Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

I ordered a case and components to test and make some comparisons
I will have

Ryzen 5600x with 3600 MHz Memory
Ryzen 7700x with 7200 MHz Memory
Intel 13600 KF with 7200 MHz Memory

RTX4090
RTX4080
RTX4070ti

if someone wants to provide some good input or prepared scripts for comparison, i am happy to use them smile

Can someone integrate the script in MPC Player to add MadVR in the pipeline ?

> Can someone integrate the script in MPC Player to add MadVR in the pipeline ?

what do you mean? just run MPC-HC with 'Vapoursynth Filter' instead of 'Avisynth Filter'

Chainik, please try implement new ai scene detection from https://github.com/styler00dollar/VSGAN … detection. I use this fragment from Mad Max for tests how scene detection algorithms working https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f7zZ_A … share_link and this new thing performed almost perfectly.

Chainik wrote:

> Can someone integrate the script in MPC Player to add MadVR in the pipeline ?

what do you mean? just run MPC-HC with 'Vapoursynth Filter' instead of 'Avisynth Filter'

Chainik, when I try to do this, access violation error appears and the player close
By the way, I'm new to rife, but I liked so much, so thanks for all the work on it

> when I try to do this, access violation error appears and the player close

SVP menu -> Utilities -> Set environment variables for Vapoursynth

constasmile
> please try implement new ai scene detection

dunno, I don't see any real problem with the current simple and fast method
another neural network just for a scene change detection looks like an overkill to me

Chainik wrote:

>
another neural network just for a scene change detection looks like an overkill to me

Just try transcoding that clip from Mad Max. SCDetection works very bad. To avoid freezes, you need set more than 15%, I set 20%. At 15%, there are still freezes. But at high values,  ends of scenes are no longer detected at all and they simply flow one into another. It looks bad. I just want quality, not just work. I think I'm not the only one. By the way, when I tested, the difference with and without this system was no more than 10%. Fast scenes go with fading, part of scenes flow into one another, this is all work that does SCDetect.

probably adopting generic SVP's scene detection algorithm (based on motion vectors) would be better...
anyway it isn't a first-priority task

Chainik wrote:

probably adopting generic SVP's scene detection algorithm (based on motion vectors) would be better...
anyway it isn't a first-priority task

Yes, it's working fine as i remember.

534 (edited by UHD 10-01-2023 18:47:44)

And how about the performance of these two methods?

535 (edited by DragonicPrime 10-01-2023 19:23:00)

grobalt wrote:
DragonicPrime wrote:
Chainik wrote:

it doesn't matter in this case that others have same video card
it's about system's memory bandwidth

thanks that's all I needed. Overclocked my ram and it's working now

please, can you do an aida memory benchmark with and without overclocking and post the results ?

Memory read test before: 53949 MB/s
Memory read test after: 56719 MB/s
Memory write test before:54087 MB/s
Memory write test after: 57118 MB/s
I just increased the frequency from 3600MHZ to 3800MHZ and kept the same timings

Edit: okay so when going back to my 3800MHZ overclock, I forgot to set theinfinity fabric properly and rife in 4k stopped working again. I set the infinity fabric properly and now it's working. But at 3600MHZ with proper IF, it still wasn't working for me
Edit 2: also seems like that LG HDR video we were testing on before still doesn't work for me. It's probably because it's a 30fps video. Testing with 24fps videos, I can do 2x with HDR at 4k without a single frame drop it seems. 30fps seems to still be too much though
Edit 3: added memory write test benchmarks

and read is just one direction .. i would be interested in write -> my single CCD cpu is below 28gb/s

DragonicPrime

try this, will it improve a little bit? (replace in SVP 4\plugins64)

grobalt wrote:

and read is just one direction .. i would be interested in write -> my single CCD cpu is below 28gb/s

I added memory write speeds to my message. Forgot before

Chainik wrote:

DragonicPrime

it helped. The LG HDR video now works. so 30fps x2 is now possible

540 (edited by Mardon85 10-01-2023 20:02:14)

Chainik wrote:

That one - https://github.com/AmusementClub/vs-mlrt - is MUUUUCH better
-------------
Post updates:
09/01: updated both libs and scripts, should improve 4K performance on 4080+
-------------
Let's try this:

0. nothing to do with Python big_smile
1. download --> https://www.svp-team.com/files/temp/rife-trt-0901.7z <--, unpack into SVP 4\rife (you should already have this folder), so vstrt.dll must be in the root, i.e. SVP 4\rife\vstrt.dll
2. replace generate.js, base.py in SVP 4\script; restart SVP to be sure
3. menu -> Applications settings -> Additional options -> All settings, go to 'User defined options'
Title: TensortRT; Script name: rife_trt; Other values by default - "FRC profile", "ON or OFF"
Click 'Add option'
Go to the RIFE video profile, see the added TensortRT on/off swtich.
Make a copy of the RIFE video profile, one with TensorRT ON and another with OFF.

