Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

aostang wrote:

The seek hanging has annoyed me for ages.

Using model V2 should fix the seeking.

I can't use v2 on any version of rife. Do you guys know why plus %100 sct makes soap opera effect dissapear so i switched to %20.

Xenocyde wrote:
aostang wrote:
aloola wrote:

it looks like TRT 9.2 fixed the crashed issues when seeking

TRT 9.2 has build-up time faster than TRT 8.xx
https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlrt/discussions/65

need more testing though

Is this something we need to wait for a SVP build to get? The seek hanging has annoyed me for ages.

Also, is there anything that can be done to get rid of the 1-2 second stutter at the start of video playback? (playback starts for like half a second then I lose all frames for about half a second on ncnn/Vulkan but 1-2 full seconds on TRT) I've never been able to resolve this when SVP 4 is enabled with MPC-HC. If I disable SVP 4 it stops happening.

Fyi.. just got VLC working and it does the same stutter on starting a video, so it's not related to just MPC-HC.

Performance boost enabled gets rid of this afaik, provided there is a cache file already.

It would be unfortunate if that's the only way. I have videos at a lot of different resolutions which is why I hadn't enabled that.

1,054 (edited by dawkinscm 08-12-2023 04:21:43)

cemaydnlar wrote:

I can't use v2 on any version of rife. Do you guys know why plus %100 sct makes soap opera effect dissapear so i switched to %20.

You can either completely uninstall SVP then reinstall. That should fix everything. Or you can delete the files from the v2 folder and download the models again since there was a mixup with some of the model files. If you don't know where the files are, then reinstall and follow the instructions in the RIFE AI FAQ. That way you can be sure everything is setup correctly.

When MPV 0.37 arrives in SVP, will it impact performance of RIFE?

> When MPV 0.37 arrives in SVP

it is 0.37 (built just a few days before the official release date)

> will it impact performance of RIFE?

no

dawkinscm wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

You can either completely uninstall SVP then reinstall. That should fix everything. Or you can delete the files from the v2 folder and download the models again since there was a mixup with some of the model files. If you don't know where the files are, then reinstall and follow the instructions in the RIFE AI FAQ. That way you can be sure everything is setup correctly.

Tried everything seems like v2 does not work on 3070 plus i am having frame drops on 4.13. They should somehow start to find a solution to make it use less gpu.

cemaydnlar wrote:

Tried everything seems like v2 does not work on 3070 plus i am having frame drops on 4.13. They should somehow start to find a solution to make it use less gpu.

v2 4.7+ doesn't work with performance boost Disabled, it will crash trt if you combine these options.

1,059 (edited by dawkinscm 08-12-2023 18:15:51)

cemaydnlar wrote:

Tried everything seems like v2 does not work on 3070 plus i am having frame drops on 4.13.

A 3090 would struggle with 4.12+ that is why 4.9 is the default.

cemaydnlar wrote:

They should somehow start to find a solution to make it use less gpu.

They can't at the moment. The models are getting better which is why 4.9 is the default, not 4.6. But as they get better they become more compute intensive. I assume that it would take a paradigm shift in model building before that changes. I'm just hoping that it gets just better enough to remove any obvious remaining artefacts without requiring a 4090.

1,060 (edited by cemaydnlar 08-12-2023 20:17:29)

I tried both disabled and enabled performance boost for v2 but still not working. I know that normally even a 3090 would struggle but i am watching animes on a 1080p monitor and use downscaling method from svp than i upscale it back to 1080p with anime4k. I use x3.

cemaydnlar wrote:

I tried both disabled and enabled performance boost for v2 but still not working. I know that normally even a 3090 would struggle but i am watching animes on a 1080p monitor and use downscaling method from svp than i upscale it back to 1080p with anime4k. I use x3.

