Re: how can I convert 24p to 60p without the smooth interpolation?

swiths
need i customize a 59.xxx hz refresh rate?
You must decide it yourself. madVR can help you with its statistics to calculate how often you will see drop or repeat frame at your display. See text under second red rectangle at the picture above.

27 (edited by swiths 04-05-2014 01:52:33)

MAG79 wrote:

swiths
need i customize a 59.xxx hz refresh rate?
You must decide it yourself. madVR can help you with its statistics to calculate how often you will see drop or repeat frame at your display. See text under second red rectangle at the picture above.

it looks my here dropped a frame every 16.xx seconds, much worse comparing to your every 54.xx minutes. Is there any options in madVR can improve this? roll

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3194

Post's attachments

1.jpg, 208.83 kb, 549 x 729
1.jpg 208.83 kb, 472 downloads since 2014-05-03 

MAG79 wrote:

Instead of ReClock you can also switch your display to custom refresh rate. For this you need to create custom mode and add it to list of display modes.
I added 59 Hz mode and costomized it manually in NVIDIA control panel as close as possible to 59.94 Hz

I'm using a Intel haswell integrated GPU, do they support the cusotmized refresh rate? sad

swiths
Intel haswell integrated GPU, do they support the cusotmized refresh rate?
No. As I know.

So. The only way is to use Relock. Then you will get ideal synchonization. No drop and no repeat frame till movie end wink

MAG79 wrote:

swiths
Intel haswell integrated GPU, do they support the cusotmized refresh rate?
No. As I know.

So. The only way is to use Relock. Then you will get ideal synchonization. No drop and no repeat frame till movie end wink

I'm trying the ReClock and it says the movie should have audio. How can I deal with the movies w/o audio? hmm

swiths
How can I deal with the movies w/o audio?
You can add virtual audio track to video. I know only one way is to create AVS-file near your VIDEO.AVI file with text:

vid=DirectShowSource("VIDEO.AVI")
aud=vid.BlankClip(stereo=true)
AudioDub(vid,aud)

Every video file will require AVS file creation.

MAG79 wrote:

swiths
How can I deal with the movies w/o audio?
You can add virtual audio track to video. I know only one way is to create AVS-file near your VIDEO.AVI file with text:

vid=DirectShowSource("VIDEO.AVI")
aud=vid.BlankClip(stereo=true)
AudioDub(vid,aud)

Every video file will require AVS file creation.

thanks a lot!

I've tried ReClock and it looks I need to turn off the AviSynth-SelectEvery(2,0,0,0,1,1) script so that correct aaabb cadences can be got. the correct rate is 100% but sometimes the cadence is aabbb. So my question is if ReClock can force the aaabb sequence or not? roll

aaabb and aabbb. What the difference? hmm
Or you tell about aaa-bb-cc-ddd sequence?

34 (edited by swiths 05-05-2014 15:33:57)

MAG79 wrote:

aaabb and aabbb. What the difference? hmm
Or you tell about aaa-bb-cc-ddd sequence?

i expect aaabb sequences repeated continòusly,like aāabb cccdd eeeff。。。^_^

Facts are not as you expected? What is wrong?

36 (edited by swiths 06-05-2014 01:34:03)

MAG79 wrote:

Facts are not as you expected? What is wrong?

I'd like to see the cadence sequence like selectEvery(2,0,0,0,1,1), but it looks ReClock did NOT ensure this sequence but it make sure accurate frame as you know both aaabb & aabbb can output the correct 60fps based on 24fps input. Also, i have to turn off selectEvery script otherwise the frame sequence is totally corrupted. roll 

Here're two snapshot with ReClock.

figure 1 is as I expected aaabb sequence. every 5 frames are correct aaabb. I marked them with a blue angel.
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3197

but figure 2 is not. the red ones are aabbb.
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3198

Post's attachments

ReClock-1.png, 73.74 kb, 859 x 609
ReClock-1.png 73.74 kb, 469 downloads since 2014-05-05 

ReClock-2.png, 93.84 kb, 851 x 601
ReClock-2.png 93.84 kb, 426 downloads since 2014-05-05 

Oh! I see. You can use SelectEvery(2,0,0,0,1,1) and ReClock together. Then frame order in sequences will be right.

