1 (edited by Maken1 07-01-2021 15:09:24)

Topic: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

http://i.imgur.com/8isA0VA.jpg

Makens PotPlayer Guide

First steps you need to do
1- The necessary Apps and Hardware for complete this guide.
2- Installations.
3- Daum PotPlayer configurations.
4- Extras.

W.I.P.

Re: MakeN PotPlayer Guide - Not Dead Yet 2021 W.I.P.

Maken1 wrote:

thanks to this peoples for this amazing program

You are welcome!:)
Thank you for interest to SVP wink

Maken1 wrote:

I was testing the new SVP 3.0.4 and now i can use GPU Acceleration OpenCL without have insane cpu usage like before with the version 3.0.3

I am wonder because we did not tune up performance in 3.0.4, but only did some bug fixes.

Maken1 wrote:

Can someone explain me what really does the new EMERGENCY FRAMEDOUBLING ?

Yes. smile It is special mode that detect variable framerate (VFR) and switch to framedoubling (2x) when it is detected. Usual anime have VFR: title in one framerate, computer graphics in other, animation in another framerate. And all this in one file.
Framedoubling is the safe way to keep smoothness when framerate changed.
I have some samples with VFR if you want. wink

Maken1 wrote:

i want to share my new BEST results with the New SVP 3.0.4

Thank you for this cool

Have you tested your system by SVPMark yet?

3 (edited by Maken1 07-01-2021 15:07:37)

W.i.p   /  Reserved

4 (edited by Maken1 16-09-2011 17:39:08)

Test summary
-----------------------
  Date: 2011-09-16T13:04:32
  CPU:  Intel Core2 Duo E8500 @4168 MHz [2 threads]
  GPU:  NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250
  Mode: HD + GPU [5 threads]
  Comment: My first Run

Overall scores
-----------------------
  Synthetic CPU:                  MC647
  Synthetic GPU:                  MG944
  Real-life:                      HG1935

Details: synthetic
-----------------------
  CPU: compose (single-threaded): 539
  CPU: compose (multi-threaded):  1029
  CPU: search (single-threaded):  241
  CPU: search (multi-threaded):   472
  GPU: system -> GPU transfer:    1103
  GPU: GPU -> system transfer:    1010
  GPU: calculations:               460
  GPU: total score:               2835

Details: real-life /HD
-----------------------
  decode video:                   12.63x (303.1 fps)
  48 fps - vectors search:        0.88x (42.2 fps)
  60 fps - frame composition:     2.59x (155.3 fps)
  48 fps - [SVP] fastest:         4.50x (216.0 fps)
  48 fps - [SVP] simple 1:        3.09x (148.2 fps)
  60 fps - [SVP] good:            1.66x (99.5 fps)
  60 fps - [SVP] high:            1.26x (75.7 fps)
  60 fps - [SVP] highest:         0.66x (39.9 fps)
  72 fps - [SVP] simple 2:        2.72x (195.8 fps)

Synthetic CPU: MC647
Synthetic GPU: MC944
Real-Life: HG1935

Maken1
You can send your results to online database.
1) Settings - input forum login / forum pass - Check user
2) Run benchmark
3) write some comment - press "Share online"

Maken1
please tell us full name of your's motherboard

MAG79 wrote:

Maken1
You can send your results to online database.
1) Settings - input forum login / forum pass - Check user
2) Run benchmark
3) write some comment - press "Share online"

Hi, how are you?

Yeah Thanks i did big_smile

Rimsky wrote:

Maken1
please tell us full name of your's motherboard

EVGA Nvidia Nforce 790i SLI FTW Digital

9 (edited by Maken1 20-09-2011 07:27:31)

Ok i was testing the new SVP 3.0.4 and nvidia drivers 285.27 and i have nice results. I found the best setting for high quality!! video and smooth without much or noticeable artifacts, etc. With moderate cpu usage in my case.

