Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

RickyAstle98 wrote:

This is how issue look like (video is predelayed for showcase purposes) >
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tGmkW6 … ojEPp/view

I don't see anything even after slowing it down. What am I supposed to see?

1,452 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 12:31:06)

dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

Video is predelayed for showcase purposes, this means you might see the issue as it look like, not RIFE related! Look at the car, its going reverse and forwards, thats how it looks like with newer models for me, its not rendered video!
I cant post prerendered video only because its a realtime playback bug, plz understand me! Thats propably MPV player issue, different codecs - different behavior!

dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
Insindro wrote:

In your opinions, which rife model is currently the smoothest?

4.4 smoothest (for me)

For me they are all about as smooth as each other but 4.15 and 4.15 lite have by far the least artefacts. 4.15 lite is the best all round.

Hi, for me its about the same as dawkinscm, best models so far 4.15 branch. I use the 4.15 V2 the only artefact left its tiny fast moving objects in some cases doubling the image

RickyAstle98 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

Video is predelayed for showcase purposes, this means you might see the issue as it look like, not RIFE related! Look at the car, its going reverse and forwards, thats how it looks like with newer models for me, its not rendered video!
I cant post prerendered video only because its a realtime playback bug, plz understand me! Thats propably MPV player issue, different codecs - different behavior!

I understand exacly what you ment, do you give a video example to test where this happened to you

1,454 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 18:51:54)

RickyAstle98 wrote:

You didnt understand my post, its only realtime playback bug, the models are normal, just a MPV bug, which I can fix just reencode source files! Thats because I dont give rendered example, models frame handling broken only with realtime playback! Anyway I found a fix, maybe someone facing this bug, just reencode files, voila! And how strange its sounds, I record realtime playback, and there I didnt see issue, thats why I dont give examples, even recording ontop!

So maybe I also misunderstood. I thought the video would show the artefacts but I see none. Are you saying that I have to play the clip on PC using Rife?

1,456 (edited by flowreen91 11-04-2024 18:52:52)

RickyAstle98 wrote:

just reencode files, voila!

Please attach a 1 minute of the badly encoded video and 1 minute of the fixed encoded video for future reference.
That way we can compare the differences in how RIFE runs on our system. Thanks!
The car moving backwards is funny as hell. xD

RickyAstle98 wrote:

How to trim source bad encoded video without reencoding? tongue

Nevermind, link the full version for that one then.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

you can upload your entire rife folder from SVP package

We can safely assume average user has the default out-of-the-box SVP installed. Easier to get it by doing a fresh install.
Provide the devs a badly encoded video and they should be able to find the code to fix it. No need for you to keep investigating it.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

2) No you can play clip on anything

Well if the devs could have reproduced it on anything then they would have fixed it already >_>

1,457 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 18:47:49)

1,458 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 18:48:00)

1,459 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 18:48:17)

1,460 (edited by RickyAstle98 11-04-2024 18:53:38)

dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

You didnt understand my post, its only realtime playback bug, the models are normal, just a MPV bug, which I can fix just reencode source files! Thats because I dont give rendered example, models frame handling broken only with realtime playback! Anyway I found a fix, maybe someone facing this bug, just reencode files, voila! And how strange its sounds, I record realtime playback, and there I didnt see issue, thats why I dont give examples, even recording ontop!

So maybe I also misunderstood. I thought the video would show the artefacts but I see none. Are you saying that I have to play the clip on PC using Rife?

1) Shared video isnt test video
2) No you can play clip on anything
3) This video showing exactly how issue looks like
4) Nevermind

1,461 (edited by dawkinscm 12-04-2024 04:43:47)

Now that I'm back on TRT8.5.1 I am able to run Rife v4.15v2 at 72fps which uses about 75-90% GPU. The lite version uses about 60-80% GPU. For me I suppose that it goes without saying that:

4.15v2/72 > 4.15v2 lite/72 > 4.15v2/60 > 4.15v2/60 lite > everything else.

dawkinscm wrote:

Now that I'm back on TRT8.5.1 I am able to run Rife v4.15v2 at 72fps which uses about 75-90% GPU. The lite version uses about 60-80% GPU. For me I suppose that it goes without saying that:

FHD or 4K?

