Topic: MPV scripts not working

I want to use autospeedwin.lua but can't get it working with mpv player. I've already created the scripts folder in %appdata%\mpv and put the autospeedwin.lua file in and when I load up a youtube video using mpv it still doesn't change my display refresh rate to match the video frame rates. Any solution?

Re: MPV scripts not working

As I can see you placed file to correct folder:

Put the file inside the mpv\scripts folder, see the mpv man page for the correct path, should be %APPDATA%\mpv\scripts\

https://github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_sc … tospeedwin

Did you try as in example:

Examples:
    Setting the options at the command line:
        mpv file.mkv --script-opts=autospeed-speed=true,autospeed-estfps=true,autospeed-minspeed=0.8
    Setting the options in %APPDATA%\mpv\mpv.conf:
        script-opts=autospeed-nircmd=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-nircmdc="nircmdc",autospeed-monitor=0,autospeed-dwidth=1920,autospeed-dheight=1080,autospeed-bdepth=32,autospeed-rates="60;72",autospeed-exitrate=60,autospeed-minspeed=0.9,autospeed-maxspeed=1.1,autospeed-osd=true,autospeed-osdtime=10,autospeed-osdkey=y,autospeed-estfps=false,autospeed-spause=4

What file you want to open and what display refresh rate are you expect?
Why do you think SVP interpolation is not enough to make framerate equal to your display refresh rate?

MAG79 wrote:

As I can see you placed file to correct folder:

Put the file inside the mpv\scripts folder, see the mpv man page for the correct path, should be %APPDATA%\mpv\scripts\

https://github.com/kevinlekiller/mpv_sc … tospeedwin

Did you try as in example:

Examples:
    Setting the options at the command line:
        mpv file.mkv --script-opts=autospeed-speed=true,autospeed-estfps=true,autospeed-minspeed=0.8
    Setting the options in %APPDATA%\mpv\mpv.conf:
        script-opts=autospeed-nircmd=true,autospeed-speed=false,autospeed-nircmdc="nircmdc",autospeed-monitor=0,autospeed-dwidth=1920,autospeed-dheight=1080,autospeed-bdepth=32,autospeed-rates="60;72",autospeed-exitrate=60,autospeed-minspeed=0.9,autospeed-maxspeed=1.1,autospeed-osd=true,autospeed-osdtime=10,autospeed-osdkey=y,autospeed-estfps=false,autospeed-spause=4

What file you want to open and what display refresh rate are you expect?
Why do you think SVP interpolation is not enough to make framerate equal to your display refresh rate?

Hello MAG79, I've tried setting options in the mpv.conf but still with no success.

Usually online videos like youtube, dailymotion, etc with MPV. I want it to be like MPC-BE when I'm playing a 120fps video (after a 30fps x 4 via SVP interpolation) it'll change my desktop refresh rate from 144hz to 120hz as well.
I'm using SVP Interpolation as well, just that some videos like 25 or 30fps doesn't multiple well to 144fps hence the need to change to 100hz or 120hz to fit the 100fps or 120fps multiples.

> I've tried setting options in the mpv.conf
Can you attach your mpv.conf?

I can check it with my 144 Hz display next week.

MAG79 wrote:

> I've tried setting options in the mpv.conf
Can you attach your mpv.conf?

I can check it with my 144 Hz display next week.

Hello MAG79, here you go

Post's attachments

mpv.conf 392 b, 862 downloads since 2018-10-13 

Where have you placed nircmd?

autospeed-nircmdc="nircmdc"
    String - Path to nircmdc executable file.
    If not set, nircmdc will be searched in Windows PATH variable.
    If you set this "" or "nircmdc", Windows will look in your PATH for nircmdc

MAG79 wrote:

Where have you placed nircmd?

autospeed-nircmdc="nircmdc"
    String - Path to nircmdc executable file.
    If not set, nircmdc will be searched in Windows PATH variable.
    If you set this "" or "nircmdc", Windows will look in your PATH for nircmdc

Hello MAG79, is at C:\Program Files (x86)\nircmd-x64

Then try to pass autospeed-nircmdc="C:\Program Files (x86)\nircmd-x64\nircmdc.exe".
P.S. And you can check is nircmd work to you. Separately wink

9 (edited by OrbDark 13-10-2018 14:54:28)

MAG79 wrote:

Then try to pass autospeed-nircmdc="C:\Program Files (x86)\nircmd-x64\nircmdc.exe".
P.S. And you can check is nircmd work to you. Separately wink

Tried it and the script still doesn't work.
I can use "nircmd.exe monitor async_off" to turn off my monitor so nircmd should be working fine.

EDIT: It works now thanks!

Congratulations!
You have changed your mpv.conf?

MAG79 wrote:

Congratulations!
You have changed your mpv.conf?

Yes and it turns out that it's best to use "to screen" in SVP too so whatever refresh rate mpv changes it'll automatically fit to it too.