Topic: Transcoding has become broken

https://i.imgur.com/8CKY3NB.jpg

I added the lavfi filter "crop=iw-400:ih-552,scale=1920:896" to crop and scale a movie and ran RIFE AI with framerate set to 60fps. The scaling worked fine but the output was still 23.976.

When I tried again I noticed that the FPS output goal was now changed to 111.753, and selecting any other profile shows a different, seemingly random output FPS goal. I removed the lavfi filter, restarted SVP, then rebooted, but the fps goal still shows incorrectly in every profile and the video still outputs at 23.976.

Any idea what's gone wrong here? Does using lavfi filters usually cause this problem? Do I need to reinstall SVP? Is scaling and cropping impossible when transcoding?

Re: Transcoding has become broken

it's more like the source video is broken cause it shows 2682 fps in the MediaInfo

Chainik wrote:

it's more like the source video is broken cause it shows 2682 fps in the MediaInfo

You're absolutely right. It must be because I was testing with a clip made in LosslessCut which can give janky results. Thanks a million for your help again!

Chainik wrote:

So now I'm using the original uncut file and it says it will convert to 60fps, but it outputs at 23.976 fps.

When I remove the lavfi filter "crop=iw-400:ih-552,scale=1920:896" it converts to 60fps.

Is it impossible to scale and crop video when transcoding or is there a workaround for this?

if something is going wrong with transcoding, the first thing to do is reading the log

in this case you'll see a lot of vapoursynth errors there, meaning the video was converted w/o interpolation script active

errors are PROBABLY because the video size after lavfi doesn't fall into the size range provided for RIFE: min_shapes=[2560,1440],max_shapes=[3840,2176]

a workaround for this is enable "perf. boost" in the RIFE proifle

----
there's another problem here, not sure what could be a workaround for this one...

RIFE/trt wants frame size divisible by 32, thus SVP crops 16 px from the bottom (2160 -> 2144 px)
and it do so even after your lavfi transformation, making (1920;896) -> (1920;880), which is NOT divisible by 32 again

if you somehow will make (1920;912) in the lavfi - it will work