1 (edited by Tumor 05-05-2015 02:53:31)

Topic: LAV Splitter Source doesn't keep settings

After installing MPC-HC SVP on my new computer, the LAV Splitter doesn't keep its audio- and subtitle-selection-settings anymore. The videos with multiple Dubs and Subs should open with a certain audio- and subtitle-language.

Do I need to somehow activate LAV Splitter first, or what's the cause of this problem? It doesn't even change the language at all and even if I open it right after closing it all the settings are as if I didn't change a thing.

I'm talking about this window by the way, just in case it's not obvious

Re: LAV Splitter Source doesn't keep settings

Tumor
I checked at my notebook. Windows 8.1 x64 One Language. UAC by default at second level. User name typed in English.
Settings are correctly saved after change, close and reopen dialog.

I either don't understand what you're saying, or I'm on the wrong forum...

This is not a bug-report, but a desperate attempt of getting help. My problem is that they're not saved and after closing and reopening it looks like I've never changed anything.

Tumor
Ok. How can I (or somebody else) reproduce the error? I can't help if I can't see the error.
LAV Filters uses windows registry to store settings. If saving is not work then it is possible you have corrupted registry or some software blocking queries to registry.
Usual solution is to reinstall something (MPC-HC, LAV, SVP, whole Windows). Did you try it?

About wrong forum. You can ask at LAV forum or Report a bug to MPC-HC Team

If I knew how to reproduce it, I would have solved that problem myself because knowing why it doesn't work makes it pretty obvious how to fix it...

I've already reinstalled all of the programs related to SVP and it still doesn't work.

Thanks for telling me about LAV using windows registry though - that makes figuring out a solution a little easier.

6 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 07-05-2015 23:11:19)

Have you tried using a fresh copy of MPC-HC 32bit portable?
http://portableapps.com/apps/music_vide … c-portable

Once you have that, follow this guide on setting up MPC-HC Portable to use SVP.
http://svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:MPC-HC

Do your LAV settings still not save even though portable MPC-HC Portable's built-in LAVfilters shouldn't be saving to the registry?