Topic: Not working, framerate is the same watching .mp4 or youtube in MPC-HC

As above, the video plays in MPC-HC but my CPU/GPU are barely being used and the video certainly doesn't look any smoother than normal. What gives?

Re: Not working, framerate is the same watching .mp4 or youtube in MPC-HC

What status has SVP icon while you point mouse to system tray?

It says "Waiting for ffdshow video".

So ffdshow filter isn't firing up for mp4 streams for some reason.
Re-check internal filters section in MPC-HC options.

I looked in the internal filters section but I'm not exactly sure what I'm supposed to be checking for? All I did was download and install SVP, change my default player to MPC-HC and try it out with an .mp4 file as well as a youtube video with svptube, were there any other steps I missed to get it working properly or is it supposed to be that simple?

SmoothRadio
All I did was download and install SVP
If you downloaded SVP Full bundle then MPC HC must be customized for SVP. SVP Core bundle needs to be configured manually.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3182

More info: FAQ # SVP Manager tells "Waiting for ffdshow video..."

Post's attachments

MPC-HC_external_filter_ffdShow.png, 14.81 kb, 660 x 499
MPC-HC_external_filter_ffdShow.png 14.81 kb, 585 downloads since 2014-04-28 

I downloaded the full bundle but in External Filters there was nothing there, I added the ffdshow raw video filter like the screenshot and tried again but still the same message.

8 (edited by chicken- 02-05-2014 01:59:30)

I'm having a similar issue, I've completely uninstalled/reinstalled the full svp package but same problems.

A.  Same problem as OP, except only when playing through SVPTube (.mp4 files that I have work just fine).  I'm pretty sure when mouse-overing the svp icon it would say "Waiting for ffdshow video" before, after reinstalling it just says "The player is in pause state" (while video is playing).

B.  SVP doesn't work on my other monitor while in fullscreen, works fine in windowed mode, the OSD display that shows the fps shows up normally, but I can tell it's not actually running at that fps.  As soon as I window it, it looks normal.  The only thing I can think of that's different in my system that it used to be is that I'm using displayport output for my 144hz display when I used to use DVI for both.

P.S. I have a fast system, one of my monitors is 144hz and plays smoothly at that FPS, my second monitor with the issue is 60hz so it's not just that it can't display the fps in fullscreen or anything like that.  I checked the things mentioned on this page and confirmed they are setup as mentioned, as well as in the FAQ.  Also tried manually selecting the monitor in SVP.

SmoothRadio
Delete SVP, MPC-HC and ffdShow first then install SVP Full package. All must work.

chicken-
A. Perhaps you have more than one player processes loaded. See Task Manager - processes.
B. Look to Additional Information (form SVP tray menu - Information) after video starts playing and tell me what refresh rate is wrong detected:

Last processed file parameters:
Filename: Fight Club.m4v
Frame size and frame rate: 1280x532 pixels, 23.976 fps
With lighting enabled: 1280x800 pixels

Detected screen parameters
Screen size and refresh rate: 1920x1200 pixels, 60.146 Hz

Video smoothing info
Smooth factor: 5:2
Resulting video frame rate: 59.94 fps
After ReClock: 60.146 fps (ReClock icon must be green)

Last processed file parameters:
Filename: Fight Club.m4v
Frame size and frame rate: 1280x532 pixels, 23.976 fps
With lighting enabled: 1280x720 pixels

Detected screen parameters
Screen size and refresh rate: 1920x1080 pixels, 144.031 Hz

Video smoothing info
Smooth factor: 6:1
Resulting video frame rate: 143.856 fps
After ReClock: 144.031 fps (ReClock icon must be green)

Thanks, that worked.

So I was having issues getting SVP to notice svptube videos at all, either said "player is in a paused state" or "waiting for ffdshow video".

I just set SVPmgr.exe to run as administrator and now it's activating with svptube.  Hope this helps somebody else big_smile

chicken-
So I was having issues getting SVP to notice svptube videos at all, either said "player is in a paused state" or "waiting for ffdshow video".

I just set SVPmgr.exe to run as administrator and now it's activating with svptube.  Hope this helps somebody else big_smile

I registered here to thank you. That really helped to make that thing work smile