Topic: [SPAM] MPV Rife 2 Performance Issue?

While employing MPV with Rife 2, I've noticed seamless performance, yet I'm unaware of regularly dropping "output" frames. Despite my GPU hovering around 80%, the root cause eludes me. Moreover, I stumbled upon the "ffdshow" parameter under Advanced Settings, which is currently set to "true". Is this configuration accurate?

2 (edited by dawkinscm 01-02-2024 12:30:01)

Re: [SPAM] MPV Rife 2 Performance Issue?

KanitkarRana wrote:

While employing MPV with Rife 2, I've noticed seamless performance, yet I'm unaware of regularly dropping "output" frames. Despite my GPU hovering around 80%, the root cause eludes me. Moreover, I stumbled upon the "ffdshow" parameter under Advanced Settings, which is currently set to "true". Is this configuration accurate?

I've asked the ffdshow question myself a long time ago. I don't remember getting an answer so I just set it to false. With mpv there could be a number of reasons for frame drops including a bug in the stats page, the hwdec you are using or something else. Also make sure that the SVP index is not lower than 1.0 because if it is then you may have to use a less compute heavy version of Rife. You are just going to have to troubleshoot it. If it's not affecting what you are seeing on screen then maybe don't worry about it too much until you see a problem

Re: [SPAM] MPV Rife 2 Performance Issue?

dawkinscm
Note this is a spam post, they took your original post and passed it through ChatGPT or similar big_smile

Using MPV with Rife 2 is smooth so I didn't realize that I am regularly dropping "output" frames. My GPU is running at around 80% so I don't understand what the issue is?
I also found that the "ffdshow" parameter under Advanced Settings is set to "true". Is this correct?

They gonna edit the first message later and insert some links.
Be careful big_smile