38 (edited by swiths 06-05-2014 05:19:20)

MAG79 wrote:

Oh! I see. You can use SelectEvery(2,0,0,0,1,1) and ReClock together. Then frame order in sequences will be right.

i have to turn off selectEvery script otherwise the frame sequence is totally corrupted. like this:
it looks ReClock has some logic to control how to duplicate the frames from 24fps to 60fps, and selectEvery would interfer with it.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3199

Post's attachments

ReClock+SelectEvery-1.PNG, 68.87 kb, 842 x 590
ReClock+SelectEvery-1.PNG 68.87 kb, 446 downloads since 2014-05-05 

ReClock can work with ANY framerate. 59.94 fps can handle correctly.
What you see at ReClock window?
ReClock Flashing Red/Green and SVP Setting Descriptions
I mean what detected values of Video stream framerate and hardware refresh rate?

40 (edited by swiths 06-05-2014 05:17:21)

s

MAG79 wrote:

ReClock can work with ANY framerate. 59.94 fps can handle correctly.
What you see at ReClock window?
ReClock Flashing Red/Green and SVP Setting Descriptions
I mean what detected values of Video stream framerate and hardware refresh rate?

Enclosed is the snapshot of SelectEvery(2,0,0,0,1,1) enabled case.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3200

Post's attachments

1.jpg, 238.42 kb, 714 x 636
1.jpg 238.42 kb, 425 downloads since 2014-05-06 

swiths
Looks like all is worked. It is strange if frame sequence are not correct. Can your tool with memory dumps make mistakes?

MAG79 wrote:

swiths
Looks like all is worked. It is strange if frame sequence are not correct. Can your tool with memory dumps make mistakes?

it's possible but after I turn off the selectEvery script, the sequences are either aaabb or aabbb.

I'm just doubting if I need to set 'media adaptation - speed' from 'auto" to 'Original speed' or "Refresh rate', when SelectEvery is enabled as 24fps was already converted to 60fps? hmm

SelectEvery + ReClock works fine. Just every frame have individual number after SelectEvery function.
I mean your picture with different frame timestamps.
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=3199

And do you know how many threads work with your frames? Do you know about difference between frames show order and frames processing order?

44 (edited by swiths 06-05-2014 07:02:13)

MAG79 wrote:

SelectEvery + ReClock works fine. Just every frame have individual number after SelectEvery function.
I mean your picture with different frame timestamps.

And do you know how many threads work with your frames? Do you know about difference between frames show order and frames processing order?

as I was using SelectEvery(2,0,0,0,1,1) for the 24fps video source, the expected video output is 60fps and the sequence is 3:2 (aaabb, cccdd style, the memory dump is aaabb style 5 dword values, for example 0xa 0xa 0xa 0xb 0xb.)
But the results is not, it's abcdefghi....style now. 2 frames were converted to 5 totally different frames.. sad

2 frames were converted to 5 totally different frames..
Why do you think so? Maybe they are the same frames just "renamed"?
Look at real frames at output. I don't trust to strange tools numbers smile I trust my eyes. Check frames order manually.

Please show REAL 2 source frames and 5 DIFFERENT frames generated from them. I tell about screenshots.

MAG79 wrote:

2 frames were converted to 5 totally different frames..
Why do you think so? Maybe they are the same frames just "renamed"?
Look at real frames at output. I don't trust to strange tools numbers smile I trust my eyes. Check frames order manually.

Please show REAL 2 source frames and 5 DIFFERENT frames generated from them. I tell about screenshots.

it seems the debugger running on the capture device doesn't support dumping frames, except DWORD 'timestamp' values generated from the frames. sad

Also, it's interesting that if I turn off SelectEvery script and set ReClock's 'media adaptation mode' to be 'original speed' instead of "auto", the cadence is correct 3:2.  256 frames by 5 times.  although i thought "original speed" means 24fps is displayed at 24fps. roll

PC display can't work at 24 Hz mode smile 60 Hz is standard refresh rate for computer screen.

MAG79 wrote:

PC display can't work at 24 Hz mode smile 60 Hz is standard refresh rate for computer screen.

Ok, i see. but it looks "original speed" is better than "auto", as to the frame sequences.... neutral

49 (edited by swiths 08-05-2014 02:38:21)

MAG79 wrote:

by the way, do you know if it's ReClock or MadVR fills the frame sequences for my case? I'm wondering if I can look into the source code and see if any customization could be done.
I'm a little bit confused that ReClock is an audio render filter, but it also has video options. roll

but still need to find a way to ensure the 3:2 sequence is always accurate. sad  sad

50 (edited by swiths 09-05-2014 01:16:00)

I'm using ReClock + EVR + MPC-HC and the cadence seems to be pretty good, constantly correct for 20 ~ 60 seconds with glitches less than 1 second. But the strange thing is that with ReClock, I need to turn off this script otherwise the cadence is incorrect. it looks Reclock or the render already did the 3:2 cadence? roll