You have to put v2 models under rife_v2 folder, not the rife one, the full path would be like C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\rife\models\rife_v2

redraiderj wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

You have to put v2 models under rife_v2 folder, not the rife one, the full path would be like C:\Program Files (x86)\SVP 4\rife\models\rife_v2

Now its working thank you.

cemaydnlar wrote:
redraiderj wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

A few posts back I did tell you to delete the v2 folder and re-download them. You didn't put the v2 files in the v2 folder?

Reading through the thread it looks like the current consensus for worthwhile models from increasing quality/decreasing performance are 4.4v2, 4.6v2, 4.9v2/4.12_litev2/4.13_litev2, and placebo tier would be something like 4.13_ensemblev2 I guess? 4.12/13 are apparently better for animation, but otherwise slower than 4.9.

dawkinscm wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:
redraiderj wrote:

A few posts back I did tell you to delete the v2 folder and re-download them. You didn't put the v2 files in the v2 folder?

I deleted v1 files from rife models/rife folder and pasted the v2 ones in it bcuz i thought that rife folder was the place for both of the versions.

1,066 (edited by dawkinscm 10-12-2023 11:13:25)

Ironclad wrote:

Reading through the thread it looks like the current consensus for worthwhile models from increasing quality/decreasing performance are 4.4v2, 4.6v2, 4.9v2/4.12_litev2/4.13_litev2, and placebo tier would be something like 4.13_ensemblev2 I guess? 4.12/13 are apparently better for animation, but otherwise slower than 4.9.

Everything from 4.9 onwards was for anime, but they also work very well with live stuff. Rife 4.12/4.13 are better for fast motion which is why I now use them, but I'm watching on a very large screen. Rife 4.9 is the best quality/performance compromise for most people, followed by 4.6. I agree with your placebo tier.

Xenocyde wrote:

Woah, the default 4.9 model you added cached in like 15 seconds. The 4.9 I added some time ago took a minute and a few seconds to cache.

Then it's probably crashing before it completes.

dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

Woah, the default 4.9 model you added cached in like 15 seconds. The 4.9 I added some time ago took a minute and a few seconds to cache.

I did not see it try to cache again after, so don't think it crashed the first time.

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

I did not see it try to cache again after, so don't think it crashed the first time.

It doesn't cache in 15 seconds. None of them do.

dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

No even on an RTX 4080?

1,071 (edited by dawkinscm 11-12-2023 08:28:49)

Xenocyde wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:
Xenocyde wrote:

No even on an RTX 4080?

Nope. Not even on an RTX 4080.

Hi guys,

I am trying to get 4k content to run at 60fps. Sometimes I manage it, but most times, the best I can do is double the movie FPS. Ideally, 4k120fps would be awesome.

How can I try to do that? I have tried 4.4,4.6,4.9,4.12. 3/4 threads.

I am on a 4090.

I'd appreciate help, thank you smile

1,073 (edited by aloola 16-12-2023 05:16:11)

RAGEdemon wrote:

Hi guys,

I am trying to get 4k content to run at 60fps. Sometimes I manage it, but most times, the best I can do is double the movie FPS. Ideally, 4k120fps would be awesome.

How can I try to do that? I have tried 4.4,4.6,4.9,4.12. 3/4 threads.

I am on a 4090.

I'd appreciate help, thank you smile

Turn off GPU decoder, and only use software decoder in player
Turn off HAGS
use model 4.6 v2

or pre-resize your video to 1440p

Ideally, 4k120fps would be awesome.

not possible for now, based on people's benchmarks here most you can do with 4090 is 24fps x3

aloola wrote:

Interesting that you say that. I don't know if you mean with mpv player but for SVP this player does work better with hardware decoding off.

dawkinscm wrote:
aloola wrote:

Interesting that you say that. I don't know if you mean with mpv player but for SVP this player does work better with hardware decoding off.

with GPU hw decoder it will copy back frames from GPU/VRAM to CPU/RAM, making your RAM bandwidth exhausted.

in general, just turn off GPU hw decoder if you using Vapoursynth with 4K video.