Topic: Lav Filters + FFDSHOW RAW

Hi,

I'm new to SVP but not really a noob. I use video mixing software called Serato Video. It is coded like shit (openGL) so it results in poor performance in H264 videos playback. The best i can get i using Lav filters set on CUVID (i have nvidia GPU). The problem is that in the soft, there is no way to add video filters etc...like we can on MPC-HC or KOTPLAYER. The result is that the application will use the filter set as default with for example WIN7DSFILTER for the format you want. I use only H264 hd files. So i can't set it to use Lav filters + ffdshow raw. I have to make a choice between lav or ffdshow. If i choose ffdshow it doesn't use my CUVID anymore. My soft can't use DXVA neither (never figured why but i can confirm you that ffdshow dxva doesn't work with it).

My question is : is there a way to have SVP not waiting for ffdshow but directly for Lav filters ? This would permit me to use it with my soft as i can't set lav filters + ffdshow raw

Re: Lav Filters + FFDSHOW RAW

flashmp3
Try to use ffdShow video decoder as post filter.
You need to disable all formats and enable RAW

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2451

You will get LAV decoder + ffdShow decoder as post filter

Post's attachments

RAW_in_ffdShowVideoDecoder.png, 20.12 kb, 568 x 479
RAW_in_ffdShowVideoDecoder.png 20.12 kb, 899 downloads since 2013-03-31 

I'm trying right now and let you know in 5 mins

Do i have to force ffdshow for h264 ? I did the trick but my soft launch LAV but SVP remains waiting for the ffdshow (logical to me)

If H264 is forced to use Lav filters, when a h264 is launched through my video mixing soft i don't see why ffdshow raw would be called and be used. I was asking the question about if it is possible to have SVP called when lav is launched but i was almost sure it wasn't really possible. My software is so crap. We can't set filters etc....:( sad sad

flashmp3
Do i have to force ffdshow for h264 ?
No

Try to boost ffdShow decoder merit.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2452

Post's attachments

ffdShow_Merit_VeryHigh.png, 17.13 kb, 568 x 479
ffdShow_Merit_VeryHigh.png 17.13 kb, 665 downloads since 2013-03-31 

MAG79 wrote:

flashmp3
Do i have to force ffdshow for h264 ?
No

Try to boost ffdShow decoder merit.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2452

Doesn't change anything. Still Lav launching at video playing and svp waiting for ffdshow

flashmp3
I will download your's Serato Video this evening and try found the way.

9 (edited by flashmp3 01-04-2013 00:49:29)

Thank you very much for your help

Here you go for the DDL links :

https://truck.it/p/EyQe_RiHIZ
https://truck.it/p/DokKL50y93

Hi,

Any news ?

flashmp3
I have sad news for you. This software (Scratch Live + Serato Video) can use only one DS filter at once. It can not use LAV decoder and ffdShow filter together.
Using of nonstandard renderer (CustomNullRenderer) sometimes lead to Video window crash when SVP is enable. And this renderer are very slow. I couldn't output all 60 fps to it at my system. It is not quite good to use for smooth video.

I recommend to you use another player.

P.S. I have looked at YouTube New Serato Video & Scratch Live 2.4.1 - Demo w/ DJ SAMY. It's awesome. But!

It shows 2 video streams at one display and not always at normal speed and not always in one direction and not consequentially. SVP working good only if you play one stream at normal speed without rewind.

To view smoothed video at Serato Video software I think you must encode first all needed video-clips to high frame rate and then use prepared video in your mixes.
How to save/encode smooth video?

MAG79 wrote:

P.S. I have looked at YouTube New Serato Video & Scratch Live 2.4.1 - Demo w/ DJ SAMY. It's awesome. But!

It shows 2 video streams at one display and not always at normal speed and not always in one direction and not consequentially. SVP working good only if you play one stream at normal speed without rewind.

To view smoothed video at Serato Video software I think you must encode first all needed video-clips to high frame rate and then use prepared video in your mixes.
How to save/encode smooth video?

Hi MAG79,

I really want to thank you very much for your help !

My software is one of the most use audio and video mix software by profressional but it is true that the video part is coded as sh**. It works flawlessly on MAC but the adapted pc version isn't good at all. I will have a look at how to reencode my videos and if it is possible to do it in a quick way (using intel quicksync for example)

flashmp3
MediaCoder is a Windows re-encoding program (32-bit or 64-bit) that supports both QuickSync and CUDA. It's free, but the nag screens are obnoxious. Any donation via Paypal will get you a code to remove them. It has lots of advanced options and is quite fast, and is updated regularly.

jkauff

Thank you very much !! Cause i saw the tutorial given by MAG79 and even if the result may be good, as i'm dj so have lots of videos to reencode so i need something simple and quick of usage.

