Topic: I have a few questions on video conversion

Hey guys, I got SVP and love it, unfortunately it does seem my rig can't run my 2160p videos smoothly at 144hz so I wanted to instead convert the videos overnight or throughout the day. Due to space restrictions though, where does SVP save the files to while it's converting? Is there any way to have it use the GPU to convert or is this normally handled by the CPU unlike playback?

Also, should I be able to play at 144hz smoothly after all and maybe have my settings setup incorrectly? I'm also open to purchasing a replacement GPU as mine is a bit older, open to any recommendations, here is my current setup:

amd radeon r9 390
lg 32gk850f b
Intel quadcore I7-6700K 4.00 GHz

Re: I have a few questions on video conversion

it's probably a better solution to resize 4K down to 1440p in a real time instead of long conversion with loosing HDR data
in All settings search for "resize", set frc.frame.resize = -25601440

in this mode my old Ryzen 1700 shows 144 fps with no dropped frames while pure 4K can only reach 120 fps
and I'm talking about MPC-HC + madVR + Aviysynth Filter + disable 10-bit output (!)
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Avisynth_Filter_(AVSF)

but don't push madVR settings too high, keep the GPU load at reasonable level...

Re: I have a few questions on video conversion

Chainik wrote:

it's probably a better solution to resize 4K down to 1440p in a real time instead of long conversion with loosing HDR data
in All settings search for "resize", set frc.frame.resize = -25601440

in this mode my old Ryzen 1700 shows 144 fps with no dropped frames while pure 4K can only reach 120 fps
and I'm talking about MPC-HC + madVR + Aviysynth Filter + disable 10-bit output (!)
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Avisynth_Filter_(AVSF)

but don't push madVR settings too high, keep the GPU load at reasonable level...

Thanks for the avisynth write-up, do you happen to have one for madvr to work along with it? All I keep finding is write-ups for one or the other and it seems I can't find one that will show how to set it up to work with various filters