1 (edited by biff 07-07-2015 01:02:08)

Topic: New SVP 3.1.7 version

Great job on the new version. SVP 3.1.7 tracks moving objects much better than the last version and with fewer artifacts. In fact, with videos up to 1080p, SVP 3.1.7 achieves superior smoothing vs. my onboard chip on the Samsung 4k JU6400 55" TV (used as my desktop computer monitor). SVP tracks things like the debris field in the film, Interstellar, at the 2 hour, 8 minutes, and 11 seconds mark, perfectly clearly. There's a little bit of shimmering on some objects, but previously, neither SVP 3.1.6 nor the Sammy could resolve all of the debris without severe ghosting. Now it's sharp. Of course SVP can't handle 4k videos, which the Sammy can. However, I don't have anything worth watching in 4k so SVP handles all my video smoothing needs at the moment. Awesome job and thanks again!
Oh yeah, and the fact that backgrounds don't blur anymore makes for vastly superior verisimilitude. And, I don't know if this is placebo effect, but colors seem better too. In short, I'm getting something like real 60fps in most scenes for the first time.

Re: New SVP 3.1.7 version

biff
Of course SVP can't handle 4k videos

wrong wink

What kind of CPU would be required? My 3570k and GTX970 don't seem up to the challenge.

add new video profile for 4k and tune it

5 (edited by biff 07-07-2015 08:51:58)

You're right! I set it to 3840x2160@59.94 and it runs fine (at least on scenery clips) at mode "2m", grid "28px. Large 1", radius "small and fast", precision "Two pixels" and everything else at default settings. Cheers...

Edit: Got it working just fine with everything on default settings except the Frames Interpolation Mode which I set at "2m".

To borrow this topic, what are the differences with the Bicubic Upscaler in MPC-HC?  I wasn't aware of them until SVP's docs mentioned them (I was using default bilinear), but what's the difference between Bicubic A = -1.00, -0.75 and -0.6?

VB_SVP wrote:

To borrow this topic, what are the differences with the Bicubic Upscaler in MPC-HC?  I wasn't aware of them until SVP's docs mentioned them (I was using default bilinear), but what's the difference between Bicubic A = -1.00, -0.75 and -0.6?

According to the madVR settings, these numbers are responsible for sharpness, aliasing and ringing of Bicubic resize.