1 (edited by palteos 13-12-2023 03:54:08)

Topic: Updating AMD drivers crippled RIFE AI

So I noticed recently that real time playback using RIFE stopped working.  I looked and saw on the event log and it said "Python exception: RIFE: gpu_thread must be between 1 and 1 (inclusive)" which was odd because I was always able to use 2 threads and now it's telling me I can only use 1.  Dropping to 1 thread was not an option as it caused laggy playback and it doubled transcoding time. 

Throughout my troubleshooting (Reinstalling SVP, reinstalling current drivers, updating windows, etc), I found the culprit to be the latest AMD Adrenalin 23.12.1 drivers. 
When I rolled back to 23.11.1 drivers everything worked.

So I'm just wondering if this is an issue with AMD's drivers just sucking or something with SVP not playing well with the new drivers? I'm ok at the moment because I can use it now but I don't want to be stuck with out of date drivers forever.

EDIT: Forgot to add my specs.  My CPU is Ryzen 7800X3D and my GPU is 7900XTX.

Re: Updating AMD drivers crippled RIFE AI

this is an issue with AMD's drivers just sucking

Ah, figures.  Typical AMD.  I'll just wait till the next drivers come out and see if the problem persists.

Same exact situation. Suppose ill just downgrade drivers.

Same here (but fun fact that i went back to v23.11.1 also, before i read your post. It looks like that was the latest best driver.)
Did you find any solution?

Did someone reported this issue to AMD?
It's unlikely they will fix it if they don't know about the problem.