1 (edited by Metagondria 18-12-2013 03:10:11)

Topic: Auto deinterlace and SVP

Woud it be possible to implement and Auto Deinterlace feature in SVP ???  So that i dont have to Disable or enable it all the time !!!

Re: Auto deinterlace and SVP

The best solution is to use hardware deinterlace in the decoder. It can be implemented in LAV Decoder if you use HW Decoder NVIDIA CUVID or Intel QuickSync.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2952

But you have AMD CPU and AMD GPU. In your case you can use HW decoder DXVA2 (copy-back) and software deinterlace in LAV Decoder.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2953

Deinterlace in SVP menu (it is just control of deinterlace option in ffdShow) is old and inconvenient tool at this moment.

Post's attachments

LAV_CUVID_HWdeint.png, 23.76 kb, 638 x 519
LAV_CUVID_HWdeint.png 23.76 kb, 615 downloads since 2013-12-18 

LAV_DXVA2cb_SWdeint.png, 24.26 kb, 638 x 519
LAV_DXVA2cb_SWdeint.png 24.26 kb, 636 downloads since 2013-12-18 

3 (edited by Metagondria 19-12-2013 12:23:57)

Hi mag,

Yes... i use amd .. and my only optiong is to use DXVA (native or copy-back) and i have read in numerous places/topics that the best setting is indeed Copy-back ..

But despite the hardware deinterlacing already set to auto... i still need to use an software filter on top of it for some video material....(mainly TV- Episode Discs)  such as ffdshow... 
I dont get that realy.... or the auto hw deinterlace isnt working because iam not watching with hw acceleration... or its because deinterlace needs to be completely disabled or something else !!

therefor..  watching most of my movies is better while deinterlace is disabled completely i have noticed .... because the image gets distorted you know ... like pretty much the same way as if you watch interlaced material without an deinterlacer filter but then the other way arround .. you understand ..

So.... i search for an sollution to set the deinterlace feature in ffdshow to auto disable !! 
Normaly  MadVr has a similar function... but i have read its not working properly and its best to disable that feature in madvr and choose either "film or video deinterlacing when in doubt" checkbox ..

Thanks +1 ←  big_smile  (no so much usefull perhaps... but its polite mag .. woudnt u agree)

4 (edited by Metagondria 19-12-2013 13:22:12)

Update..

I have played arround with some settings .. and i have think i have found an way to use auto/deinterlaced method whitout the need of the SVP on/off switch ...  Currently SVP is set to off... big_smile

NOw... if there wos only a way to get arround that pesky dvd menu navigation while svp is enabled.......  big_smile  !!!

I know that TOO needs to be disabled in order for proper menu navigation... although... not in movies so much... tis more of an nuicance while watching episode dvd discs... like i have showed by that uploaded snapshot in my other topic...

Thanks mag anyway..

Metagondria
watching most of my movies is better while deinterlace is disabled completely... you understand
No. Explain please.

i search for an sollution to set the deinterlace feature in ffdshow to auto disable !!
What mean 'auto disable'? What difference from just 'disable'? Just do not enable it.

MadVr has a similar function
madVR is renderer. Deinterlace in madVR is not solution when use SVP. It works after SVP. SVP needs progressive frames on its input. So you need to use deinterlace implemetation before SVP. It is any decoder and ffdShow-postprocessor only.

6 (edited by Metagondria 20-12-2013 11:53:33)

MAG79 wrote:

No. Explain please.

What mean 'auto disable'? What difference from just 'disable'? Just do not enable it.

Yes i try to find a way to "auto disable it in either SVP or FFDShow" .. you see so that i dont need to switch it on and off for to watch certain tv-episodes that still need the additional FFDshow deinterlace option for some reason for an clean image quality ççç

Well...iam not sure if deinterlacing is completely disabled both through hardware accelation DXVA and FFDshow... or is it just diabled in FFDSHOW  when deinterlacing is set to disabled in SVP .. you understand ?!!!

That iam not sure... Cuz i noticed some deinterlacing is used even though SVP deinterlace is disabled (not checked)..  but its not good enough to deinterlace some interlaced video material on the fly !!

But the thing is... when i deinterlace (SVP=on = → ffdshow = on) while watching movie i get to see the garbled image that i dont get to see when i watch movies while using NO deinterlacing through ffdshow = svp...!

I have captured an very small piece from an scene in a move while SVP/FFDshow DEINTERLACE IS = ON and you should clearly see that the image is slightly garbled .. especialy on panned scenes when deinterlace (ffdshow) is used.

NOw when disabled.. AGain, i get to seen an normal healthy Quality clean image..

And i especialy want to emphasize the usage of FFDSHOW because in catalyst center you can set the method of deinterlace aswell !!  So iam not sure which of the 2 is used or maybe BOTH !!!

1 thing is for sure, whitout the use of ffdshow deinterlace, some tv-episodes on dvd have SO MUCH SCANLINES (dont know how to explain it else) !!  While other tv-episodeds also on dvd (columbo for example) doesnt need additional deinterlacing... the image looks fine whitout deinterlace !

Though, and read me now... though Both Video Sources from those different Tv-episodes are →INTERLACED SOURCES ←!!

Let me show you what i mean by "garbled image sort of speak".. 

