1 (edited by zSoi 16-05-2023 09:39:59)

Topic: [Resolved] Can't set my mpv.conf

Hello everyone,

I recently reinstalled windows and had to set up again my SVP pro app with mpv.

I had a nice mpv.conf that I saved, with proper subtitle size and font, but now I cannot custom anything : the MPV app doesn't seem to read my conf file.
I tried to change the file everywhere I found it, from the SVP/mpv64 folder to the roaming/MPV folder.

I like MPV because its light on the cpu and powerfull at the same time.
Not an expert but either I find how to make this conf file work, or I will switch player since I was already lacking proper UI in MPV (And I would need suggestions cause VLC UI is good but SVP integration seems crap)

EDIT : Found it :

It was the nature of my subtitles. PGS.

I was mistaken, the files works, only my sub-font-size line doesn't apply to PGS subtitles.

2 (edited by dawkinscm 16-05-2023 07:51:06)

Re: [Resolved] Can't set my mpv.conf

zSoi wrote:

Hello everyone,

I had a nice mpv.conf that I saved, with proper subtitle size and font, but now I cannot custom anything : the MPV app doesn't seem to read my conf file.
I tried to change the file everywhere I found it, from the SVP/mpv64 folder to the roaming/MPV folder.

Not an expert but either I find how to make this conf file work, or I will switch player since I was already lacking proper UI in MPV (And I would need suggestions cause VLC UI is good but SVP integration seems crap)

If you have a config in both the SVP and Appdata folder then it will use the one in the SVP folder. Usually the mpv.conf file is not read when there is a mistake in the config.

I would suggest that you remove your mpv.conf file from both places and use the default SVP conf file and make sure that is working first. Then start copying a line or two of config from your mpv.conf file to the default SVP conf file and see if it still works. That way you can see where the issue is.

dawkinscm wrote:
zSoi wrote:

Hello everyone,

If you have a config in both the SVP and Appdata folder then it will use the one in the SVP folder. Usually the mpv.conf file is not read when there is a mistake in the config.

I would suggest that you remove your mpv.conf file from both places and use the default SVP conf file and make sure that is working first. Then start copying a line or two of config from your mpv.conf file to the default SVP conf file and see if it still works. That way you can see where the issue is.

Thank you for your answer.

Here is the weird thing:
I removed all the mpv.conf files I found, and restored the default one in SVP 4/mpv64.
Then I added a simple sub-font-size in the file, but nothing changes.
I'm totally lost.

Here is the mpv.conf file :

#
# THIS FILE WILL BE OVERWRITTEN WITH THE PACKAGE UPDATE
# Use %APPDATA%/mpv/mpv.conf
# OR SVP's menu -> Information -> Add. information -> mpv config. file
#     to define your own customized configuration
#
# Sample mpv configuration
#

# this is required for SVP to "catch" the mpv
input-ipc-server=mpvpipe

# hardware video decoder
hwdec=auto-copy
hwdec-codecs=all

vo=gpu

# high quality video output, require rather fast video card
#profile=gpu-hq

# D3D11 renderer (default) is required for the HDR playback
#gpu-api=d3d11

# use VULKAN API if you have problems with the default d3d11 renderer
#gpu-api=vulkan

# miscellaneous options

# comment this one if you want mpv to remember the playback position
save-position-on-quit=no

# fixes audio desync
hr-seek-framedrop=no

# "ReClock" replacement
#video-sync=display-resample
#video-sync-max-video-change=5

#log-file=mpv.log

###Subs###

sub-font-size=100

just male a folder name "portable_config" on the same folder with your mpv.exe, then put the mpv.conf there

example: \MPV\portable_config\mpv.conf

if you want to add .lua scripts put them in
\MPV\portable_config\Scripts\ *.lua here

.conf for Lua scripts
\MPV\portable_config\script-opts\ *.conf here

5 (edited by dawkinscm 16-05-2023 10:05:59)

zSoi wrote:

Thank you for your answer.

Here is the weird thing:
I removed all the mpv.conf files I found, and restored the default one in SVP 4/mpv64.
Then I added a simple sub-font-size in the file, but nothing changes.
I'm totally lost.

Did the default config work?

aloola wrote:

just male a folder name "portable_config" on the same folder with your mpv.exe, then put the mpv.conf there

example: \MPV\portable_config\mpv.conf

if you want to add .lua scripts put them in
\MPV\portable_config\Scripts\ *.lua here

.conf for Lua scripts
\MPV\portable_config\script-opts\ *.conf here

I remember having similar issues and this works but it's not an actual fix which is why I recommend the other approach.