Topic: Occasional but persistent choppiness on Linux 5.4.0 and NVidia 450.57

I've been having problems playing videos at 143 FPS. I do have a monitor capable of that resolution. My setup is a 3 multi-monitor setup, and I have noticed that if I have a window selected on another monitor, the playback suffers.

However, if I have the pointer and the video playing on the primary monitor, playtback still suffers. Playback will go from ultra smoth for a minuite and then go choppy for 10 seconds or so, and then back to smooth.

I have my SVP configured as described in this topic: https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=4187

I am currently running SVP for Linux version 4.3.0.191. I am using the kernel drivers found in the nvidia-dkms-450 package.

Has anyone experienced this problem?

Re: Occasional but persistent choppiness on Linux 5.4.0 and NVidia 450.57

Note that I am not having this problem with the Windows version of this product. Can someone PLEASE respond to this topic? Thanks

Re: Occasional but persistent choppiness on Linux 5.4.0 and NVidia 450.57

I use SVP with Windows.

Windows has issues with multimonitor configuration too in some cases.
The solution is to watch video on primary display or disable all other displays while watching movies with smoothing.

The cause is synchronization video to audio. So you can try another audio drivers, video drivers. Also you can try to setup them.