price.

Honestly, GPU-wise I would look more towards HTPC-focused cards like the Radeon R7 240, but even then it's not that cheap. ($70 USD)

Besides, it wouldn't be the wisest to buy a new GPU now because AMD will be launching their 300 series this quarter (Q2).  Even if one doesn't buy a 300 series GPU, it should still mean price-drops on both older-gen AMD products and on competing Nvidia GPUs.

Nintendo Maniac 64
That's good point  cool

thank you everyone for your awesome input.I will try some of your advice  cool