1 (edited by stereoman 25-08-2017 23:23:03)

Topic: SVP 4 Pro slower than SVP 3.1.7

Recently purchased SVP Pro 4 and to my dismay i'm finding video playback is a lot more choppy than the old free version, I've dialled in exactly the same settings but it doesn't seem as fast and I noticed the video color in MPC-HC appears washed out compared to SVP version 3.1.7, I thought it might be something to do with SVP 4's overlay effecting the image some how but i'm not sure why it's effecting the color but overall i'm really disappointed, I've checked all my settings, made sure GPU acceleration was working, i'm using a Geforce 980 but for the life of me I can't get SVP 4 Pro to run the same as 3.1.7 with the same settings, I have to turn settings down on SVP Pro 4 to get the same performance as 3.1.7 and even then the video color in SVP Pro 4 is really washed out, it's a bit of a mess, not sure what's going on.

My current settings are:

Frame Interpolation mode: Uniform (max smoothness)
SVP shader: 23.Complicated
Target Frame Rate: To screen refresh rate (default)
Decrease grid step: 7px.Small 1
Search Radius: Large
Motion vectors precision: Half pixel (default)
Wide search: Strongest
Artifacts masking: Above normal
Processing of scene changes: Repeat frame (default)
Decrease Frame size: Disabled (default)

my systems specs running Windows 10 64
4790K @ 4.7ghz
Gigabyte 980 GTX watercooled
Asus Maximus VII Hero
16GB BallistixTracer 2400
Samsung 840 Pro 256 RAID

Re: SVP 4 Pro slower than SVP 3.1.7

1. SVP doesn't affect video colors.

2. MV search settings are different between SVP 3 and 4 => "Search Radius: Large" means different things.

3. For the best results keep CPU load at 70% at maximum.

4. A quote from the manual:

Setting all options to the maximum possible values will worsen the quality of motion interpolation and significantly increase the load on the system.