1 (edited by virtua 30-12-2012 19:05:32)

Topic: 2 instance FFdshow problem

hello people  smile

With the new pack 3.1.3,

1. i have two ffdshow instance in run  when i load a movie

2.the instance of ffdshow in work is not " ffdshow raw filter " in the older version is the raw version in run !

3.how is possible to add sharpen or upscale plugin avisynth over the svp scirpt ?

thank you
great job svp-team

Re: 2 instance FFdshow problem

remove the external filter in the mpc-hc options>external filters>ffdshow raw filter

ok thank you

Hi guys,

with the newest version SVP connects to the avisynth in FFdshow Video decoder and not to FFdshow Raw Video filter, is it wanted? If yes why? The only workaround I found (I already use Lav Video decoder and I do not want FFdshow Video decoder in the chain) is to call FFdshow Raw Video filter in MPCHC external filters and set "block" to FFdshow video filter. Any ideas? Thanks smile

AndreaMG
SVP uses first ffdShow filter in the chain. You can disable ffdShow decoder by turn off raw format at Codecs tab.

http://www.svp-team.com/forum/misc.php?item=2146

I think maybe SVP update will be needed soon. I missed this feature with two ffdShow. It is not critical but it raises questions.

Post's attachments

ffdShow_decoder_raw_disable.png, 19.56 kb, 568 x 479
ffdShow_decoder_raw_disable.png 19.56 kb, 644 downloads since 2012-12-31 

thank you !

MAG79 wrote:

AndreaMG
SVP uses first ffdShow filter in the chain. You can disable ffdShow decoder by turn off raw format at Codecs tab.

Thanks MAG! I didn't know that big_smile Thanks again for the new SVP release smile

MAG79 wrote:

AndreaMG

Hi Mag,
it works but FFdshow for some reason doesn't keep memory of the modification and next time you open MPCHC it gives two istances of FFdshow (Video decoder+raw) again sad

AndreaMG
I can leave one instance. What you think? What is better:
- ffdShow decoder? or
- ffdShow RAW filter?

AndreaMG wrote:

Raw filter I guess, because MPCHC has its own decoders and plus there is already an external decoder (LAV Video) which works wonderfully because of hardware acceleration, CUDA support, HW deinterlacing, etc., I also think FFdshow video decoder might conflict with or take over the above mentioned decoders smile

OK. If it will be not so hard I will post here QuickFix tomorrow.

MAG79 wrote:
AndreaMG wrote:

Raw filter I guess, because MPCHC has its own decoders and plus there is already an external decoder (LAV Video) which works wonderfully because of hardware acceleration, CUDA support, HW deinterlacing, etc., I also think FFdshow video decoder might conflict with or take over the above mentioned decoders smile

OK. If it will be not so hard I will post here QuickFix tomorrow.

Thanks MAG smile

OK. You not need the new version SVP.

To leave ffdShow RAW only you just need apply some settings:
1. In SVP tray menu: Information - Hidden settings - change value of setting forceRAWinDecoder to 0 - close and save.
2. Exit SVP-Manager.
3. Windows Start button menu - Programs - ffdShow - ffdShow decoder - Codecs tab - change Raw video value to disabled as it shown at picture above - OK.
4. Launch SVP-Manager.

Thanks MAG! It works! smile