501 (edited by UHD 09-01-2023 22:44:45)

Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

Pezede wrote:

movie *3 :

https://i.imgur.com/cSYcCPx.jpeg

Thanks a lot! 4K HDR x3 in real time with RIFE!!! Unbelievable!!!

And I so wanted to save on RAM and CPU sad

Do you see any colour difference on the HDR screen watching this demo without interpolation and with RIFE interpolation?

wow .. with a  24p movie this would be 72 which is a native refresh rate of high end dlp projectors smile

Pezede wrote:
UHD wrote:
DragonicPrime wrote:

4k HDR still doens't work in real time. I just updated my previous message as well. 4K SDR seems to work with no problems in real time though. 4K with HDR, I only get around 35-40fps

Pezede, would you please check the above demo in real time 4K HDR and fps, we would have an interesting comparison.

I just ran it on my LG C1:

movie *2 :

https://i.imgur.com/m6NLcak.jpeg

movie *3 :

I start seeing dropped frames past 80fps, playback seems perfect up to that point.

80fps :

https://i.imgur.com/KlLKxWX.jpeg

Movie * 4 is unwatcheable.

I also tried with 4 threads, no difference.

I'm not sure what's wrong with my setup then. When trying to run 4kHDR in real time, my gpu is stuck at around 50% usage with my cpu at around 8%. Changing thread count doens't help. Turning on "recover HDR colours" and limiting it to 8 bit doesn't change anything either. Anyone have any ideas?

Maybe memory not configured properly for the CPU as you CPU should be better than mine ? please show aida64 or hwinfo or cpuz .. whatever memory information you have

505 (edited by DragonicPrime 09-01-2023 23:14:31)

grobalt wrote:

Maybe memory not configured properly for the CPU as you CPU should be better than mine ? please show aida64 or hwinfo or cpuz .. whatever memory information you have

The memory speed and timings should be fine at this speed I think

Post's attachments

Screenshot 2023-01-09 181336.png 243.14 kb, 35 downloads since 2023-01-09 

UHD wrote:
Pezede wrote:

movie *3 :

Do you see any colour difference on the HDR screen watching this demo without interpolation and with RIFE interpolation?

You're welcome! smile

I've tried enabling and disabling and I'm not seeing any color differences.

maybe check you gpu energy settings, it has just 285Mhz .. is it accelerating correctly when in use ? beside this .. nothing looks odd, maybe a bios update to support the RTX4090 better as the bios is older than the GPU (i dont think this has any impact .. but the rest looks good)

UHD wrote:
Pezede wrote:

movie *3 :

You're welcome! smile

For what it's worth even under 4K@25*3 I'm not seeing cuda use above 50% either...

grobalt wrote:

maybe check you gpu energy settings, it has just 285Mhz .. is it accelerating correctly when in use ? beside this .. nothing looks odd, maybe a bios update to support the RTX4090 better as the bios is older than the GPU (i dont think this has any impact .. but the rest looks good)

that's just because I took the screenshot while idle. But everything changes accordingly when running SVP. 4K SDR runs like it should. It's just HDR specifically that causes the problem for some reason

In case someone is looking for the "cheapest" option for high bandwidth for cheapest price -> it seems the intel 13600k with a ddr5 mainboard is the cheapest combo to get the currently best memory bandwidth as we dont need a lot of cores and the mainboards are way cheaper than for AM5 DDR5

I did some more testing, 10% scene change threshold seems a bit too much so I reduced it to 6%, but with this setting I'm seeing some stuttering on fast movement and sometimes on scenes with normal movement. Most of the times it disappears when I replay the scene, but sometimes the stutter persists even after replaying a few times.

Xenocyde wrote:

I did some more testing, 10% scene change threshold seems a bit too much so I reduced it to 6%, but with this setting I'm seeing some stuttering on fast movement and sometimes on scenes with normal movement. Most of the times it disappears when I replay the scene, but sometimes the stutter persists even after replaying a few times.

15% is the best setting for me, below 15% is not good when the scene changes.
I think the lower value means less resource usage but reduce smoothness?

513 (edited by UHD 10-01-2023 00:50:32)

Pezede wrote:

For what it's worth even under 4K@25*3 I'm not seeing cuda use above 50% either...

Thank you!

Pezede, I think you have the perfect setup to test what really matters in the success of your interpolation.

