4 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:45:48)

Re: [deleted]

sadasdasas

benediktjung wrote:

The natural player thing does cpu only

SVP supports GPU acceleration.

I'd like that, too. I know there are other ways, but I just want a one click method. Select a video file and a SVP profile and just get it converted.

7 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:45:54)

asdasdasasasds

> Plenty of people want to pre-process video files

Please show me those people hmm
Everyone I know are capable of reading through doom9 and run all the conversion tools even in Win 10. It's not a rocket science.

> I have a feeling perhaps the devs don't use Windows 10
big_smile

Chainik wrote:

Please show me those people hmm

There are already 4 in this thread. And there have been quite a few threads about the exact same topic already.

I am tech-savvy and all the other methods I've tried have been horrible. Either something crashed or did not work as intended.

And with so much 4k content available on youtube now and the shift to mobile devices it get's more and more important to have something reliable and easy to use for pre-rendering in my opinion.

Is there really so much other stuff on your to-do list or is there some other reason to not implement it? Right now my SVP is running very well and except pre-rendering I don't have any other needs or complaints. smile

> There are already 4 in this thread.

ok, 4 of 10000
great hmm

11 (edited by James D 23-01-2017 01:28:49)

Maybe SVC Pro (Smooth Video Converter) branch will be even more profitable than SVP? Or just create SVP Ultimate which would include this video converting procedures smile

maybe start with poll ? Add it to SVP on next update and analyze it in month

13 (edited by James D 23-01-2017 07:06:40)

dlr5668 wrote:

maybe start with poll ? Add it to SVP on next update and analyze it in month

Yeah: Would you buy Premium License 5$ worth for built-in video transition software? Yes No I don't care.
Except Indiegogo funders would expect it to get for free I suppose.

14 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:48:54)

asdasdasdasdsd

> You say you don't use Windows 10

this's what you say for some reason hmm
all I said was: big_smile

If we'll record a video showing that guide working in Windows 10 will you be happy enough?

Alex wrote:

I have to say, SVP itself has already been getting shaky in 10, prone to crashing or freezing if you dare play with the seek bar (I've had it freeze on me in exclusive fullscreen several times, and in those cases I had basically no choice but to force the computer to shut down via cutting the power).

Was that avisynth or vapoursynth video processing? If avisynth then make sure you use Avisynth 2.6MT (from C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\plugins) instead of Av+. Put it in the player folder.

17 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:49:00)

sdasdasass

I still have not heard a single valid argument that would make sense to not implement it from the developers. Somehow it feels like they are trying to not tell something. But maybe that's just me.

I think there are more important goals for SVP development:
- improving interpolation quality (less artifacts or better smoothness);
- improving interpolation speed (lowering CPU usage or moving more computations to GPU).
However, if it's not possible, video conversion is a good feature to add.

For what it's worth, I use SVP with Windows 10 (on build 14986 at the moment, as 15002 and 15007 are nightmarish) and I have not found it to cause unusual crashing or freezing.

21 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:49:06)

sadasdasasd

22 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:53:39)

asdasdasdasd

23 (edited by James D 25-01-2017 17:20:00)

That was funny somtimes. I don't have much time now but you could read this guide meanwhile http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=3244

24 (edited by Alex 08-02-2019 08:49:10)

sdasddss

Elliot wrote:
benediktjung wrote:

The natural player thing does cpu only

SVP supports GPU acceleration.

I was referring to the actual encoding/decoding, which took the biggest toll. Cpu was at 100% all the time