The resolutions that i was testing was: 720p - 23.976 fps, 1080p - 29.97 fps, 1280x540 - 23.976 fps, 1280x544 - 23.976 fps, 1280x688 25 fps, 1280x536 - 23.976 fps, 1920x816 - 23.976 fps, 1920x800 - 23.976 fps and all of them was x264 mkv.
Btw when you make your movie , etc look very smooth it have more QUALITY than the standard quality that come with the content.. its like SplashPro when you activate ultra 1080p motion2 or something. Well i did my own config to rise up more the image quality. Peoples new like me with this SVP program try to test your system and settings to find the best to your tastes and PC power try with Tron movie its the best more at the start of the movie when you can see all those blue lines if you find the way to make those lines move smoothy without much or any stutter then the rest of ful 720p you watch will be the same big_smile very smooth with not noticeable artifacts.

I uploaded two images of my personal Image Quality Config + SVP constant ( not drop and stutter very smooth like a game at constant 60 fps ) 60 fps + Tron Bdrip x264 720p DTS MA .MKV @ 7mb/s bitrate

Post's attachments

Tron Legacy BluRay x264 720p DTS HD 1.jpg 132.41 kb, 564 downloads since 2011-09-20 

Tron Legacy BluRay x264 720p DTS HD 2.jpg 204.48 kb, 475 downloads since 2011-09-20 

Maken1 wrote:

Ok i was testing the new SVP 3.0.4 and nvidia drivers 285.27 and i have nice results. I found the best setting for high quality!! video and smooth without much or noticeable artifacts, etc. With moderate cpu usage in my case.

The resolutions that i was testing was: 720p - 23.976 fps, 1080p - 29.97 fps, 1280x540 - 23.976 fps, 1280x544 - 23.976 fps, 1280x688 25 fps, 1280x536 - 23.976 fps, 1920x816 - 23.976 fps, 1920x800 - 23.976 fps and all of them was x264 mkv.
Btw when you make your movie , etc look very smooth it have more QUALITY than the standard quality that come with the content.. its like SplashPro when you activate ultra 1080p motion2 or something. Well i did my own config to rise up more the image quality. Peoples new like me with this SVP program try to test your system and settings to find the best to your tastes and PC power try with Tron movie its the best more at the start of the movie when you can see all those blue lines if you find the way to make those lines move smoothy without much or any stutter then the rest of ful 720p you watch will be the same big_smile very smooth with not noticeable artifacts.

I uploaded two images of my personal Image Quality Config + SVP constant ( not drop and stutter very smooth like a game at constant 60 fps ) 60 fps + Tron Bdrip x264 720p DTS MA .MKV @ 7mb/s bitrate

I was wondering how to get ride of the artifacts from the begining. I tried with the settings artifact supression and all those opitons to the highest but when i do that i get stuttering but no artifacts. When i downgrade the artifacts option from sharp to normal and the other ones to normal i get less stuttering and less artifacts. i was wondering i f i could possible get rid of all artifacts and the stuttering? If its about the cpu power, i have a quad i7 2.8 and i was wondering if i should overclock it to over come those problem. And if the monitor is maybe one of the problem like input lagg wich i doubt. I will buy a dell  ultrasharp 2410 with 8-bit color processing.

Thankful for your help!
P.S Buy the why will any decoder matter? im using haili splitter

kriiiim wrote:
Maken1 wrote:

I was wondering how to get ride of the artifacts from the begining. I tried with the settings artifact supression and all those opitons to the highest but when i do that i get stuttering but no artifacts. When i downgrade the artifacts option from sharp to normal and the other ones to normal i get less stuttering and less artifacts. i was wondering i f i could possible get rid of all artifacts and the stuttering? If its about the cpu power, i have a quad i7 2.8 and i was wondering if i should overclock it to over come those problem. And if the monitor is maybe one of the problem like input lagg wich i doubt. I will buy a dell  ultrasharp 2410 with 8-bit color processing.

Thankful for your help!

Hi Kriiim, how are you? thanks man and i need you to post some images of your artifacts with a digital camera or X capture app and Pause the player at that moment and take it screenshots.
I dont have more artifacts in my HD content since changed the player, splitter, video renderer, codecs and configure them all manualy and perfectly to avoid conflicts and unstabilities or error while trying to play X files. I was ( i lost the count ) testing many combos likes player + codecs + splitters and bla bla to find the best but it was always a big problem like: with one all ok but when playback ful HD 1080p .PS or .TS files then i got insane performance drop or without that even with the cpu at 50% of usage for example then i got stutters :S or in other cases not much stutter but then artifacts only with that Files in it X time or minutes not matter what i do if i change internal codecs to external or set another renderer ( example very old kmplayers versions + EVR CP + Haali + CoreAVC old versions and more ).
After all this time and all that matter i found the best combination of player / codecs / renderer / image quality / performance / NO big_smile artifacts / insane sound quality (L). My problem was not like your sad not about artifacts..it was about stutter and very high cpu usages with AviSynth scripts for smoothing but now with this SVP big_smile all changed!!! for good i can say.

