1 (edited by redlid 23-04-2012 17:58:57)

Topic: DVD's colours are weird and motion makes artifacts.

The colours are just flickering and too bluish and greenish and picture quality varies from smooth to sharp every 2 seconds making it look unacceptable to watch as it can't decide that what sharpeness level to stay.

i7 3ghz
6970 with latest 12.3 drivers
Windows 7 x64 with all the updates. The temps are low for me.

Re: DVD's colours are weird and motion makes artifacts.

redlid
Please, show your additional info on this DVD: menu - Information - Additional information.

3 (edited by %username% 24-04-2012 04:23:46)

redlid
I has trouble like this when postprocessing was enabled in ffdshow raw/video decoder

Last processed file parameters:
Filename: VTS_01_1.VOB
Frame size and frame rate: 720x576 pixels, 25 fps
Âíóòðåííÿÿ Avisynth-÷àñòîòà: 24.941 fps

Detected screen parameters
Screen size and refresh rate: 2560x1600 pixels, 59.859 Hz
After aspect ratio correction: 1800x1600 pixels (SAR=64:45)

Video smoothing info
Smooth factor: 12:5
Resulting video frame rate: 60 fps
Ïîñëå ñìåøèâàíèÿ êàäðîâ: 59.859 fps

Selected profile: 720x576@25

Profile settings of video processing
[ExMethod=MSmoothFps_0]        Frames interpolation mode: Uniform (max smoothenss)
[ExAlgo=11]            SVP shader: 11. Simple Lite
[Bicubic=1]            Motion vectors interpolation mode: Bicubic (by default)
[ExMulti=MON]            Target frame rate: To screen refresh rate (default)
[ExBlockSize=8x8:2]        Motion vectors grid: 6 px. Small 2
[ExRecalc=65000:4]        Decrease grid step: To smallest step 3-4 px.
[TypeDist=Exh:-14:SATD]        Search radius: Large
[ExPel=0]            Motion vectors precision: Two pixels
[Badsad=2000:-24]        Wide search: Strongest
[ExSadml=0]            Artifacts masking: Disabled (default)
[ExBlend=false]            Processing of scene changes: Repeat frame (default)
[ExDwnResize=0]            Decrease frame size: Disabled (default)
[ExConvertFps=true]        Blend frames to screen refresh rate:true

Settings by menu
[svp_libflowgpu=1]        GPU-acceleration (OpenCL): true
[ExThreads=9]            Processing threads: 9
[HandCrop=None]            Frame crop: Disabled
[Borderlight=None]        Black bars lighting: Disabled
[VDelay=0]            Video delay: 0 ms
[ExDemo=0]            Demonstration mode: false
[ExTearingTest=0]        Tearing test: false
[EFrameDoubling=1]        Variable frame rate repair: true
[StopSmoothDelayOnRewind=1]    Turn off on seek: Turn off by 1 sec

redlid
Oh! I see some untranclated phrases:

Âíóòðåííÿÿ Avisynth-÷àñòîòà: 24.941 fps
îñëå ñìåøèâàíèÿ êàäðîâ: 59.859 fps

It is not good. I'll fix it.

But in general all is normal.

Can you show filter's list?
Please, take a screenshot of ffdShow tray menu while playing like this:

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=1535

Post's attachments

ffdShow_filters.png, 7.85 kb, 240 x 734
ffdShow_filters.png 7.85 kb, 539 downloads since 2012-04-24 

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/jani_ik/svp.png

It looks weird. It wants ffdshow video decoder double time for example.

redlid
Yes. It is all doubled: ffdShow video and ffdShow Audio. hmm
Two ffdShow video filters are harmful to the smooth is some cases.
You need to delete second copies. Especially ffdShow video.
Simple way: just open MPC-HC options - External Filters - select "ffdShow RAW" - Block - OK

This is really buggy as hell. Only settings which the svp want's to work is to block subtitles filter from MPC-HC external filter options. Putting ffdShow RAW to block did not made any difference but at least removed the double icons from task bar.  hmm

