Topic: Experiencing jitter with EVR Custom

The title speaks for itself, it jumps between 1 and 2 and doesn't stay consistently on 0. I am using Potplayer 64-bit, are there any tips I could make use of?

Re: Experiencing jitter with EVR Custom

The jitter is in the statistic on the screen in PotPlayer or elsewhere?
Can you show screenshot?

MAG79 wrote:

The jitter is in the statistic on the screen in PotPlayer or elsewhere?
Can you show screenshot?

I am kind of uncertain if I got what you mean, you wanted the screen for the jitter issue?
https://i.imgur.com/bzbQsos.jpg

Also, when I am watching it slighly lags which is really annoying.

Yes. As I can see you are talking about video jittering. At your screenshot i see "Jitter:1ms". But I don't know how it looking.
Can you enable tearing test in SVP (orange moved test line)?
The line must move smoothly without stops and jumps.
How it moved to you?

One of smoothest renderer is EVR CP in PMC-HC player. You need to enable D3D Fullscreen option and playback video at fullscreen. It is like example of smoothness. Try to compare how it looks and how tearing test line moves.

Post's attachments

EVR_D3DFullscreen.png, 24.47 kb, 646 x 502
EVR_D3DFullscreen.png 24.47 kb, 312 downloads since 2018-12-10 

MAG79 wrote:

Yes. As I can see you are talking about video jittering. At your screenshot, i see "Jitter:1ms". But I don't know how it looking.
Can you enable tearing test in SVP (orange moved test line)?
The line must move smoothly without stops and jumps.
How did it move to you?

One of the smoothest renderers is EVR CP in PMC-HC player. You need to enable D3D Fullscreen option and playback video at fullscreen. It is like an example of smoothness. Try to compare how it looks and how tearing test line moves.

I tested out your suggestions and MP-HC 64-bit is definitely smoother and the tearing line moves smoothly, without skipping or jumping. According to the statistics, it's not 0 in jitters but I don't even see the lags at this point.

While Potplayer 64-bit it jumps, skips and slows down every few or so seconds, but there are minor instances it moves smoothly but only for a moment.

That said, I would really like to use Potplayer 64-bit, I really like all the features it has and I use many of them. Like the playlist as an example which makes sorting videos so much easier. That's why I would appreciate if there was some way to solve this whitelist still using the same media player.

Any solutions?