1,376 (edited by aloola 29-03-2024 17:35:51)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

unreality wrote:

Hello everyone,

I would like to play back 50 Hz with MPV (implemented in SVP) because my i9 14900 with DDR5 6200 and RTX 4090 probably can't play 2.5 speed at 4K. So I have to play back at 2x (48p) but the TV does 50hz. is there a possibility? Can't you fix something at MPV?

you should stop at 24x2 48

50fps, 60fps = cost the same power as 24x3

1,377 (edited by unreality 29-03-2024 18:06:17)

Hello, I actually noticed that too, fixed 50fps doesn't run at all... very jerky! If I should use 2x24, i.e. 48p, then I will have to endure jerking every time the camera pans?

Is there no solution for this?

1,378 (edited by flowreen91 29-03-2024 18:27:47)

unreality wrote:

As aloola said, the GPU doesn't have enough power yet for 24x3
We can only bypass it by reducing how many pixels we send to RIFE by using a resize setting lower than 4K resolution:
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 264#p84264

1,379 (edited by aloola 29-03-2024 18:36:57)

unreality wrote:

Hello, I actually noticed that too, fixed 50fps doesn't run at all... very jerky! If I should use 2x24, i.e. 48p, then I will have to endure jerking every time the camera pans?

you can try the mpv options
video-sync=display-resample
interpolation=yes

# Force video to lock on the display's refresh rate, and change video and audio
# speed to some degree to ensure synchronous playback - can cause problems
# with some drivers and desktop environments.

you don't need this if your monitor support VRR/G-sync

Unfortunately it doesn't work either. I would be satisfied if I could lower the 4K (3080x2160p) resolution a bit. but how do I do that? I set SVP resize to 19201080, but it doesn't do that?

1,381 (edited by RickyAstle98 30-03-2024 19:41:53)

unreality wrote:

Unfortunately it doesn't work either. I would be satisfied if I could lower the 4K (3080x2160p) resolution a bit. but how do I do that? I set SVP resize to 19201080, but it doesn't do that?

Frame resize -192001080

Post's attachments

изображение_2024-03-31_004145189.png, 3.42 kb, 344 x 116
изображение_2024-03-31_004145189.png 3.42 kb, 22 downloads since 2024-03-30 

Does this showing up in the command line mean I need to change something?

"Your ONNX model has been generated with INT64 weights, while TensorRT does not natively support INT64. Attempting to cast down to INT32."

1,383 (edited by flowreen91 30-03-2024 21:55:00)

SHTH34D wrote:

TensorRT does not natively support INT64. Attempting to cast down to INT32

Probably just some information of what it's trying to do, that we have no control off.
Just ignore it, as long as it works.

SHTH34D wrote:

Does this showing up in the command line mean I need to change something?

"Your ONNX model has been generated with INT64 weights, while TensorRT does not natively support INT64. Attempting to cast down to INT32."

Yep just ignore it. Internal stuff.

Tried 4.16 V2 Lite with the new MPV update a few days ago and it looks like the fast movement interference artifacts are almost gone now.

Xenocyde wrote:

Tried 4.16 V2 Lite with the new MPV update a few days ago and it looks like the fast movement interference artifacts are almost gone now.

I noticed there is only a 'Lite' version available for 4.16. Does anyone know if that's how things will be from now on, just 'Lite' versions?

What does Lite even mean in practice?

1,387 (edited by dawkinscm 31-03-2024 13:06:05)

Xenocyde wrote:

I don't know about Anime but for live action both versions of 4.15 are much better for fast movement artefacts. Also mpv has nothing to do with Rife AI generated artefacts because they are "AI generated" artefacts.

scb wrote:

I noticed there is only a 'Lite' version available for 4.16. Does anyone know if that's how things will be from now on, just 'Lite' versions?

They were planning to use the "lite" from now starting from v4.16. But v4.15 is much better so that might have been a miscommunication. Either way it looks like they want to start using "lite" models.

scb wrote:

What does Lite even mean in practice?

With the exception of 4.14 lite, they use less GPU resources than the non "lite" models.

1,388 (edited by Xenocyde 31-03-2024 15:09:08)

dawkinscm wrote:

I don't know about Anime but for live action both versions of 4.15 are much better for fast movement artefacts. Also mpv has nothing to do with Rife AI generated artefacts because they are "AI generated" artefacts.

