Re: Howto setup MPC-HC with SVP + RifeAI + MadVR ?

onurco

if it actually doing something (check CPU/GPU load) then you just have to wait more...

27 (edited by onurco 19-01-2023 12:56:29)

I see Chainik, so as I understand, tensorRT is not working instantly real time like vulkan variant?

Performance boost: TensorRT only. Increase performance up to ~5% and lower memory usage in exchange for running a 5-10-minutes optimization pass in a command-line window for _every_ new video resolution. Previous runs are cached. For example, you're opening a 1080p video for the first time, you'll wait 5+ mins. Every other 1080p videos will start instantly, but when the frame size changes due to, for example, black bars cut off, you'll wait another 5+ mins.

With "perf boost" off there's only ONE optimization run for all resolutions below 1440p.

Chainik wrote:

onurco

if it actually doing something (check CPU/GPU load) then you just have to wait more...

You will also want to reduce 2160p to say 1800p if you cant handle it. Check main thread for how to

30 (edited by onurco 19-01-2023 12:58:49)

Chainik wrote:

Performance boost: TensorRT only. Increase performance up to ~5% and lower memory usage in exchange for running a 5-10-minutes optimization pass in a command-line window for _every_ new video resolution. Previous runs are cached. For example, you're opening a 1080p video for the first time, you'll wait 5+ mins. Every other 1080p videos will start instantly, but when the frame size changes due to, for example, black bars cut off, you'll wait another 5+ mins.

With "perf boost" off there's only ONE optimization run for all resolutions below 1440p.

Oh I see, that's great to know that it is being cached for each resolution. I had no issues using vulkan for 1080p but at 2160p it was failing miserably, everything was slow motion. I am mostly excited to use TensorRT for 4k 2160p videos. So I won't use the performance boost mode in the beginning and wait until it is finished then. You wrote that until 1440p, it is only doing one pass without perf boost. How is the situation for 2160p videos?
Also could you send me the documentation link for TensorRT if there are other things to know? I am really excited for this update, thanks a lot for this great achievement Chainik!

Which main thread exactly dlr5668? I would like to try 1800p if I can do it real time without manually downscaling the video.

> You wrote that until 1440p, it is only doing one pass without perf boost. How is the situation for 2160p videos?

from 0 to 1440; from 1440 to 2160
so with default settings you should see this command window only two times (in a lifetime big_smile)

onurco wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Oh I see, that's great to know that it is being cached for each resolution. I had no issues using vulkan for 1080p but at 2160p it was failing miserably, everything was slow motion. I am mostly excited to use TensorRT for 4k 2160p videos. So I won't use the performance boost mode in the beginning and wait until it is finished then. You wrote that until 1440p, it is only doing one pass without perf boost. How is the situation for 2160p videos?
Also could you send me the documentation link for TensorRT if there are other things to know? I am really excited for this update, thanks a lot for this great achievement Chainik!

Which main thread exactly dlr5668? I would like to try 1800p if I can do it real time without manually downscaling the video.

https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 741#p81741

33 (edited by Drakko01 29-01-2023 13:35:21)

Hello, a simple question: how many threads in the RIFE profile do you think work best on a machine with an I78700/rtx3070/16gb@3000hz.
2-3-4 threads?

In Chainik words max out not always means better.

Thanks in advance.