I recommend you for compatibility / image quality / 90/99% zero artifacts while playing + this amazing SVP:
1- Lastest POTPLAYER
2- Lastest Cole2K Media codecs
3- Lastest CoreAVC ( if you have nvidia video card much better for use CUDA )
4- Lastest FFDSHOW
5- Lastest Haali Splitter ( not install that one that come with CoreAVC i prefer to install it apart and config it manual )
6- Lastest AC3Filter and AC3File
7- Lastest LAV Splitters
8- If you have nvidia video card then i recommend you this driver 285.27
9- Lastest SVP ( support this ppl if you can coz they re making a great work )

Apart of that i need you to show us images of your artifacts and copy all the info of that media files here for some pro from here can help you and the rest of us in the case if there is something wrong with it.

Thanks man and greetings.

Ok i was testing two Hi10p x264 HD files + SVP v3.0.4 and it was good and bad.
1- The good is that with my config + svp and 720p Hi10p x264 at 3Mb/s bitrate max cpu usage was 81/93 % with not Cuda acceleration of course because CoreAVC with Cuda Enable does not support acceleration for Hi10p HD files, all will be depending of CPU.
2- The bad is that with 1080p Hi10p x264 at 10Mb/s bitatre + my personal SVP config its impossible for me with my actual cpu sad to can handle it with smoothing cpu goes all the time 100 % usage then SVPs OSD tell me that performance drop then i got stutters and framedrops and so but ppl with quad cores will be fine!!!! big_smile. My problem is that not Cuda sad for Hi10p.

Again all was tested on this pc specs:

C2D E8500 Overclocked 4.17Ghz
4GB DDR3 1775 Mhz 7-7-7-21-T2
2x Nvidia Geforce GTS 250 1GB in SLI Overclocked to 800
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

13 (edited by Rimsky 21-09-2011 04:18:06)

Maken1 fill the profile one time and you don't need to write it in each post
M/b model is important too becouse in PCI-E ver2 shows speed up to 50% in comparision with PCI-E ver1

Ok man and its PCI-E Ver2.0 16x and again the motherboard is: evga 132-YW-E180-FTW

Greetings

I know it, I search your's m/b when you written first time
look at my profile and fill your's by example, please

ok man its done smile

Maken1 wrote:
kriiiim wrote:
Maken1 wrote:

Thankful for your help!

Hi Kriiim, how are you? thanks man and i need you to post some images of your artifacts with a digital camera or X capture app and Pause the player at that moment and take it screenshots.
I dont have more artifacts in my HD content since changed the player, splitter, video renderer, codecs and configure them all manualy and perfectly to avoid conflicts and unstabilities or error while trying to play X files. I was ( i lost the count ) testing many combos likes player + codecs + splitters and bla bla to find the best but it was always a big problem like: with one all ok but when playback ful HD 1080p .PS or .TS files then i got insane performance drop or without that even with the cpu at 50% of usage for example then i got stutters :S or in other cases not much stutter but then artifacts only with that Files in it X time or minutes not matter what i do if i change internal codecs to external or set another renderer ( example very old kmplayers versions + EVR CP + Haali + CoreAVC old versions and more ).
After all this time and all that matter i found the best combination of player / codecs / renderer / image quality / performance / NO big_smile artifacts / insane sound quality (L). My problem was not like your sad not about artifacts..it was about stutter and very high cpu usages with AviSynth scripts for smoothing but now with this SVP big_smile all changed!!! for good i can say.