Pros:
- no Pytorch!
- works in a real-time
- even faster (?) than vsrife [could be just because of some TensorRT options]
Cons:
- even slower (?) first-time initialization [could be just because of some TensorRT options]
- a nasty command-line window will pop-up for every new video resolution

It's OK for the command-line window to stay for 4-5 mins. Don't close it! Wait!

I've been a long time follower of the thread and now a very proud owner of a 4090. I can't wait to try out some 4K HDR RIFE!

Can you elaborate on point 3 or perhaps show a screen shot of your Application Settings window?

EDIT - Doesn't matter I sorted it. Patiently and excited waiting for the command line to finish big_smile

EDIT 2 - Got it working but need some assistance. My monitor is an ultrawide and the content i'm trying to watch is 21:9 it doesn't seem to zoom to fit like it does with the out of the box SVP player. Any ideas?

Should the window close after "Global timing cache in use. Profiling results in this builder pass will be stored." or keep waiting?

541 (edited by Xenocyde 10-01-2023 20:06:34)

constasmile wrote:
Chainik wrote:

>

Just try transcoding that clip from Mad Max. SCDetection works very bad. To avoid freezes, you need set more than 15%, I set 20%. At 15%, there are still freezes. But at high values,  ends of scenes are no longer detected at all and they simply flow one into another. It looks bad. I just want quality, not just work. I think I'm not the only one. By the way, when I tested, the difference with and without this system was no more than 10%. Fast scenes go with fading, part of scenes flow into one another, this is all work that does SCDetect.

I second this! Really don't like how SCD works above 6%. The changes are too flowy, but at 6% I get weird stuttering in some fast movement scenes. If it's not too complicated to implement the new method, please add it when you have time @Chainik.

DragonicPrime wrote:

Edit 2: also seems like that LG HDR video we were testing on before still doesn't work for me. It's probably because it's a 30fps video. Testing with 24fps videos, I can do 2x with HDR at 4k without a single frame drop it seems. 30fps seems to still be too much though

It is 25fps, so only 4.2% more demanding for real-time interpolation than 24fps.

However, it's important to remember that it's full 4K: 3840x2160, so much more demanding than widescreen 4K movie.

LG 4K HDR Demo - New York.ts.
File size: 448 MiB.
Duration: 1 min 13 sec
Overall bit rate: 51.4 Mbps
HDR format: SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
Width: 3 840 pixels
Height: 2 160 pixels
Frame rate: 25.000 FPS.
Color space: YUV
Chroma subsampling: 4:2:0
Bit depth: 10 bits.

Direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dfR5TT … _bGfEXUvJ/
Source: http://hdr4k.blogspot.com/

DragonicPrime wrote:
Chainik wrote:

DragonicPrime

So you are confirming that on your setup you are able to interpolate in real time x2 the file below?

Recall what CPU you are using and whether the memory frequency is sufficient at 3600 MHz in your case or whether you need 3800 MHz for this test.

Mardon85 wrote:

I've been a long time follower of the thread and now a very proud owner of a 4090. I can't wait to try out some 4K HDR RIFE!

Welcome another owner of a 4090 graphics card smile

UHD wrote:
DragonicPrime wrote:
Chainik wrote:

DragonicPrime

So you are confirming that on your setup you are able to interpolate in real time x2 the file below?

Recall what CPU you are using and whether the memory frequency is sufficient at 3600 MHz in your case or whether you need 3800 MHz for this test.

Yes I'm confirming that I'm able to watch that video in real time with 2x. My cpu is the ryzen 9 5900X, and I need 3800 MHZ memory to be able to do it. I had to also set the infinity fabric on my cpu manually. When set to auto, it wasn't working

Chainik wrote:

No change , same error , any ideas

thanks in advance

Post's attachments

vapoursynth_error.png 105.31 kb, 43 downloads since 2023-01-10 

Drakko01 wrote:
Chainik wrote:

No change , same error , any ideas

thanks in advance

must be on your side, My MPC-MC+MPC Video Render + Vapoursynth Filter works perfectly fine with RIFE. Better results than MPV.

make sure there is no other vapoursynth path in your system PATH.

here is mine
https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/290709370600423424/1062486253313990697/image.png

aloola wrote:

My MPC-MC+MPC Video Render + Vapoursynth Filter works perfectly fine with RIFE. Better results than MPV.

Better results???

Ok I got it working with a 4K SDR video. Wow brilliant stuff. I'm not sure if its working with HDR though. Its x2 frame rate but the HDR colours don't seem to be coming through.

UHD wrote:
aloola wrote:

My MPC-MC+MPC Video Render + Vapoursynth Filter works perfectly fine with RIFE. Better results than MPV.

Better results???

well at least for me
1080p@24 x4
MPC+MPC render: ~75% GPU load.
SVP's MPV default: ~85%

maybe different between users' setups.