1 (edited by sarthakm27 05-04-2017 18:40:46)

Topic: Getting frame drops every 1 seconds

I've attached a screenshot of mpc-hc with the frametimes. Using svp4 free with anime setting. I've tried changing the number of threads,performance slider,switching vsync on/off,disabling hardware acceleration and none of them are helping. Another observation is that when I enable d3d fullscreen with dxva on nvidia card, mpc-hc freezes when I try to go full-screen.
Using an optimus laptop with
i7 4700mq
GT-755m
8gb ram

Post's attachments

Untitled.jpg 170.56 kb, 126 downloads since 2017-04-05 

Re: Getting frame drops every 1 seconds

sarthakm27 wrote:

I've attached a screenshot of mpc-hc with the frametimes. Using svp4 free with anime setting. I've tried changing the number of threads,performance slider,switching vsync on/off,disabling hardware acceleration and none of them are helping. Another observation is that when I enable d3d fullscreen with dxva on nvidia card, mpc-hc freezes when I try to go full-screen.
Using an optimus laptop with
i7 4700mq
GT-755m
8gb ram

if you are using madvr, disable exculsive fullscreen , disable dx 11, un-tick present frames in advance, use 3 frames backbuffers.

This has bothered me for 1 year. You don't have to suffer. Good day.

ckychris wrote:

if you are using madvr, disable exculsive fullscreen , disable dx 11, un-tick present frames in advance, use 3 frames backbuffers.

This has bothered me for 1 year. You don't have to suffer. Good day.

I was actually getting these problems with EVR. Since then I've installed madvr and tested it a little, it had the same frame spikes. Will try using these options and update the thread big_smile

sarthakm27
> I've attached a screenshot of mpc-hc
Where is the screenshot?

If you are using EVR then enable D3D Fullscreen option. See video in fullscreen mode.
Are the frame drops still here?

Post's attachments

EVR_D3DFullscreen.png, 24.47 kb, 646 x 502
EVR_D3DFullscreen.png 24.47 kb, 424 downloads since 2017-03-18 

5 (edited by sarthakm27 05-04-2017 18:41:16)

MAG79 wrote:

sarthakm27
> I've attached a screenshot of mpc-hc
Where is the screenshot?

If you are using EVR then enable D3D Fullscreen option. See video in fullscreen mode.
Are the frame drops still here?

Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, d3d fullscreen causes black screen for me.
EDIT: I've also added the screenshot

I see framerate 58.54 and display's refreshrate 59.93. It gives you 1 frame drop per second.
So, You need to get framerate equal to your display's refreshrate.

What you see in the log (framerate and refreshrate)?
SVP tray menu - Information - Events log

7 (edited by sarthakm27 07-04-2017 21:52:17)

02:40:05.140 \[I\]: Playback [9078e]: playing at 59.94 [23.976 *5/2]
The framerate counter was at 58.54 when I had vsync enabled. Without vsync, it goes around 59.xx. It fluctuates exactly in 1s in both cases
Edit: I also tried d3d exclusive fullscreen with intel gpu and it had the same issue