I recommend you for compatibility / image quality / 90/99% zero artifacts while playing + this amazing SVP:
1- Lastest POTPLAYER
2- Lastest Cole2K Media codecs
3- Lastest CoreAVC ( if you have nvidia video card much better for use CUDA )
4- Lastest FFDSHOW
5- Lastest Haali Splitter ( not install that one that come with CoreAVC i prefer to install it apart and config it manual )
6- Lastest AC3Filter and AC3File
7- Lastest LAV Splitters
8- If you have nvidia video card then i recommend you this driver 285.27
9- Lastest SVP ( support this ppl if you can coz they re making a great work )

Apart of that i need you to show us images of your artifacts and copy all the info of that media files here for some pro from here can help you and the rest of us in the case if there is something wrong with it.

Thanks man and greetings.

Hi im feeling great  smile  How about you?  smile
Thank you man  big_smile  I will as soon as i have time at home i will do exactly as you recommended big_smile

Maken1 wrote:

ok man its done smile

Hi Maken1 how you doing? smile i downloaded everything you said to me but now i wonder wich filters should i use to get the best performance?
Thx <3

kriiiim
Hey Kriin how you been man? sorry i was with problems with my crap network sad. I reformated my pc and now everything is much better i have better results than before but sorry for the offtopic and this is for the MODERATORS: can i use other avisynth for SVP ? i found one more updated and tweaked than svp use. I was testing it and it saved me some cpu spikes and usages.

Thanks greetings to all. Im still making a guide.

Maken1 wrote:

can i use other avisynth for SVP ?

Yes. You can smile
Just install it. If after SVP starts it be raplaced then replace manually avisynth.dll in SVP\Distr\MT\ folder and restart SVP.
We do not garantee that SVP compatible with your avisynth wink

MAG79
Hey MAG79, how are you?
Yeah thanks now working.. im watching some vids and movies to test and till now everything ok and idk but my cpus spikes are not much as before. Im using one avisynth from avisynth v2.6 MT  http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=148782

Btw im using the lite version of SVP and the rest i installed manual i mean the ffdshow and avisynth but do i need to download and install manualy this:

Source codes of GPL'ed modules can be downloaded here:

AviSynth 2.5.8 (modified for SVP)

MVTools 2.5.11.1 (modified for SVP)

MaskTools 2.0a48

AddGrain 1.5

I didnt install them but if i searh the SVPs folder i see some of them but it dont have all files than the others have when you donwload separately.

and is this obligatory or necessary: ReClock 1.8.7.7    ??

You guys are planning to releas another SVP ?

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

Mak

Hello, Mak.

Maken1 wrote:

do i need to download and install manualy this

No. It is not necessary to download all components of SVP full.
- source codes links are for developers due to licensing rules, the end user does not need them to use SVP;
- ReClock 1.8.7.7 is optional component of SVP. It will be needed when you facing with some jerkiness of picture. See ReClock documentation for details.

Maken1 wrote:

You guys are planning to releas another SVP ?

Yes. SVP 3.1 will be released next two months. But it is top secret wink

Thank you for the link to avisynth 2.6. I will check it for speed up with SVP.

MAG79
Hmmm ok thanks good to know!!! big_smile.
About ReClock i was reading that its for PAL DVDs especialy? im NTSC i mean all my HD content are less than 25 fps not PAL here. All this time i was using the SVP without it but im wondering if it could give me more performance.. hmmm btw can you provide me a guide about it only for SVP ?

Nice SVP 3.1 big_smile you guys doing a great job there ah? big_smile

I want to share some experiencies:

1- I noticed that not always your Custom Profiles for your HD Content not work with the same graphic drivers. With X one the cpu usage is not much so you gain a great performance y resourses for use other filters to make X HD content less jerky and more smooth but with others drivers is not the same you have very much CPU Usage even with 480p movies using the default factory settings that come with SVP then you have to Disable for example GPU Acceleration to save some CPU resourses and you can use some filters for your Custom Profiles. I mean for example using cuda + dxva + svp GPU accele enable + portplayer or mediaplayer hd hc + X graphic driver + X custom config + ffdshow shaders you got X result like good or bad then if you update your video drivers with X version then you got X result like good or bad but not always the same as before. Because of that you have to re-config all over again to have the good or same performance as before, re-change or re-config things like: DISABLE GPU ACCELE or Change your Video Renderles or downgrade the Smoothness Improvement to Normal or use Advanced but then change the SVP-Shader to Normal then the problem with that it would be not the same then problems with jerky playback with fast scenes and etc etc etc.

