Topic: madvr has an 64bit version now

It'd be nice to see all tools on 64bit. It's not crucially important though, especially if the hardware is good. Madvr is still new on it since the initial version appears to be still glitchy.

Re: madvr has an 64bit version now

tobindax

madvr has an 64bit version now

Good news! smile
We have all chances to see SVP 64bit edition this year.

thanks for the replies guys!! very useful info wink anyway I bet for svp in the future (64bits.. less cpu... who knows wink )

MAG79 wrote:

tobindax

madvr has an 64bit version now

Good news! smile
We have all chances to see SVP 64bit edition this year.

I cannot wait for this, great news. Should be much better performance, hopefully better at covering artifacts too, and even more importantly, I hope it's released in time for Windows 10 and it's compatible with it from the get go.

A few months ago a 64Bit Madvr & 64Bit SVP would have been "wishful thinking" to us outsiders (obviously you cheeky developers knew haha), now they're becoming a reality.

5 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 13-04-2015 22:37:57)

Speaking of 64bit, I was going to say that now all we need is a 64bit-compatible version of Livestreamer, but it seems that such a thing got implemented sometime in the last year or so... (around a year ago, it wasn't able to launch 64bit MPC-HC).

x64 SVP isn't possible w/o x64 Avisynth

Chainik wrote:

You mean an MT version? Because it has been compiled for 64bit before in MT mode.

8 (edited by James D 14-04-2015 19:48:09)

Chainik
AviSynth+. Changes compared to AviSynth:
    64-bit version available

James D

You've just opened my eyes  big_smile
FYI - we're working together with ultim to make AVS+ x32/x64 as good as possible for SVP wink
I hope the next public release of AVS+ will make a big step toward.

But "classical" AVS x64 is dead.

10 (edited by James D 14-04-2015 20:18:47)

Chainik
You've just opened my eyes

Well, I noticed that you like to protect old technologies and classic ways even if you know arguments against it... I prefer to think that you do it so just to make a bigger surprise for us when new stuff is done and arrived wink
Hope to see evolved SVP soon:)

James D
I noticed that you like to protect old technologies and classic ways even if you know arguments against it

not even close big_smile

but I know AVS 2.6 in any way is not a "new technology" comparing to AVS 2.5
and I know x64 gives nothing to SVP

still AVS+ is great and we're looking forward to make it the base for SVP x32/x64

Chainik
Chainik

Speaking about! Do you plan to update SVPMark? Considering x64 and new svpflow plugins for last 2 years? That is the place where we can see if x64 bit was worth the hassle.

13 (edited by tobindax 14-04-2015 21:14:45)

Even if software design doesn't directly target 64bit, benchmarks often show a small advantage because of under-the-hood tricks done by the compilers.

You talked about doing a bridge between 2.5.8 and AviSynth+... so I'm curious how you would do such a bridge in x64!

Or perhaps you changed your mind and are now working towards a full-fledged AviSynth+ MT version?

Chainik wrote:

It gives higher address space, to the point it's no longer a concern. When I try to watch in 4K, my commit size is exceeding even what a large address aware 32-bit program is capable of handling. 64-bit will completely alleviate that, especially as resolutions continue to climb.

Kodiack
There're always extensive and intensive ways for improving something.
x64 is an extensive way and optimizing things to make 4K working on 32-bit is intensive way.
I prefer 2nd one wink

Still I admit that 8K video definitely will need x64  big_smile

17 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 23-04-2015 02:18:38)

Chainik wrote:

Still I admit that 8K video definitely will need x64  big_smile

Therefore it's better have a 64bit version now so that the bugs can be ironed out before such a thing is actually necessary for normal usage.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if SVP on 8k video will need some crazy hardware that that rumored 200-300w TDP HPC Zen APU with HSA + HBM memory.

For SVP on 8k video, just increase the pixel size from half pixel to 2 pixels.

Mystery wrote:

For SVP on 8k video, just increase the pixel size from half pixel to 2 pixels.

What if you're using an 8k head-mounted display where you need as much resolution as you can get?

20 (edited by Mystery 23-04-2015 19:17:33)

You still get the full resolution of the video. Increasing that setting just reduces the work requires to generate the extra frames. It is very important for low-res videos, but isn't as important for 1080p videos. Just as you can safely change it from half pixel to one pixel for 1080p videos without much impact on quality, you can change it from one pixel to two pixels for 4k videos and you shouldn't see much difference. This should allow you to watch 4k videos or even 8k videos with the same hardware. Then of course, if your hardware can handle it, you can increase quality settings.

At 4k and 8k, especially in 120fps, it is madVR that would struggle!

21 (edited by cookieboyeli 24-06-2015 19:56:40)

So I take it there won't be any sort of public update until after the campaign is over. http://igg.me/at/svp4
Or will you give us what you've come up with in the past year? Come on there must be some benefits after a whole year!

I'm donating $100 to the project and promoting it on Overclock.net and possibly Reddit.com. Good luck! smile

cookieboyeli
The only real benefit was updated SVPflow libs which are up to 40% faster.
I'll think if we could release a public update for 3.1.6 w/o changing the Manager...

Regarding the campaign - I hope for some kind of "SVP4 techincal preview" in the middle / near the end of it.

So there will be a 3.1.7 some time in the near future? Don't worry about impressing people with a massive update. I'm sure they will be beyond thrilled with a VLC plugin, new UI and less artifacts! Give us the speed now!  big_smile

Will SVP4 TP be only for $100 tier donators or will they get preview builds much earlier? I'm thinking about donating $100 but I want to be sure that I'm actually going to get some decent preview builds ahead of schedule.

As you can see I'm dying for a new version of any kind. 1440p 96Hz with madVR is not easy at all.

cookieboyeli
So there will be a 3.1.7 some time in the near future?

I hope so.

Will SVP4 TP be only for $100 tier donators or will they get preview builds much earlier?

I can't tell now. In any case first TP will be very feature-limited with only basic functions enabled.

1440p 96Hz with madVR

I'm not sure any SVP version could help you here  big_smile

I'm using SVP (with MadVr, ReClock, LAV, and Potplayer) at 2160p and 60Hz on a Samsung JU6400 55", together with the Samsung native smoothing, and it looks great! It smooths out almost all the remaining judder that the Samsung upscaling and smoothing engine can't handle by itself and with pleasantly few artifacts.