I guess the windows 7 x64 support is nonextinct rigth now as all the SVP developers still uses 11 years old Windows XP with under than 4 gigs of ram? There isn't much point using SVP as you can't even adapt DVD's for it.

redlid
Don't worry, be happy! big_smile
We use Win7 x64.
I'm not faced such problem. All played perfectly wink

Only settings which the svp want's to work is to block subtitles filter from MPC-HC external filter options
I don't see any subtitle filter at your screenshot hmm

Yeah, SVP developers just don't use 20 years old DVD's  lol

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d56/jani_ik/external.png

This is only setting how it actually works. I am using normal account for my Windows for the security reasons, does that count?

hmm

redlid
This setting does nothing big_smile
Unchecked item means to not change merit of this filter. wink

Yeah right. the DVD what I am trying to watch is Public Enemy btw.  smile

redlid

OK, especially for you I've found both DVD drive and still readable DVD disk, which is "Kingdom of Heaven"  big_smile
It works as expected in MPC-HC with any filters combination that I have.

lickering and too bluish and greenish and picture quality varies from smooth to sharp every 2 seconds can't be added by SVP so what if just turn it off? Which version of ffdshow you're using? - try another one.

Chainik wrote:

redlid

OK, especially for you I've found both DVD drive and still readable DVD disk, which is "Kingdom of Heaven"  big_smile

lickering and too bluish and greenish and picture quality varies from smooth to sharp every 2 seconds can't be added by SVP so what if just turn it off? Which version of ffdshow you're using? - try another one.

I think this project is doomed. You're asking me what FFDshow I am using? Try to make a wild guess...HINT:  I downloadeed it from your web page.

This is unprofessional project which never will work properly, like linux for example.

I'll try to be more specific: how your dvd works in the very same video player with same filters but without SVP manager running?

BTW thanks for your kindly reply, we're looking forward for more highly professional opinions from you!

Yes without SVP the colours are crisp and clear and motion doesn't make artifacts, (of course without SVP I lose the smooth motion algorithms.) as you can wait them to be because MadVR renders them or for example if I try to play it in VLC. I think the problem is in FFDshow or in SVP.

redlid wrote:
Chainik wrote:

redlid

I think this project is doomed. You're asking me what FFDshow I am using? Try to make a wild guess...HINT:  I downloadeed it from your web page.

This is unprofessional project which never will work properly, like linux for example.

This project is directshow based, since it interacts with ffdshow through avisynth. The whole point of directshow is easy extensionability, though this usually hinders the "plug-and-play"-functionality a bit. If you don't have enough patience to spend 30 minutes setting it up properly before leaving such a remark, may I suggest VLC instead?

heyer wrote:

This project is directshow based, since it interacts with ffdshow through avisynth. The whole point of directshow is easy extensionability, though this usually hinders the "plug-and-play"-functionality a bit. If you don't have enough patience to spend 30 minutes setting it up properly before leaving such a remark, may I suggest VLC instead?

30 minutes? Check this forum. I think I've been in this forum already like 30 hours. I know my stuff, have been set up ffdshow and madvr several times, but this time something has gone horrible wrong with SVP project, and it's really broken no matter what settings I have.

If you could read, you'd notice several screenshots from me which tells for an Average JOe that I've been spendin more than 30 minutes ni this wrecked project.

SVP
still loving you!  wink

redlid
Do you understand that if you're the only one with such issue that the problem is in your setup?  hmm
Do you understand that if you really want some help here you need not to use that words you're using now?
Do you know that if you like "professional software" your're always welcome to get out of here and find it?

I really confused cause your first message here was in Jan so I think you have SVP to work for you already so you must understand some rules. May be someone has stolen your password here and writes all this wired stuff?  hmm

It's not that serious. You're welcomed also to get public enemy DVD and test it. MadVR project guy tells that he's not supporting MadVR DVD playback on 64-bit Windows 7 which is quite a hipster decicion so I am not amazed that this still has problems. (maybe 100% of new computers has 64-bit Windows 7 but who cares really..)

I'll keep you updated with latest drivers and svp version, when it start's to work correctly again as this has worked before and I use this DVD as testing media to test the latest drivers and SVP.