Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

hvs wrote:

I hope someone can guide me in getting Soap Opera effect using RIFE in SVP.

currently, the best quality that almost gets rid of the soap effect is models 4.12 and 4.13.

4.0->4.6: about the same quality and same performance
4.7->4.9: about the same quality and same performance, the performance cost +20% than 4.0->4.6
4.10->4.13: about the same quality and same performance, the performance cost +20% than 4.7->4.9
4.12lite, 4.13lite: performance between 4.7->4.9 and 4.10->4.13

my recommended models are: 4.6, 4.9 and 4.13

hvs wrote:

Hi, I was trying to use Rife in the SVP. I've been only watching anime using SVP with non-RIFE settings since I purchased it which is 3 years ago.
I am totally clueless about these RIFE feature and tried to do my own research and test but was stuck at one thing, which shown as below:

https://i.imgur.com/ThoFZn0.png

The error "Your ONNX Model has been generated with INT64 weights, while TensorRT does not natively support INT64. Attempting to cast down to INT32."

After this message is shown, my playback will be stuck and only audio plays, sometimes even audio didn't play.

This is my setting for the RIFE

https://i.imgur.com/C65rGPX.png
(that custom SC Threshold is because i tried following a youtube tutorial, but it still produced the same thing. Maybe I am doing it wrong)

I know there's probably an answer for this question already somewhere, I tried searching for it but there's too many too unrelated (probably) topic around it. a
Sorry for the troubles and thanks for any consideration given.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Note that my pc setup is as such:

- Monitor 24" 144Hz
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600
- RTX 3080Ti 12GB
- 32GB DDR4 3200GHz ram
- around 500GB+ free space in the 1TB Adata S70 Blade M.2 NVme SSD

---------------------------------------------------------------
EDIT :

Nevermind, I am just too stupid. All i need to do is wait a bit longer and it'll works (using the settings in the picture)
But its weird, i swear i waited close to 30 mins before, hence I was thinking it's actually stuck/crashed. Now I just need to wait for 5 min at most.

Using MPC-HC since it has built-in fps counter. Would love to use MPV but I can't find the way to enable fps counter.

Idk why you wait 5 minutes, maybe engine build is CPU limited? I have 10700K and RTX 4070 and NVMe too, but slower cache build time was 2m24sec only!

1,103 (edited by hvs 25-12-2023 07:04:13)

flowreen91 wrote:
hvs wrote:

Would love to use MPV but I can't find the way to enable fps counter.

Try Shift + I or hold I to enable fps counter.
MPV seems faster than MPC-HC. It gives more stable fps.

hvs wrote:

Try this and say if you get stuck or instructions are unclear big_smile :
https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 352#p83352

Thanks you so much for this. Yes it's true that MPV is much more stable.

aloola wrote:
hvs wrote:

currently, the best quality that almost gets rid of the soap effect is models 4.12 and 4.13.

4.7->4.9: about the same quality and same performance, the performance cost +20% than 4.0->4.6
4.10->4.13: about the same quality and same performance, the performance cost +20% than 4.7->4.9

Thanks for the recommendation. When searching the solution for my problem, I read in this post regarding how v2 has much more advantage than v1..
So I tried 4.9 v2... but it seems like there's even Ensemble version, which I didn't find anywhere about it said here, or probably just missed the conversation regarding it.

4.9 V2 seems very stable for me, and the wait isnt that long either, i just have to wait for no more than 1 minute or two.
Tried to encode Kagejitsu S2 Ep 12 using it before i went to sleep too, but iirc it finished around 3 hours (because my pc auto shut down around that time).
The result is so great. the artifacts are almost none, and even if its there, its very subtle, which makes it worth the wait than watching the anime with live interpolation. This is a good option for me if I had no need to watch the anime ASAP.