2-With Nvidia Drivers 285.27 x64 on my pc ( check my profile ) + svp with gpu accele enable and using Advanced with 23.Complex and some high settings for the best quality and motion + potplayer + ffdshow + cuda my cpu usage was very good and moderated and of my two GPU the second GPU was more in use like 54% and the other 2%. I was able to using high settings and filters in my custom profiles with 1920x816 and 1080p but i reformated yesterday ( im happy my windows is very faster more than before i espen 3 hours of deep manual config ), installed the new beta nvidia drivers for battlefield 3 and some others 285.38 x64 and now is doom XD everything running so bad with insane cpu usage it dont let me using my other stable custom profiles. I have to disable GPU Accele to can save some cpu resourses and try new custom profiles :S and my results are not the same as before :S . The usage of my GPUs now are low and both almost the same and not like before that it was more one GPU more in use than the other ( i dont know if that is good or not ).
Other thing about this drivers 285.38 ( happen for me idk if is the same for some others ) is that before i find this SVP i was using the same that im using now to watch my hd movies ( without svp ) with film style big_smile like many ppl does so everytime i playback for example this 1920x1080 x264 at +15MB/s Video Bitrate with DTS + using some custom shaders to enhanced the image quality my cpu usage never passed of 28/36 % ok but when i did the same with this driver nvidia 285.38 x64 the cpu usage was almost ZERO O_O what the..... XD its not bad is good is like when you watch 1080p .TS ,etc on windows media player of your windows 7 and it use DXVA your cpu usage is very very slow when you play Any video format on Windows Media Player of windows 7. For example lets take this:

X:\X\Videos\hd_other_pioneer_kuro_best_i.m2ts
  General #1
    ID : 1 (0x1)
    Complete name : X:\X\Videos\hd_other_pioneer_kuro_best_i.m2ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 695 MiB
    Duration : 10mn 53s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 8 919 Kbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps
  Video #4113
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 8 215 Kbps
    Maximum bit rate : 25.0 Mbps
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 29.970 fps
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.132
    Stream size : 647 MiB (93%)
    Writing library : x264 core 66 r1114M a933a3e
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=umh / subme=7 / psy_rd=1.0:0.0 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=8215 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / vbv_maxrate=25000 / vbv_bufsize=25000 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30 / aq=1:1.00
  Audio #4352
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AC-3
    Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
    Mode extension : CM (complete main)
    Codec ID : 129
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 256 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 19.9 MiB (3%)

IF you play this on Windows Media Player of Windows 7 with it internal DXVA enable your cpu usage could be almost Zero or like 1/5% and that happen with me. If i try this with PotPlayer + etc , etc, etc the cpu usage average was 28/36 % even using Cuda ( if disable Cuda then it pass of 60 % of my cpu ). All of this without SVP and using X nvidia graphic driver. Now i play that AGAIN with PotPlayer + etc etc etc + without SVP + nvidia graphic drivers 285.38 x64 and IS THE SAME O_O as WMP of Windows 7 and its great!!! this drivers have some improvements for me with DXVA big_smile but once i use SVP with it OMG! sad almost impossible to playback for me using my stable custom profiles. I have to Disable GPU Accele because if i enable it with these drivers cpu usage is insane then jerky playback, framedrops and you kknow the rest. The usage of my GPUs are low and almost the same and not like before that was one GPU more in use than the Other.

Im thinking in uninstall this drivers and rollback to nvidia drivers 285.27 x64 because it was very stable and good for me before reformat. I think i did not screwed my new windows compared with previous instalation? ( i not reformat since January of this year and im using the same windows 7 with this new reformat  with the same config, codecs, apps, etc only new updated versions of course ) this is almost the same windows 7 that was before the reformat.. this is just using that new nvidia drivers so hmmm i dont know what could be exactly but i will try to find out.

Well sorry for the long and greetings to all smile

Mak

Ok confirmed.. NVIDIA GRAPHIC DRIVERS 285.27 x64 is the BEST! for SVP v3.0.4 till now and for those ones with dual cores and nvidia video cards smile. I have which settings work best for this one and 285.38 x64 ( this one recommended for Quad Cores only )

Main post updated