1 (edited by fabian5003 19-02-2024 13:47:24)

Topic: Video freezes when choosing RIFE AI Engine profile

Hello everyone,

I'm using SVP with a license, and it works great for the most part, however I am having issues when choosing the RIFE AI profile. I have a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB. However I can't get this to work. Whenever I choose this profile, a command windows pops, and starts logging data, the video immediately freezes, after 5 minutes or so, it starts playing in 2-second chunks, then it freezes 1 second, and then plays another 2-second chuck. I don't know what to do here. This is a 1.3 GB MP4 file, it should be such a burden to reproduce.  I appreciate your advice.

Post's attachments

Profile.png, 249.31 kb, 821 x 736
Profile.png 249.31 kb, 23 downloads since 2024-02-19 

Re: Video freezes when choosing RIFE AI Engine profile

meaning 3060 is too slow for what you want from it

How did you get vapoursynth to work?

4 (edited by flowreen91 19-02-2024 18:30:47)

fabian5003 wrote:

I don't know what to do here.

Fabian try to play around with the resize setting until it works for your system:
https://gyazo.com/d2a3529fe06e8d5de601c7e64f99ca4e
https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/Manual:All_settings
And please tell us at what value it plays smoothly for u

5 (edited by issusi 20-02-2024 10:58:53)

Change the last setting, "Duplicate frames removal" to "Do not remove" and try playing it.

I had a similar experience.

6 (edited by flowreen91 20-02-2024 18:29:27)

issusi wrote:

Change the last setting, "Duplicate frames removal" to "Do not remove" and try playing it.

I had a similar experience.

You're right! It significantly impacts the performance. I wonder why this option is even available, as it could easily confuse newcomers who might accidentally activate it.

Thank you, issusi. Of course it is BIG mistake to use Remove every other frames value with common videos. It is very special setting for special cases.