All those talk aside, what I actually want to achieve is that soap effect that everyone hates. I am weird in that I love that soap effect XD.
I'll try 4.13 later I guess.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

Idk why you wait 5 minutes, maybe engine build is CPU limited? I have 10700K and RTX 4070 and NVMe too, but slower cache build time was 2m24sec only!

eh that was just my estimate for max time i waited (not timed).. its actually less than that ig. mostly around 30-1 mins. Ig it depends on the scene to interpolate

---------------
Also talking about CPU..
Can't we use GPU as a main to transcode? or is it only just mainly CPU with GPU as backup?

hvs wrote:
flowreen91 wrote:
hvs wrote:

Would love to use MPV but I can't find the way to enable fps counter.

hvs wrote:

aloola wrote:
hvs wrote:

Thanks for the recommendation. When searching the solution for my problem, I read in this post regarding how v2 has much more advantage than v1..
So I tried 4.9 v2... but it seems like there's even Ensemble version, which I didn't find anywhere about it said here, or probably just missed the conversation regarding it.

4.9 V2 seems very stable for me, and the wait isnt that long either, i just have to wait for no more than 1 minute or two.
Tried to encode Kagejitsu S2 Ep 12 using it before i went to sleep too, but iirc it finished around 3 hours (because my pc auto shut down around that time).
The result is so great. the artifacts are almost none, and even if its there, its very subtle, which makes it worth the wait than watching the anime with live interpolation. This is a good option for me if I had no need to watch the anime ASAP.

All those talk aside, what I actually want to achieve is that soap effect that everyone hates. I am weird in that I love that soap effect XD.

RickyAstle98 wrote:

eh that was just my estimate for max time i waited (not timed).. its actually less than that ig. mostly around 30-1 mins. Ig it depends on the scene to interpolate

---------------
Also talking about CPU..
Can't we use GPU as a main to transcode? or is it only just mainly CPU with GPU as backup?

As I can say, I test 720p30>720p90 transcode, SVP window show 25% all the time, but my CPU maxed at 7% only during transcoding, NVENC encoder!
So its GPU mostly transcode...

aloola wrote:
hvs wrote:

Sadly I cannot afford the performance decrease of 4.13 however 4.9 V2 is a great compromise for me.

1,106 (edited by RickyAstle98 25-12-2023 11:59:50)

Any possibility to implement SVP RIFE-TRT with SVP standard interpolation method work simultaneously? It will help to maintain targeted peformance!
Example >
1080p30 + TRT RIFE 3x = 90 + SVP method 4x after RIFE buffer with 32 or 24 pixel grid size (realtime) = 360FPS for 360Hz users (without significant artefacts because SVP have more detailed frames)
RIFE cant do 12x interpolation stable but with this method... Who knows?!

aloola wrote:

The Soap Opera Effect is exactly what you are trying to get. If you "get rid of the soap effect" then it's not working.

RickyAstle98 wrote:
hvs wrote:
flowreen91 wrote:

aloola wrote:

RickyAstle98 wrote:

---------------
Also talking about CPU..

As I can say, I test 720p30>720p90 transcode, SVP window show 25% all the time, but my CPU maxed at 7% only during transcoding, NVENC encoder!

Thanks. My SVP Transcode page show the advanced mode so i didnt see the NVENC encoder, it was somewhat hidden but after changing it to that, it only use around 30% of my cpu, and my gpu usage rocketed to 95~100%.
it transcoded in less than 30 min now. sweet.

Btw which one would be better, and what is the difference between AV1, H.264 or H.265?

hvs wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
hvs wrote:

---------------
Also talking about CPU..

Thanks. My SVP Transcode page show the advanced mode so i didnt see the NVENC encoder, it was somewhat hidden but after changing it to that, it only use around 30% of my cpu, and my gpu usage rocketed to 95~100%.
it transcoded in less than 30 min now. sweet.

Btw which one would be better, and what is the difference between AV1, H.264 or H.265?

H265 and AV1 better because need 2/2.5x less bitrate for same amount of quality H264

Decided to test 4.13 and 4.13 v2.

4.13 works well, Win resource monitor shows ~50% GPU utilization regardless of the video resolution. I tested with 720p and 1080p videos at 60 Hz. Shouldn't there be some sort of difference between 720p and 1080p? 720p even reaches 60% more often on my RTX 4080. Also, the 4.9 model included with SPV by default now has almost the same performance, mostly sitting at ~50% regardless of resolution.

