Topic: 4K 60/120 FPS Playback stuttering all of the sudden. High End PC

Hello guys, I recently brought the Pro version of SVP 4 as I wanted to use it to play 4K 60/120 FPS video/anime. It was working well for the first few days but then suddenly today all my playback above 1080p become stuttering and laggy, it's still playing smoothly on 1080p tho but anything above that will be laggy. I was wondering what could be the cause of the problem. Using MPV for youtube/online videos and MPC-BE + MadVr for downloaded videos.

Pc Spec:
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X
GPU: GTX 1070Ti
RAM: 16GB

Re: 4K 60/120 FPS Playback stuttering all of the sudden. High End PC

For 4K playback:
1. do not use 32-bit players
2. use mpv with caution - for some [still unknown] reason it becomes very CPU-demanding playing 4K and lags even with Ryzen 7 on default SVP settings.

Best player for 4K is MPC-HC/BE 64-bit.

Chainik wrote:

For 4K playback:
1. do not use 32-bit players
2. use mpv with caution - for some [still unknown] reason it becomes very CPU-demanding playing 4K and lags even with Ryzen 7 on default SVP settings.

Best player for 4K is MPC-HC/BE 64-bit.

Thanks for the reply, for some reason my GPU acceleration was turn-off automatically (was turn on a few days ago), now I turn it back on and all my 4K playback is playing smoothly again. I'm using all 64 bit video players. No problem with MPC-BE w/ MadVR for local 4K playback and MPV for online 4K Playback, CPU Usage usually hover around 40 to 50%.

ah, good for you!