Topic: HDR10Plus support

Good day!

I'm currently using SVP for 1080p playback at 60FPS (with potplayer), and looking for an upgrade to 4K with HDR10+ or Dolby Vision support.
Does SVP work fine with HDR10+ (i can't find any mentions on the forum)?
I see that Dolby Vision support is unavailable with RIFE, is that still true? Does HDR10+ work with RIFE?

Is RIFE required for 4k60fps? Or is it just better quality than regular svp?

Thanks!

Re: HDR10Plus support

OlegYch wrote:

I see that Dolby Vision support is unavailable with RIFE, is that still true? Does HDR10+ work with RIFE?

Yes, Dolby Vision still has flickering issues with RIFE. HDR 10 and 10+ both work fine for me. There is no visible difference between them when watching on my OLED display using MPV and my configuration setting. So don't worry about no DV support too much.

OlegYch wrote:

Is RIFE required for 4k60fps?

My RTX 3090 can barely do 2x video, so 48FPS at 100% GPU usage

So unless you're getting an RTX 4090, don't expect to do 4K at 60FPS or higher (not sure if the 4080 Super can or not, but you can ask in the RIFE thread).

OlegYch wrote:

Or is it just better quality than regular svp?

Significantly better quality preservation, likes miles ahead of anything else. RIFE is a game changer.

---

The first time you run a different aspect ratio video with any GPU driver update it will take time to build RIFE Cache that takes a while to build, this only happens the first time you run a new aspect ratio though, after that videos play instantly with the same aspect ratio on the same driver versions.

Thanks, Blackfyre

"HDR 10 and 10+ both work fine for me. There is no visible difference between them" - that sounds unfortunate... What's your display model? Could it be that RIFE actually doesn't really support HDR10+ ?

OlegYch wrote:

Thanks, Blackfyre

"HDR 10 and 10+ both work fine for me. There is no visible difference between them" - that sounds unfortunate... What's your display model? Could it be that RIFE actually doesn't really support HDR10+ ?

To be clear with this regard, I meant HDR10+ vs Dolby Vision. Whenever I have tested content, there is no difference between them, at least on my calibrated LG C2 and my configuration for MPV. They both look absolutely amazing.

HDR 10 is of course slightly inferior, but with HDR Compute Peak enabled for MPV, it performs pretty well too.

hm, looks like C2 doesn't support HDR10+ though https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/lg/c2-oled