4.13 v2 doesn't seem to be working, however. Every time I try to play a video, it compiles the cache file and after around 50 seconds it stops and the video plays without RIFE. Can't really see if it gives an error cuz the window closes fast.

1,111 (edited by dawkinscm 28-12-2023 14:06:53)

Xenocyde wrote:

4.13 works well, Win resource monitor shows ~50% GPU utilization regardless of the video resolution. Also, the 4.9 model included with SPV by default now has almost the same performance, mostly sitting at ~50% regardless of resolution.

I'm using my GPU heavily and can easily hit 100% usage with 4.12.4.13 but max out at 80% with 4.9. So maybe you don't see it under lighter loads?

Xenocyde wrote:

4.13 v2 doesn't seem to be working, however. Every time I try to play a video, it compiles the cache file and after around 50 seconds it stops and the video plays without RIFE. Can't really see if it gives an error cuz the window closes fast.

Make sure you have a 4.13 onnx file in the "v2" folder. If you do then delete it and any files created by it, download the v2 onnx file again and put the new onnx file into the "v2" folder.

1,112 (edited by RickyAstle98 28-12-2023 15:04:52)

Xenocyde wrote:

4.13 works well, Win resource monitor shows ~50% GPU utilization regardless of the video resolution. I tested with 720p and 1080p videos at 60 Hz. Shouldn't there be some sort of difference between 720p and 1080p? 720p even reaches 60% more often on my RTX 4080. Also, the 4.9 model included with SPV by default now has almost the same performance, mostly sitting at ~50% regardless of resolution.

Something is wrong bruh >
I have 10700K and RTX 4070 and here is my performance!
4.4v2 720p24>144 (<45% GPU usage) at 165Hz
4.12v2 720p24>144 (<65% GPU usage) at 165Hz
4.13v2 720p24>144 (<70% GPU usage) at 165Hz

1,113 (edited by Xenocyde 28-12-2023 17:00:46)

RickyAstle98 wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

I only test with 60 Hz cuz my screen is old af big_smile Have you tested with 60 Hz? I feel like the utilization might not change too much even if refresh is X4+ for me.

dawkinscm wrote:

Make sure you have a 4.13 onnx file in the "v2" folder. If you do then delete it and any files created by it, download the v2 onnx file again and put the new onnx file into the "v2" folder.

Deleted, redownlaoded, still doesn't work. Do I need some new version of Python or TRT maybe?

1,114 (edited by RickyAstle98 28-12-2023 17:14:04)

Xenocyde wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

I only test with 60 Hz cuz my screen is old af big_smile Have you tested with 60 Hz? I feel like the utilization might not change too much even if refresh is X4+ for me.

dawkinscm wrote:

Deleted, redownlaoded, still doesn't work. Do I need some new version of Python or TRT maybe?

Wait me here, I will edit my message in next 5 minutes! Check plz!!!
So you need  to put 4.13.onnx into v2 folder where SVP located
https://ibb.co.com/RYCzGRh
If your 1st timing cache build failed, you need enable TRT boost option, 4.7-4.9v2 cant stable buld timing cache for general optimization... Maybe 4.13v2 too? Me too cant build timing cache without TRT enabled!
Yes I tested 60Hz and only CPU usage change a little, anyway I have modern 165Hz GSync monitor, any FPS factor, smooth always!

1,115 (edited by dawkinscm 28-12-2023 17:17:44)

Xenocyde wrote:

Nope. As long as you have downloaded the latest version of SVP, it comes with everything you need. I have manually modified some things over time and still do occasionally. But after the recent updates, I only do it now for experimentation because it's really not necessary any more. If I was in your position I would uninstall everything and start again, especially the Rife model folders. Once SVP is set up it just works for everything up to Rife v4.13 v2.

1,116 (edited by Xenocyde 28-12-2023 19:35:28)

RickyAstle98 wrote:

If your 1st timing cache build failed, you need enable TRT boost option, 4.7-4.9v2 cant stable buld timing cache for general optimization... Maybe 4.13v2 too? Me too cant build timing cache without TRT enabled!
Yes I tested 60Hz and only CPU usage change a little, anyway I have modern 165Hz GSync monitor, any FPS factor, smooth always!

