I have a system specs as follows:

Intel i5 2400k processor, 3.1Ghz quad core
8GB ddr3 RAM
Nvidia GTX 570 1.2g GB GPU.
win 7 64bit
an LG  D2342P 1920 X 1080 screen.

now the software,

Im trying to get the best possible video quality, so im running this:

MPC-HC with LAV spliiter(mp4) and haali splitter (mkv)
coreavc decoder
ffdshow for audio

ffdshow raw filter for svp to work. no postporocessing.just subs and avisynth.

MadVR renderer with softcubic 100 for chroma and jinc AR for image upsscaling.

now,

everything runs just fine, including 3d videos.

my only problem is, in full HD videos, in certain "intensive" scenes, there are frame drops.
rest is very nice.

my question is, should that happen with this hardware?
the 1920x1080 settings set by svp are:
interpolation : adaptive
svp shader : standard
target frame rate : screen rate
motion vector grid : 14px
motion vector precision : half pixel
artifacts : disabled
processing of scene changes : repeat frame
decrease frame size : to screen size
blend frame to screen refresh rate : unchecked

open cl is ticked.the renderer madvr,decoder coreavc are  gpu based. as are the splitters.

gpu is max @ 36%.

cpu load reaches 100% during the stutters.Should that happen even when the max load possible is being given to gpu , sparing the cpu for the svp calculations? (and its not even the highest settings)

any suggestions to prevent those stutters( which only occur at certain scenes, otherwise its perfectly nice)
(other than downgrading from madvr)

and can someone point out to me, about which of the svp profile settings use gpu, so that i can increase that to the max, putting more load on gpu(keeping cpu usage the same)
[or is it all the settings i mentioned use cpu only?)

thank you...

Re: Slight stuttering

you could decrease some settings for real 1080p, for example not so many people can see the difference in "motion vector precision" values, set it to "one pixel"

thanks
ya that was the next question i was going to ask.
mainly the query is on these setting:

shader
grid size
precesion

1st query is what do they use? gpu or cpu.
and second query is what are the values for a balance between smoothness and less artifacts?

do i really need 12 or even 14 px grid size?
n like you pointed,half pixel to one pixel wont be much noticeable.
also,in the shader,for high quality source videos,does it matter if i choose complicated/default/may be lesser?
i want good quality video though,using madvr thats why in the 1st place.

i only need a slight performance increase,as rest of the fullHD video runs fine.
so whats the best setting to reduce without noticeably affecting the quality or smoothness?

will try out the 1 pixel setting.thanks again for that.

any other suggestion to increase performance/increase smoothness/reducing artifact is also welcome.

also,after reading around about the settings,i get a feeling,that to decrease artifacts,
i have to compromise on local smoothness.is that correct or is my understanding wrong?
cant i have best of both?
because this wonderful program creates such awesome smoothness that I really
don't want to sacrifice on that .
thank you again.

Hi, setting motion vector precision to "one pixel" really improves SVP performance on my system. Watching Transformers or Avatar, I see a major improvement in verisimilitude and far fewer artifacts. (I'm using an i5 3570k and watching a 37" LG 60Hz screen) You might consider making one pixel the default setting for motion vectors precision in your next build. Thanks again for the great software...

the above queries persist, i am just updating about the changes i made.

changed to 1 pixel, and yes, cpu usage decreased 10%.

so the OSD message is not coming.

but, in those scenes, there is stuttering due to some other cause.(tried madVR smooth motion.smoothens it out.but there is slight softness to the image.so decided no to use it)

the decrease grid step was turned to disabled.turned that to small step 6-8px.the stutter is quite reduced.
(id madVR does it, i know reclock will, but i cant use that, because for some reason it messes up my audio which becomes muffled and low volume.volume is boosted with ffdshow)

oh, and turned the interpolation mode to uniform.somehow, decreases the cpu usage very slightly,probably because it doesnt have to do scene detection.
the search radius is set to default average.

any more ideas to increase smoothness?

(at this setting, the scene peaks at 95% usage)

kingshuk
the scene peaks at 95% usage

it's better to keep it under 80% just to not be confused what exactly is the cause of stuttering smile

there is stuttering due to some other cause

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1206
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1486

well that stuttering is due to frame drops ,due to the diff between exact 60 hz and 59.94.

that can be corrected by madvr smooth motion, or blend frames option in SVP.which decreases the sharpness of the image.

so i finally was able to configure reclock and set it.
now its absolutely smooth.
95% was for the planet earth video scene with a thousand birds flying.
for other full hd videos, lyk avatar, its around 80 to 85.

one question though, i cant load reclock, without checking the option in reclock "force it to replace the default renderers"
my question is, what renderer does it replace?

also,  i have set the vector precision to 1 pixel and its not noticeable to me.so im gonna keep it.

motion vector grid is 14px.

what about the decrease grid step setting..its disabled right now.what are the effects of it settings?

kingshuk
my question is, what renderer does it replace?

audio renderer?

i have set the vector precision to 1 pixel and its not noticeable to me.so im gonna keep it.

just in case you want to get a knowledge you don't actually need big_smile - most noticeable difference between 1 and 1/2 pixel is in final credits smoothness

Chainik
just in case you want to get a knowledge you don't actually need big_smile - most noticeable difference between 1 and 1/2 pixel is in final credits smoothness

LOL

big_smile

ok, update, i got everything working smoothly.even reclock,in mpc-hc and (not in stereoscopic player.)

i have a question though,

what are the settings that can be used to reduce "halo" effects.. --without-- hampering smoothness noticeably?

in most of the videos its alright, but in quick moving scenes, specially in smaller sized contours, theres these artifacts.its smooth, but with artifact.

what would be the best setting to balance that out keeping the smoothness?

(also in svp shader, does using complicated help? as i am not finding any enhanced smoothness/increased quality of picture with it when i go up from the default)

i mostly watch movies and documentaries(less)..

thank you..

kingshuk
what are the settings that can be used to reduce "halo" effects

it's the most popular and hardest to reply question  big_smile

- with the 2nd SVP shader
- with "Motion vectors grid: 24px"

in theory 21th shader should get rid of this but may be it's not so good yet...

I personally prefer just not to notice this "halo" thing big_smile

Chainik
it's the most popular and hardest to reply question  big_smile

yep, i know, from the searching around i did before putting the question here..
smile
thats why i gave the type of videos i usually watch.
in the second shader, it is mentioned for anime..will it hold good for other kinds of videos as well?

also, the 24px, wont it decrease the smoothness?
but thanks for the replies, they have been really helpful.

p:s  lyk you, I too, choose to ignore the halo thing smile)))))))))

coz they happend not so often, and a re few and far between usually..

and the rest is just awesome!
thanks