Topic: Problem with 120Hz. Refresh rate

I have an ASUS G750JX laptop which has an nIVDIA GeForce GTX 770m graphics chipset which I believe should be powerful enough for SVP

@ 60 Hz., everything is smooth as silk and the FPW is at a constant 59 FPS

but when I set my refresh rate to 120 Hz. (I have a 3D Screen) and even though Stereoscopic 3D is disabled in the nVIDIA Control Panel, when I play a movie, the FPS is not constant and keeps flipping between 120 FPS then after a few seconds it would drop down to 29 FPS then again up then down

I temporary solution I did was to set the Target Frame Rate to 24 > 60 FPS and that limits my FPS to go up to 70 FPS for example

still, I think this is not the way it should be done, anything you can suggest for my settings?

Re: Problem with 120Hz. Refresh rate

- madVR
- frame blending to refresh rate

Chainik
sorry but where to find that option? I've looked in the madVR settings but couldn't find it

MaXimus

1) madVR - rendering - smooth motion

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2979

2) SVP - Active profile settings - Blend frames to screen refresh rate

Both settings must be unchecked.

Post's attachments

madVR_smooth_motion.png, 11.56 kb, 776 x 486
madVR_smooth_motion.png 11.56 kb, 475 downloads since 2014-01-12 

Hmmm, actually, those are the default settings bro and they were unchecked. Anyway, with the latest nVIDIA Driver 332.21 the swapping between 120 FPS to 59 FPS decreased I need to monitor it a bit more the target frame rate at the moment is at its default which is to refresh rate which is 120 FPS much more than needed