1 (edited by TayyabKhalid 10-06-2016 12:06:59)

Topic: My FPS while using SVP 4 keep rising higher than 72fps. Please HELP!!

I have been having this issue so long now, and I have only ignored it, but after watching a anime which had crazy fights I noticed that it starts lagging since my shitty fps can't stay at 72fps and decided to jump over it and it even goes to crazy numbers like 100-200. Someone please help me solve this, so I can enjoy using SVP again. Only because of this I am unable to enjoy anything, and if I turn off SVP its like its lagging, since i've been so accustomed to using SVP i can't live with out it now! sad

I tried with both MP-HC even same result as with Potplayer (My main player).
Here is two picture corresponding to both players

Post's attachments

Capture.PNG 9.02 kb, 142 downloads since 2016-06-10 

Re: My FPS while using SVP 4 keep rising higher than 72fps. Please HELP!!

Here is for potplayer: http://imgur.com/GpJU59b

TayyabKhalid
I see. It is not normal. Please send us bug report just after you will see huge framerate again.
SVP tray menu - Information - Send problem report...

We will search what the problem in your logs.

MAG79 wrote:

TayyabKhalid
I see. It is not normal. Please send us bug report just after you will see huge framerate again.

I have sent the report. Can't wait for a reply back! smile

In the meantime, if you're using SVP Pro, try manually specifying "Movie x3" or "72 fps".

6 (edited by TayyabKhalid 11-06-2016 08:10:17)

Nintendo Maniac 64 wrote:

In the meantime, if you're using SVP Pro, try manually specifying "Movie x3" or "72 fps".

I have tried with both. Movie x3 is a lot smoother, but I still experience the huge frame rate as I do with stand alone 72fps sad

MAG79 wrote:

TayyabKhalid

Did you find any solution, or do you have something I can try meanwhile?

TayyabKhalid wrote:

I have tried with both. Movie x3 is a lot smoother, but I still experience the huge frame rate as I do with stand alone 72fps sad

Then the best thing to do would be to make a specific profile for 24fps where it's set to "Movie x3" and use the "frame rate" condition so that it'll only be used for 24fps videos (you may also want to include 25fps in the range if you use 75Hz for those).

9 (edited by TayyabKhalid 17-06-2016 19:04:26)

I have already reported but no reply, can someone please help me fix this stupid issue, where my FPS keeps rising even when I pause the video. It goes to ridiculous number like 100-300 and my video starts lagging and I am unable to enjoy the video I am watching. PLEASE HELP!! sad

I am using Potplayer with madVR and Reclock, but I have tested it on MP-HC, same results on both players.

Are you not using my work-around that I mentioned in your previous thread?
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 971#p59971

Or do you not know how to set something like that up and would like me to step you through it step by step?

11 (edited by TayyabKhalid 17-06-2016 20:31:00)

Are you not using my work-around that I mentioned in your previous thread?
http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic … 971#p59971

Or do you not know how to set something like that up and would like me to step you through it step by step?

I don't know if did it correctly but could you go through it step by step? Would appreciate it.

12 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 17-06-2016 22:28:41)

Well before I do that I need to know one thing - do you ever watch videos that have a source framerate other than 24fps / 23.976fps? (such as 20fps, 25fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps, etc.)

If you do, then what refresh rate does your display run at for those framerates?  Surely you don't use 72Hz for everything...right?

do you really think making more forum threads could help?

14 (edited by TayyabKhalid 18-06-2016 02:44:52)

Well before I do that I need to know one thing - do you ever watch videos that have a source framerate other than 24fps / 23.976fps? (such as 20fps, 25fps, 30fps, 50fps, 60fps, etc.)

If you do, then what refresh rate does your display run at for those framerates?  Surely you don't use 72Hz for everything...right?

I am running my monitor at 71.928Hz only the first one in which I watch the videos. I run 23(976)fps a lot, but sometime Its 2-3 fps more. Sometime I also run 24 and 25, and 30fps. Would appreciate if it where possible to set up for those frame rates too.

Chainik wrote:

do you really think making more forum threads could help?

I am sorry, was just a bit desperate since I have been having issue for more than two months or more.

16 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 18-06-2016 02:28:16)

TayyabKhalid wrote:

72.928Hz

Uhhh, surely this is a typo, right?  For 23.976fps you'd want to run at 71.928Hz...

TayyabKhalid wrote:

I also run 24 and 25, and 30fps

Do you use 72Hz for all of these frame rates?

17 (edited by TayyabKhalid 18-06-2016 02:45:23)

TayyabKhalid wrote:

72.928Hz

Uhhh, surely this is a typo, right?  For 23.976fps you'd want to run at 71.928Hz...

TayyabKhalid wrote:

I also run 24 and 25, and 30fps

Do you use 72Hz for all of these frame rates?

