Topic: Anyone know how to setup SVPtube as SMtube in SMplayer?

I've glanced online a few places and don't see any suggestions for connecting the two.  I've got SMPlayer and SVP4 working so far (thanks to the wiki!).  But when I clicked some button about YouTube it said I needed to download SMTube and opened https://www.smtube.org/

I'm guessing it's similar to the SVPtube app that I installed from SVP.  Which made me think I'd prefer to use that version if possible.  Lack of SVP for online videos has been my biggest remaining problem.

Has anyone tried either tool in SMPlayer (or another MPV based UI)?  I'm on Windows 10 if it matters (i7-4790k @ stock 4.0GHz for 4c/8t, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA 1080ti GPU, 1440p resolution).

I tried to use SVPtube once on a random free streaming site (think Crunchy Roll?) and never managed it.  I entered authentication information, and tried to export cookies, but it never connected.  It wasn't a huge issue for me so I gave up at the time.  I've never used yt-dl before either.

But I'd like to have an easy way to watch YouTube videos with SVP (live streaming is preferred).  So far SMPlayer has lower resource usage than MPC-HC (my typical player so far) on my MKV files.  Though I don't know if I'm comparing apples to oranges, or what (same features on/off, etc).  Like it's probably not using madVR in SMPlayer.

Anyway, thanks in advance.  I searched the forum and only a Russian language post came up.

Re: Anyone know how to setup SVPtube as SMtube in SMplayer?

> I tried to use SVPtube once on a random free streaming site (think Crunchy Roll?)
> But I'd like to have an easy way to watch YouTube videos with SVP

hmm
if you want Youtube then SVPtube is an easy way
and Crunchyroll is a not an easy streaming site for any video extractor app

Re: Anyone know how to setup SVPtube as SMtube in SMplayer?

I don't think I ever got SVPtube to work on other stuff, so maybe I'm confused here.  I assumed it'd download something instead of streaming live.  And wanted to avoid a multi step process to watch something.

I don't follow what a lot of online "radio" and "TV" features in video players are doing, so I was trying to play with the YouTube button in a video player I was considering switching to (SMPlayer).  It wanted to download their SMTube thing, and I figured by similar names that the SVPtube might be a drop in replacement.  But didn't see any directions for connecting the two.

I'll go poke the SVPtube tool more.  I'm sad the MPC-HC dev was giving up and wouldn't do new bug fixes (last I saw), and thought VapourSynth looked like the better solution vs. avisynth+.  But am not a fan of minimal UI tools like mpv on the command line would be.  I poked VLC a few times, but never felt happy with it's controls and options.  So far the biggest annoyance in SMPlayer is it's slower to react to the blackbar removal tool changing the resolution.  And it does the same thing with subtitles (always on or off, even with the "forced only" option on) as MPC-HC has, so I have to tweak that sometimes.

Can you speak to why the included SVP tool is based off of youtube-dl instead of ytdlp or a similar "improved" version?  It'd allow users to just point at the browser to get cookie values for instance (versus add extension, export value, import value, etc).