Ya so, for me, 4.13 V2 only works when I activate performance boost. Seems to be a bit more resource-intensive compared to non-V2, 50-60% 3D utilization. Need to specify that I capped GPU performance to 60 fps so it's using only 150 W instead of 300+ W, that's why it looks like my performance is not scaling well compared to your 144 Hz performance. I've been trying to get a new OLED screen for some time now, but every damned TV model up until now came with some annoying issue... maybe 2024 is the year I get a 55-inch OLED so I can use the GPU at its fullest.

1,117 (edited by RickyAstle98 29-12-2023 16:51:26)

Xenocyde wrote:
RickyAstle98 wrote:

Ya so, for me, 4.13 V2 only works when I activate performance boost. Seems to be a bit more resource-intensive compared to non-V2, 50-60% 3D utilization. Need to specify that I capped GPU performance to 60 fps so it's using only 150 W instead of 300+ W, that's why it looks like my performance is not scaling well compared to your 144 Hz performance. I've been trying to get a new OLED screen for some time now, but every damned TV model up until now came with some annoying issue... maybe 2024 is the year I get a 55-inch OLED so I can use the GPU at its fullest.

Hehe))

RickyAstle98 wrote:

Hehe))

What happened with this post? Was it inaccurate?

Hello, When I' interpolate some 4k videos with RIFE, It turns into 3840 * 2144.
It is quite werid because It works correctly in other resolutions like 2280*2700, 3840*2400.
Is there any person having a probelm like me?

RIFE only works for 32-px aligned frame size, so we have two options (for example for 1920*1080 frame):
1. add 8px height black line, interpolate, cut away 8px line
2. cut 24px line --> interpolate 1920*1056 frame

SVP now does (1) for frame height <= 2560 and (2) for >2560.
If you want always do (1) then for now you can edit SVP 4\script\generate.js, line 458, change it to:

var pad_up = pad;

1,121 (edited by RickyAstle98 31-12-2023 19:17:11)

Chainik wrote:

RIFE only works for 32-px aligned frame size, so we have two options (for example for 1920*1080 frame):
1. add 8px height black line, interpolate, cut away 8px line
2. cut 24px line --> interpolate 1920*1056 frame

SVP now does (1) for frame height <= 2560 and (2) for >2560.
If you want always do (1) then for now you can edit SVP 4\script\generate.js, line 458, change it to:

var pad_up = pad;

Thanks!

V2 models for some reason have jiggling, the more to the right and down, the worse the effect. Almost unnoticeable for 1080p, but very annoying for 1440p and 4K (both native and downscaled to 1440p, here's the example - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … WGll8w.mp4). For this one, I'm running Game of Thrones S1 E1 at 4K on 3440x1440 (so SVP downscales to 2560x1440) at x2 framerate on 2080 Ti with 4.4v2, 4.6v2, 4.9v2 and 4.13_litev2. There's no such effect on V1 models (tried all same versions)

1,123 (edited by RickyAstle98 01-01-2024 20:55:33)

TechnoStone wrote:

V2 models for some reason have jiggling, the more to the right and down, the worse the effect. Almost unnoticeable for 1080p, but very annoying for 1440p and 4K (both native and downscaled to 1440p, here's the example - https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ … WGll8w.mp4). For this one, I'm running Game of Thrones S1 E1 at 4K on 3440x1440 (so SVP downscales to 2560x1440) at x2 framerate on 2080 Ti with 4.4v2, 4.6v2, 4.9v2 and 4.13_litev2. There's no such effect on V1 models (tried all same versions)

I dont have jiggling at 4K or 2K downscaled or not, in my case this effect only present when you put factors like 2.5x or halfs, odd values (tried all same versions)
Try to do without downscale option too!

TechnoStone wrote:

have you updated to the newest SVP version? the bug should be fixed with the newest version.

https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlr … 1791986979

1,125 (edited by RAGEdemon 04-01-2024 08:41:04)

SVP is not offering updates, so presumably I am on the latest version. I can also confirm jiggling, most noticeable to the bottom right. I think 4.6V2 is the worst.