Topic: crashes when right licking and when rezising windows(F11)

so if I right click in mpc with svp enabled while a video is playing, or press f11, it will crash and show this message:

WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
ffdshow+0x5e69
ffdshow+0x8ad1

Uninstalling and reinstalling mpchc, svp, avisynth, ffdshow etc didnt help.

I have used svp4 since it launched, and only started getting this error last week, is there some easy fix for this?

Re: crashes when right licking and when rezising windows(F11)

> I have used svp4 since it launched, and only started getting this error last week

well, what changed?
windows 10 update, any drivers, etc?

3 (edited by camicazi 16-10-2016 21:18:29)

windows 10 updated, everything else should be the same. I tried rolling back the update, but that didnt work, and using a backup didnt make a difference either. I tried using a backup again, and the same issue persists, but now the video also goes to about half playback speed when svp kicks in, and about half the frames get dropped. the audio is at normal speed, so they get out of sync directly. When I change subtitles or audio languages the video jumps to the current frame but the speed is still way too slow.(the previous problems also still persist).
the crash warning also changed to this:

kernelbase!RaiseException+0x48
msvcrt!_CxxThrowException+0x59
WARNING: Following frames may be wrong.
avisynth+0x6cfa1
avisynth+0x6c080
avisynth+0x6af77

edit: seems like the slowed down video is at 24-26 fps with some of the made up frames added in so thatit slows down (my monitor is 144fps)
edit2: tried playing a video on my other monitor, there the framerate is as it should, but the fullscreen problem still remains, and there the error message looks like this(the error is the same everytime it crashes on that monitor):
lavvideo!CLAVPixFmtConverter::convert_nv12_yv12+0x80
lavvideo!CLAVPixFmtConverter::Convert+0x1ad
lavvideo!CLAVVideo::DeliverToRenderer+0x4fc
lavvideo!CLAVVideo::Deliver+0x1e2
lavvideo!CDecodeThread::ProcessOutput+0x8f
lavvideo!CDecodeThread::Decode+0x161
lavvideo!CLAVVideo::Receive+0x139
lavvideo!CTransformInputPin::Receive+0x5c
lavvideo!CDeCSSTransformInputPin::Receive+0x1b
lavsplitter!CBaseOutputPin::Deliver+0x1c
lavsplitter!CLAVOutputPin::DeliverPacket+0x543
lavsplitter!CLAVOutputPin::ThreadProc+0x1fc
lavsplitter!CAMThread::InitialThreadProc+0x36
lavsplitter!_beginthreadex+0xb4
lavsplitter!_endthreadex+0x102
kernel32!BaseThreadInitThunk+0x24
ntdll!__RtlUserThreadStart+0x2f
ntdll!_RtlUserThreadStart+0x1b

edit3: the right click problem is still present on my 144hz monitor, but I can right click on the 60hz one

4 (edited by biff 16-10-2016 23:52:13)

Don't know if you updated to build 14946, but doing so totally crashed something on my computer (i5 3570k, GTX970, 16g of RAM). For some reason video would stutter when using vapoursynth with Potplayer (my CPU would run at 100% for some reason). I changed back to avisynth and soon video started to flash on and off. Then finally my whole screen reverted to black and white at a display of 360 x something, even without using SVP. After some mucking around, I gave up and did a clean install of 14946, which fixed the problem. Lately builds have also caused issues with MadVr too. Updating Windows 10 is worth it for the regular benefits I see on my 4k screen display and to audio quality too, but once in a while it cause serious issues with video playback.

nope, im on 14393

I just checked - no crashes of MPC in Win10 on my system with NVIDIA video adapter.
Try to update graphics drivers. Download it from NVIDIA site. Use custom install with clean option enabled.

okay, I sort of got a temporary fix for this. turns out this problem only arises when SVP tries to render to the screen refresh rate(144hz). It will then make all 144 frames per second, but only display them at 60fps, causing the slowmo. Setting the target fps to 120hz fixed the issue. The right click and resizing crashes also went away. Changing it back into 144hz makes the same problems start again, so im staying at 120hz until I clean install windows or want to continue tinkering with this.
This problem seems pretty weird, and I dont know what causes it, as reverting windows updates, graphics drivers and reinstalling all programs involving svp didnt change anything, might be a 3rd party program that started interfering in some way, but I dont know which one it would be in that case

120Hz is better for 30fps videos anyway (and gives similar results to 144Hz for 24fps videos).