1,463 (edited by dawkinscm 12-04-2024 14:02:17)

RickyAstle98 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

FHD or 4K?

Higher than FHD but definitely not 4k. At FHD I can run a little higher at 75fps.

BTW After more testing with the default TRT 8.5.1, Rife v4.16 lite and v4.15 lite are almost identical. Rife v4.15 is slightly better than both. I don't know about anyone else but for me, it looks like I should have stuck with the default TRT.

dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

FHD or 4K?

Higher than FHD but definitely not 4k. At FHD I can run a little higher at 75fps.

BTW After more testing with the default TRT 8.5.1, Rife v4.16 lite and v4.15 lite are almost identical. Rife v4.15 is slightly better than both. I don't know about anyone else but for me, it looks like I should have stuck with the default TRT.

I am exactly at your numbers even using TRT 9.2.

I was always  curious why the devs never updated the TRT Version if there its a reason not to.

Drakko01 wrote:

I was always  curious why the devs never updated the TRT Version if there its a reason not to.

there are compatible issues, like crashes on seek, or performance degradation. trt 9.2 seems stable though, I haven't heard any problems with it

I cant get v2 models to run can someone send me there working rife 4.15 folder

1,467 (edited by RickyAstle98 13-04-2024 07:38:50)

Here!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v4C-_N … sp=sharing

1,468 (edited by dawkinscm 13-04-2024 14:07:07)

Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

FHD or 4K?

It's not stable. When you you are at my numbers with TRT 9.2, are you running large files that have 2x the vertical resolution of a FHD file at 72fps on v4.15?

1,469 (edited by dawkinscm 13-04-2024 15:30:55)

I downloaded the latest version of MPC-BE today and I realised a few things. Firstly, for users with lower spec GPUs, MPC is the best choice over MPV because MPV is basically MPC+MadVR. If you want to add MadVR then MPV is more efficient and uses less resources.

The other thing I realised is that if you play a video file with HD audio connected to an external amp it uses about 20% more GPU. Using the GPU makes sense, I just didn't realise how much GPU is potentially used.

dawkinscm wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

It's not stable. When you you are at my numbers with TRT 9.2, are you running large files that have 2x the vertical resolution of a FHD file at 72fps on v4.15?

Maybe i I didn't understood what resolution do you use, but you statement was a little vague...

Generally I play 4k sources downscale to 1920*800 by svp and upscale to 2560*1440 with madvr.

1,471 (edited by dawkinscm 13-04-2024 19:04:45)

Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
Drakko01 wrote:

Maybe i I didn't understood what resolution do you use, but you statement was a little vague...

Generally I play 4k sources downscale to 1920*800 by svp and upscale to 2560*1440 with madvr.

That makes sense. Especially since mpv works much better than MPC+MadVR for SVP+Rife. Today I tried MPC+MadVR with a simpler config and it still couldn't handle my full resolution rips using Rife. However saying all that I'm also happy running my files reduced to FHD since it uses around 40% less GPU with Rife v4.15v2.

dawkinscm wrote:

Today I tried MPC+MadVR with a simpler config and it still couldn't handle my full resolution rips using Rife. However saying all that I'm also happy running my files reduced to FHD since it uses around 40% less GPU with Rife v4.15v2.

I've been using RIFE since it became available and I never thought it could improve this much. BTW which is the full resolution of your rips and wich resolution its your display

mpc-BE + mpc-VR (RTX HDR + RTX SuperRes) + SVP RIFE give you the best experience and easy to config.

also for mpv I found this is a good shader for anime/real-life videos https://github.com/cunnyplapper/CuNNy/t … r/mpv/fp16

aloola wrote:

mpc-BE + mpc-VR (RTX HDR + RTX SuperRes) + SVP RIFE give you the best experience and easy to config.

also for mpv I found this is a good shader for anime/real-life videos https://github.com/cunnyplapper/CuNNy/t … r/mpv/fp16

Any possibility to RTX SR into mpv?

Drakko01 wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Today I tried MPC+MadVR with a simpler config and it still couldn't handle my full resolution rips using Rife. However saying all that I'm also happy running my files reduced to FHD since it uses around 40% less GPU with Rife v4.15v2.

I've been using RIFE since it became available and I never thought it could improve this much. BTW which is the full resolution of your rips and wich resolution its your display

1920x2160.