Yes! Since I dont have much clue at SVP at all lol. Is that bad, and might be the reason for rising fps?
Anyway I am going to bed, I hope you could help me. Would greatly appreciate it. Good night!
Also I meant 71.928 and not 72.928, it was a typo.

18 (edited by TayyabKhalid 18-06-2016 18:14:22)

Oops

19 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 18-06-2016 19:40:47)

I don't think it's the cause of the rising fps, but it's certainly not that great motion and artifact wise to use 72Hz for anything other than 24fps; this is because framerates like 25 and 30 are not at all exact multiples of 72.

OK, now that we've covered that, next question(s):

1. Does your display natively support 75Hz out-of-the-box?

If no, then...

2. Did your display natively support 72Hz out-of-the-box?

If no, then...

3. Did you have to make a custom resolution for 72Hz?

If yes, then...

4. Could you please make an additional custom resolution at 75.000Hz?

20 (edited by TayyabKhalid 18-06-2016 19:43:20)

I don't think it's the cause of the rising fps, but it's certainly not that great motion and artifact wise to use 72Hz for anything other than 24fps; this is because framerates like 25 and 30 are not at all exact multiples of 72.

OK, now that we've covered that, next question - does your display natively support 75Hz?  If not, then did your display natively support 72Hz out-of-the-box?  If it did not, then did you have to make a custom resolution for it?  If so, could you make an additional custom resolution specifically for 75.000Hz?

Not it does not support 75Hz natively, also I overclocked my monitor from 60Hz to 72Hz. After that I made a custom resolution and just changed to 72Hz and been using it now for awhile. Should I make one for 75Hz too?

21 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 18-06-2016 19:43:34)

D'oh!  You posted before I finished editing!  tongue

Basically if you could get a custom resolution for 75Hz as well, that'll help quite a bit because 24fps and 25fps are so close to one another that what works for one almost always works for the other.

Oh, while I'm at it, do you ever watch content with a native framerate of 48fps or 50fps?

D'oh!  You posted before I finished editing!  tongue

Basically if you could get a custom resolution for 75Hz as well, that'll help quite a bit because 24fps and 25fps are so close to one another that what works for one almost always works for the other.

Oh, while I'm at it, do you ever watch content with a native framerate of 48fps or 50fps?

Just like you said I made 75Hz custom resolution too, but I have set it to 72Hz. But I have the option to change to 75Hz if I want to.

Also I don't use 48 or 50 fps, but you never know when you might suddenly need it, if its not that rare then we can skip it, or if you want you could give the instruction for those frame rates too. Thank you very much! smile

23 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 18-06-2016 20:09:27)

TayyabKhalid wrote:

Also I don't use 48 or 50 fps, but you never know when you might suddenly need it, if its not that rare then we can skip it, or if you want you could give the instruction for those frame rates too. Thank you very much! smile

Well SVP doesn't even interpolate framerates above 47fps by default; I was just thinking that 50fps at 50Hz is actually smoother than 50fps at 75Hz when not using interpolation.  More info on all of this can be found here: http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=56025

Anyway, do you use MadVR at all?

Thing is, I regularly use MPC-HC and it has a built-in resolution changer so that you can do things like automatically use 72Hz for 24fps videos, 75Hz for 25fps videos, and 60Hz for 30fps videos.  However, from what I can tell, PotPlayer does not have such functionality and therefore you have to use MadVR (which is compatible with PotPlayer) in order to achieve this functionality.

24 (edited by TayyabKhalid 18-06-2016 20:16:57)

TayyabKhalid wrote:

Well SVP doesn't even interpolate framerates above 47fps by default; I was just thinking that 50fps at 50Hz is actually smoother than 50fps at 75Hz when not using interpolation.  More info on all of this can be found here: http://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=56025

Anyway, do you use MadVR at all?

Thing is, I regularly use MPC-HC and it has a built-in resolution changer so that you can do things like automatically use 72Hz for 24fps videos, 75Hz for 25fps videos, and 60Hz for 30fps videos.  However, from what I can tell, PotPlayer does not have such functionality and therefore you have to use MadVR (which is compatible with PotPlayer) in order to achieve this functionality.

Yeah! I use madVR on Potplayer alongside Reclock and LAV filters, if you are wondering that too smile
But I don't know how to set up that functionality inside madVR.

25 (edited by Nintendo Maniac 64 18-06-2016 20:39:01)

Ok good!

One more thing before we get to the MadVR part - do think you can make a custom resolution for 72.000Hz as well?  Also you might want to check and see if you've got resolutions for both 59.94Hz and 60.000Hz (if not, add whichever is missing).

Lastly, what is the actual screen resolution of your display, or at least what resolution (not refresh rate!) do you use for all of your video watching?