Thank you very much guys for you help.

I've tried increase framerate. I did convert with MediaCoder. I put an option to leave audio as it is and encode video at a 100% ratio so that the quality is unchanged. The goal was to use Intel quicksync and just increase the framerate without loss. The output file works well everywhere except with my soft. I had already tried modify video frame rates before and now remember i had bad results as well when trying to play the output files with Serato Video. I have to admit i've tried everything to get smooth results with that software. I'm giving up. The devs really have to develop OpenCL in it so that it uses GPU hardware acceleration provided by Intel,Nvidia and AMD (ex Ati).......

Guys do see any solution ? I tried Lucid MVP but you need a GTX model of Geforce. I have 620m GT

flashmp3
What the problem? You want to use Intel QuickSync? You not need in Lucid software. There is one trick: You need to enable HD Graphics output by driver. Just connect to HD Graphics output any monitor, reboot and extend desktop to that monitor.
* It can be the same monitor as connected to NVIDIA card but to another connector.
* You can move that monitor to diagonal position corner-to-corner to avoid mouse out from main monitor area and it is not necessary to use it in work.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2463

Post's attachments

Screen_Resolution_dialog.gif, 63.7 kb, 409 x 415
Screen_Resolution_dialog.gif 63.7 kb, 746 downloads since 2013-04-03 

MAG79
I just discovered this trick the other day trying to get Virtu to work properly. Only difference is that SVP no longer gives me the choice of adapters for hardware acceleration, but that's OK because I want it to use the GTX 660 anyway. I uninstalled Virtu.

jkauff
If trick done properly then you will get menu choice of GPU-acceleration in SVP: NVIDIA or Intel HD Graphics 4000.
Without Virtu.

Hi MAG79.

I just would like to have a good performance with SV. I can't believe my computer specs are not enough to run smooth as i can easily play 6 1080p video at the same time without lag using MPC-HC + Lav Filters with CUVID or QuickSync. I'm trying to find a kind of workaround as we both know that SV (Serato Video) is crap. I tried SVP with MPC-HC. The result is incredible. I wish i could use it with the crappy SV.

So the thing is that SV was compatible with Intel HD graphics GPU but they desactivated it later. So i have to force SL and SV to use my discrete GT 620M to make it work. If i force only SL and leave SV to use the intel GPU, the video launch blank.
I need to find a way to force a bit the soft to use more GPU. the video load is so low while it could be lot more using the GPU power. Also when i open 2 videos at the same time, the GPU usage decrease a bit instead of increasing (vs 1 video). Do you think i could force the soft to use both GPU at the same time ?

"Just connect to HD Graphics output any monitor"

On my ASUS UX32VD R4002 i don't know which GPU is used when connecting to HDMI. I've also VGA port. But don't know as well which GPU is used when i plug to it. The SL and SV are forced to use Nvidia GPU even with the SV playing on the monitor connected to HDMI as the soft isn't compatible with intel GPU

flashmp3
ASUS UX32VD R4002
Oh. It is laptop. Sorry. Then I think it have not direct output from integrated video to monitor. Only Virtu can help.
Trick works with Desktop PC.

flashmp3
Do you think i could force the soft to use both GPU at the same time ?
I think you need to contact Serato developers. As I can see on YouTube such on-the-fly video FX can work only with hardware acceleration. But hardware acceleration may have limits to framerate. You need to ask developers does Serato Video (or Video LS) supports 1080p60 or 720p60 video clips? You need maximum smoothness on 60 Hz monitor.
In demo clips I saw only about NVIDIA support, nothing about Intel Graphics support.

MAG79 wrote:

flashmp3
ASUS UX32VD R4002
Oh. It is laptop. Sorry. Then I think it have not direct output from integrated video to monitor. Only Virtu can help.
Trick works with Desktop PC.

flashmp3
Do you think i could force the soft to use both GPU at the same time ?
I think you need to contact Serato developers. As I can see on YouTube such on-the-fly video FX can work only with hardware acceleration. But hardware acceleration may have limits to framerate. You need to ask developers does Serato Video (or Video LS) supports 1080p60 or 720p60 video clips? You need maximum smoothness on 60 Hz monitor.
In demo clips I saw only about NVIDIA support, nothing about Intel Graphics support.

Virtu MVP need geforce GTX sad