Topic: Extremely slight stutter

Hi all. I absolutely love SVP however I notice a slight stutter its barely noticeable and I can notice it during panning scenes with anime. The stutter occurs for like a .1 of a second every couple seconds.

My guess it has to do with the hertz of my tv or monitor? which is 60hz
When I load up a video it says playing at 60.441?

Is SVP rendering the video at a different frame rate possibly cause this slight stutter?

I have an i7 4790 /w gtx 970

Thanks.

Re: Extremely slight stutter

> Is SVP rendering the video at a different frame rate possibly cause this slight stutter?

It is.
Try to start with "D3D Fullscreen" option in MPC-HC -> Playback -> Output.

The ultimate solution for syncing video with the screen refresh rate is ReClock but I personally won't recommend it unless you know what and why you're doing.

Chainik wrote:

> Is SVP rendering the video at a different frame rate possibly cause this slight stutter?

It is.
Try to start with "D3D Fullscreen" option in MPC-HC -> Playback -> Output.

The ultimate solution for syncing video with the screen refresh rate is ReClock but I personally won't recommend it unless you know what and why you're doing.

Thanks for the help.

I tried as you suggested and it is even more apparent with d3d enabled. It feels like I can see the regular interval stutter for .8 of a second rather than .1 of a second.
Any other suggestions?

I will look into reclock.

Okay Im a little shocked but I was experimenting and the problem went away.

It appears dropping my monitor hertz from 60hz to 59hz eliminated all the stutters!

I guess 23/24fps videos work better with 59hz over 60hz?

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 07-05-2016 00:02:34)

madchickendog wrote:

Okay Im a little shocked but I was experimenting and the problem went away.

It appears dropping my monitor hertz from 60hz to 59hz eliminated all the stutters!

I guess 23/24fps videos work better with 59hz over 60hz?

That makes perfect sense.

The source in this case is 23.976fps, and what SVP is doing is multiplying that by 2.5x to 59.94fps.

That 59Hz option is in actuality, guess what?  59.94Hz.

This is the kind of thing that MPC-HC's automatic refresh rate changer was made for - it lets you specify a specific refresh rate for a specific frame rate range, such as using 59.94Hz for 29.97fps but 60.00Hz for 30.00fps.

(btw, I would personally recommend using 47.952Hz or 71.928Hz for 23.976fps content if you can, but it's not really a requirement or anything)

Watching movies using SVP and with my TV set to "59Hz" hugely removes artifacts for me too. A much improved viewing experience compared with 60Hz. Thanks for the heads up!

Known issue for windows 10 + nvidia new drivers, after some research and hours of effort, multiple components, including SVP, LAV filters and madvr is having performance issues and stability issues. Some of the settings like D3D Fullscreen makes random frame time increases to 100ms for me. Extremely slight stutter happens with a lot of settings as well.

There is no cure to that. =[

ckychris
What NVIDIA GPU do you have?

Thanks so much for this thread! I was having this same exact problem, didn't experience it with 3.1.7 though, but thanks again! Love SVP!