Topic: MPV having high saturation (RED) levels after update, also crashes

Hi, as the subject posted, is there a way to revert back to the previous version?. thank you

Re: MPV having high saturation (RED) levels after update, also crashes

you can use any version from there: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-pl … les/64bit/

3 (edited by Blackfyre 02-10-2023 15:44:58)

Chainik wrote:

you can use any version from there: https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpv-pl … les/64bit/

Any reason why 64bit-v3 doesn't work?

I placed it in a folder called MPV in the C Driver, opened a file with it. But SVP will not detect that MPV, even when I set an "Apply If" media player and choose the directory path.

Maybe it's just the 64bit-v3 that has this issue?

EDIT: Same thing with the regular 64bit version, downloaded the October 1st version. Set it as the default media player. But SVP doesn't recognise it.

Does it have to replace the MPV in the SVP folder?

4 (edited by briechu 02-10-2023 16:05:29)

Hi, also after the update the SVPtube2 was not able to detect HDR content from youtube. thank you

@Blackfyre, i actually reverted back to MPV 0.35 version as i think it is more stable, the new one MPV 0.36 messed up all the colors, the over saturation and gamma. it also messed up SVPtube2 settings.

5 (edited by dawkinscm 02-10-2023 19:25:35)

Blackfyre wrote:

Does it have to replace the MPV in the SVP folder?

Unless you change the settings to point somewhere else then you have to replace mpv.com and mpv.exe in the mp64 folder. The v3 version works just fine.  But it's going to be a similar version to what was downloaded with SVP. It's strange that some of you are having issues because there have not been any reported stability issues with 0.36. I updated my version of SVP and had no issues. So my recommendation would be to completely uninstall SVP, reboot then try again.

dawkinscm wrote:

It's strange that some of you are having issues because there have not been any reported stability issues with 0.36. I updated my version of SVP and had no issues. So my recommendation would be to completely uninstall SVP, reboot then try again.

Just to clarify, I don't have any issues with 0.36

Just wanted to test the latest versions that were linked above by Chainik

7 (edited by dawkinscm 02-10-2023 21:50:30)

Blackfyre wrote:
dawkinscm wrote:

It's strange that some of you are having issues because there have not been any reported stability issues with 0.36. I updated my version of SVP and had no issues. So my recommendation would be to completely uninstall SVP, reboot then try again.

Just to clarify, I don't have any issues with 0.36

Just wanted to test the latest versions that were linked above by Chainik

At the time of writing, I built a recent update based on a change in vsync timing. But even that is specific to me and would have little effect for you. Unless you are monitoring the updates and have a specific reason to update then I don't think you will notice any difference. In the end, the latest builds are just 0.36 with some bug fixes and minor updates.