I'm testing with live action, never tested anime. I have a specific scene from a BBC documentary abut the 1990 football cup in Italy where the camera pans from right to left and the football net usually shows interference artifacts. This scene looks a bit better on 4.16 V2 Lite compared to 4.15 V2.

1,389 (edited by dawkinscm 31-03-2024 15:21:32)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

I'm testing with live action, never tested anime. I have a specific scene from a BBC documentary abut the 1990 football cup in Italy where the camera pans from right to left and the football net usually shows interference artifacts. This scene looks a bit better on 4.16 V2 Lite compared to 4.15 V2.

Fair enough. All the fast motion artefacts I see are improved with v4.15 but left untouched by v4.16. Can you could post a clip? It might be useful to  add it to my test collection.

1,390 (edited by Xenocyde 02-04-2024 11:21:56)

dawkinscm wrote:

Fair enough. All the fast motion artefacts I see are improved with v4.15 but left untouched by v4.16. Can you could post a clip? It might be useful to  add it to my test collection.

Here it is.

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Here it is.

Thanks but it says I need to request access.

dawkinscm wrote:

Try this.

1,393 (edited by dawkinscm 02-04-2024 22:01:08)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Try this.

Thanks for this. I had a look with Rife v4.15 v2 lite and even slowed it down to make sure. I saw no fast movement artefacts when panning or anything else.

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

Here it is.

Same as Dawkinscm no artefacts in this clip.

1,395 (edited by Xenocyde 03-04-2024 10:46:34)

How do you guys activate Rife in a short clip like that one I linked above? I play the clip but Rife does not activate. I have the long clip of 47 minutes, and I can see more interference artifacts in the goal net on 4.15 V2 towards the left bottom side. Those artifacts are barely visible on 4.16 V2 Lite.

1,396 (edited by dawkinscm 03-04-2024 11:46:47)

Xenocyde wrote:

How do you guys activate Rife in a short clip like that one I linked above? I play the clip but Rife does not activate. I have the long clip of 47 minutes, and I can see more interference artifacts in the goal net on 4.15 V2 towards the left bottom side. Those artifacts are barely visible on 4.16 V2 Lite.

As you have found, only clips above a certain duration will cause SVP to trigger. When I had this issue some time back, I found the setting for the video duration threshold and I think I set it to zero which means SVP will run on any length of video clip. I can't remember if it's code or an actual SVP setting because it's not in the SVP manual.

dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

As you have found, only clips above a certain duration will cause SVP to trigger. When I had this issue some time back, I found the setting for the video duration threshold and I think I set it to zero which means SVP will run on any length of video clip. I can't remember if it's code or an actual SVP setting because it's not in the SVP manual.

Welp, if anyone knows how to reduce that threshold to 0, please let me know.

1,398 (edited by dawkinscm 03-04-2024 12:24:08)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

Welp, if anyone knows how to reduce that threshold to 0, please let me know.

OK found it. In the settings it's under setup and it's called min_duration.

1,399 (edited by Xenocyde 03-04-2024 20:29:04)

dawkinscm wrote:

OK found it. In the settings it's under setup and it's called min_duration.

Nice, thank you! Do you guys test with pre-rendered RIFE or real-time RIFE rendering. I know pre-rendered can yield better results, but I only tested this with a 40-minute video in early 2023, can't remember what RIFE version we had back then. Stopped testing stuff like that because pre-rendering took a few hours.

I only test with real-time now and I can see more interference artifacts with 4.15 V2 on the bottom left side of the net. Interestingly enough, the short clip is yielding different results on 4.16 V2 Lite. The long clip shows faint artifacts on the bottom left side of the net, but the short clip shows no artifacts in that area, although I can see faint artifacts on the right side of the net now.

1,400 (edited by dawkinscm 03-04-2024 14:31:27)

Xenocyde wrote:

Nice, thank you! Do you guys test with pre-rendered RIFE or real-time RIFE rendering.

I've never even tried pre-rendered Rife. Real time Rife ALWAYS!

Xenocyde wrote:

Interestingly enough, the short clip is yielding different results on 4.16 V2 Lite. The long clip shows faint artifacts on the bottom left side of the net, but the short clip shows no artifacts in that area, although I can see faint artifacts on the right side of the net now.

Maybe try a longer clip of 20 seconds or so?