1 (edited by IchigoMait 26-04-2024 20:03:43)

Topic: Smoothness better with rife engine+avisynth filter...

Compared to using non rife profile.
I can't get the vapoursynth filter to work. The log says I need vapoursynth filter when using avisynth filter.
I did install python-3.12.3-amd64 and VapourSynth-x64-R66, but if I add it as a filter to the player aka set "prefer" for the Vapoursynth Filter, also set env. variables for Vapoursynth' from SVP's menu, but it will just give the api 4 error so useless for me.
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/RIFE_AI_interpolation
After checking it again, ok seems it works yeah with avisynth.
"DirectShow player (MPC-HC, etc) using Avisynth Filter: needs Avisynth 3.7.2; very slow initialization (10+ secs), be patient! TensorRT is not supported."
But not just with TensorRT, so what is it doing better, compared to the normal profile? It works pretty much instantly with 4.6 ai model (which works pretty fine, haven't tested 4.4), 4.9 takes time and is prone to closing the player outright, also stuttery fps when scene is in motion.

Switching AI models works, "everything" works and changes the outcome.
So I'm just gonna stick with rife ai engine profile and avisynth filter, I get a better result than trying to use automatic or whatever custom combination of settings. (using rtx 4070, MPC-HC x64 2.2.1 with lav filters and ffdshow and latest AviSynthPlus_3.7.3_20230715), the only caveat being that it doesn't switch to rife ai engine profile, have to do it manually, but who cares at least it works better than non rife ai engine profile.

Like what is the difference between using avisynth filter and vapoursynth filter, if rife ai engine profile works regardless, besides supposedly TensorRT not working, even though the ai models work.

Post's attachments

test.jpg 439.36 kb, 4 downloads since 2024-04-26 

Re: Smoothness better with rife engine+avisynth filter...

when you're using RIFE with Avisynth Filter, it's always a Vulcan/ncnn version.

> I did install python-3.12.3-amd64 and VapourSynth-x64-R66

SVP already have everything needed
you actually broke things by installing this AND also "set variables" from SVP
you must either use what SVP provides OR external python/vaporsynth, not both

Re: Smoothness better with rife engine+avisynth filter...

Chainik wrote:

when you're using RIFE with Avisynth Filter, it's always a Vulcan/ncnn version.

> I did install python-3.12.3-amd64 and VapourSynth-x64-R66

SVP already have everything needed
you actually broke things by installing this AND also "set variables" from SVP
you must either use what SVP provides OR external python/vaporsynth, not both

But why can I use different ai models that are from TensorRT then? They work. Well whatever.