I will share an small raw video capture (no edit/recode) → size is 130MB and very short clip... tis best to watch it in slow motion...perhaps to cleary see what iam talking about .. that or set repeat playback on  roll ← 

Here u are ↓
https://www.mediafire.com/?46kno56tbzvyvxd

So first i thought to leave deinterlacing ON ... but no MATTER WHAT deinterlace method (yadif, tomscomp..etc) i use in FFDShow the image looks always somewhat garbled...
kernel bob ← very good deinterlacer but → cpu ← demanding  !!

I didnt think i woud need any additional deinterlacer since, the video processing is used by DXVA = hardware accelarted = deinterlaced i asume !!

MAG79 wrote:

madVR is renderer. Deinterlace in madVR is not solution when use SVP. It works after SVP. SVP needs progressive frames on its input. So you need to use deinterlace implemetation before SVP. It is any decoder and ffdShow-postprocessor only.

So tis best to completely disable madVR deinterlace feature... → uncheck boxes ← in options menu from madVR?

Thank you +1 for your happy thoughts ←

I hope i wos more clear to you...

cheerriepoopers,
metagondria

7 (edited by Metagondria 21-12-2013 02:02:46)

Oh .. i almost forgot ...

Using the software deinterlacer in lav video decoder setting make things wurse... But only when watching movies !  So and again,  i need to DISABLE software deinterlacers ... yes software deinterlacer.. when only watching movies !

Cuz me thinks that HW deinterlacing is always on no matter what the settings are in ffdshow/filters !! ..  But isnt good enough to deinterlace some episode discs !!

So yes,.. additional software deinterlacing is only needed when watching tv episodes mainly !!!  Because of the scanlines i get to see else you know ...

so .. yeah... i need an software deinterlacer .. but not alway's ...
And iam asking myself is there an way for ffdshow or SVp to auto detect that phenomenon !!?  Cuz if hardware deinterlacing is used automatically and alway's, in that case it just isnt enough to properly deinterlace some video material mag!!! hence,  → SCANLINES  ←  .. so thats when software deinterlacer kicks in !!!

thanks anyway for the effort ,

cheeriepoopers,
metagondria

I can't help. I use NVIDIA CUVID decoder with HW deinterlace. It works in auto mode. Enable only if it needed.
Find the way with AMD GPU yourself. I can't point it to you clearly than I did it in the second message of this topic.

You need to know more about deinterlace. Your video shows bob-deinterlace with field reduction. It reduce vertical resolution by 2. It is very simple and the worse algorithm of deinterlacing. Read more here: HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker

MAG79 wrote:

I can't help. I use NVIDIA CUVID decoder with HW deinterlace. It works in auto mode. Enable only if it needed.
Find the way with AMD GPU yourself. I can't point it to you clearly than I did it in the second message of this topic.

Your video shows bob-deinterlace with field reduction. It reduce vertical resolution by 2. It is very simple and the worse algorithm of deinterlacing. Read more here: HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker

But you have helped me so good on numerous occasions mag  big_smile  honor to whom honor is due +1 thanks , i'dd always say .. tongue

What iam asking myself here the whole time is the following ... IS HW DEINTERLACE from Amd iNFACT completely ON OR → Partial ON ← .. 
That said, when using SVP/FFDshow Default settings ..  Meaning Deinterlacing = OFF ,  Movies do look just fine ...  i.e: no distorted / garbled images just like you have seen in the video edit from that Bloodie Movie Saw back there i have uploaded and showed u... 
You remember that , and still have that file for comparisson !!

But when i watch tv-episode from retail DVD source, i →→ need ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE DEINTERLACERS AT WORK to clean up the rough edges (SCANLINES ... for lack of better word  roll )

So AGAIN,  IF and only IF my GPU is INFACT using HW → "auto deinterlace" ← (svp / ffdshow deinterlace = OFF) it SEEMS ONLY NOTICEALBE in movies.... yes all of my DVD movies look just splendid and sharp → without the scanlines you woud expect from interlaced video material ← you understand ?)!!!

MAG79 wrote:

Your video shows bob-deinterlace with field reduction. It reduce vertical resolution by 2. It is very simple and the worse algorithm of deinterlacing. Read more here: HD 1080i Test Pattern to determine Vector Adaptive Deinterlacing + others icl. Ticker

ARe you talking about that last short movie of proximately 130mb + i have upload? 

If yes, then that wos just to illustrate to you what happends to the movie quality WHEN and ONLY WHEN i use additional Software Deinterlacing through SVP+FFDSHow you understand ?

Again, what iam trying to achieve here is to use an PROPER additional Deinterlacer that works WELL both for my Tv-episodes or other heavily interlaced material and MOVIES ... 
Not because i need it so much for → MOVIES ←, but rather i want to find an proper additional deinterlacer to work in both situations so that i can leave the deinterlace → SWITCH ON ← .... 

Orrrrr...  to find an AUTO ENABLE/DISABLE DEINTERLACE FEAUTURE ...  just and because the additional SW deinterlacers DO NOT , i repeat DO NOT WORK VERY WELL with MOVIE PLAYBACK !!!!!!

I ONLY seem to nEED additional SW deinterlacer for watching those heavy interlaced tv-episoded discs.... sighn.... pheww..

I hope atleast you see where iam getting at with all this  roll

Dont expect an sollution...soon  big_smile , but it woud pleases metagondria if we had an mutual understanding right NOW righ HERE ↓  big_smile

cherriepoopers,
metagondria