I think with 4K HDR x3 in real time with RIFE, there is no point in playing around with encoding tests anymore.

What everyone is probably interested in is what the minimum configuration allows for:
1. 4K HDR x3 in real time with RIFE
2. 4K HDR x2 in real time with RIFE

My test proposal:

LG 4K HDR Demo - New York.ts
Direct link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dfR5TT … _bGfEXUvJ/
Source: http://hdr4k.blogspot.com/

1. Reduce only the TDP of GPU in steps of 10%

100%  4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
90% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
80% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
70% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
60% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
50% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time

50% interests me personally, as I will be able to passively cool the graphics card to around 250W TDP

2. Reduce only the TDP of CPU in steps of 10%

100%  4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
90% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
80% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
70% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
60% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
50% 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time

3. Reduce only the MHz of RAM in steps of 400 MHz

6000 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
5600 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
5200 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
4800 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
4400 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
4000 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time
3600 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time

4800 MHz is of particular interest to me because this is currently the maximum with true ECC

I know this is probably too many tests, so maybe a simple 4 tests to start with and that will explain a lot from all of the above:

1.  GPU 50% TDP 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time

2.  CPU 50% TDP (or 105W TDP or 65W TDP) 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time

3. RAM 4800 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time

4. RAM 3600 MHz 4K HDR x3 in real time pass or fail and if fail 4K HDR x2 in real time

Of course, it doesn't have to be today or tomorrow. It doesn't have to be anything at all. But I think you could help a lot of people to choose the optimal configuration for RIFE interpolation smile

edVL wrote:

Transcoding with TRT ON or OFF seems to have close performance when we look to FPS, but with TRT ON the power consumption is about 25% less  than TRT OFF. So, I think there is a margin for optimizations.

TRT ON
https://i.imgur.com/DzLOFPI.png

TRT OFF
https://i.imgur.com/3msSD67.png

Well, the optimization came very fast! big_smile
Yesterday 4K transcript using TRT ON was doing 21 FPS, today can do 30 FPS. Awsome performance improvent.
https://i.imgur.com/rDUYKPX.png

ALL

FYI, 10-bit color depth needs _twice_ the memory bandwidth compared to 8-bit

HDR doesn't strictly require 10-bit processing, if you play HDR without "allow 10-bit" in SVP then nothing bad will happen

edVL

and you're still capped by the video encoder

Chainik wrote:

ALL

FYI, 10-bit color depth needs _twice_ the memory bandwidth compared to 8-bit

HDR doesn't strictly require 10-bit processing, if you play HDR without "allow 10-bit" in SVP then nothing bad will happen

edVL

and you're still capped by the video encoder

Unfortunately, at least in my case, nothing changes and the video just lags for me. I've tried also putting my display in SDR mode or not allowing 10-bit colours, but it seems that as long as the video is HDR, it lags. 2 identical videos, 1 in SDR the other in HDR, the SDR 4k runs perfectly,  HDR lags. Not sure why others seem to be able to do it with similar specs as me though

aloola
btw:also maybe it a bug? every time black bar detection was on, the TRT CMD pop out again.

with black bars removed the frame size changes, obviously, and it'll need to generate cache for the new size
that's the problem, 3-5 mins waiting is not exactly a smooth experience big_smile
BTW it can generate a "multi-resolution" cache, for example one cache for "1920*1080 and below" but then the speed drops by ~30% hmm

DragonicPrime
2 identical videos, 1 in SDR the other in HDR, the SDR 4k runs perfectly,  HDR lags.

it's still 10-bit from the video decoder and to the point in Vapoursynth script where it got converted to 8-bit...
try MPC-HC + Vapoursynth Filter, and disable P010/P016 right in LAV Video decoder properties

Chainik wrote:

DragonicPrime
2 identical videos, 1 in SDR the other in HDR, the SDR 4k runs perfectly,  HDR lags.

it's still 10-bit from the video decoder and to the point in Vapoursynth script where it got converted to 8-bit...
try MPC-HC + Vapoursynth Filter, and disable P010/P016 right in LAV Video decoder properties

seems to work when doing this. I just don't understand why others were having no problems when using it with MPV on the same videos as me. I've tried reinstalling SVP as well but the issue still persists

because others have different hardware?

UHD wrote:
Pezede wrote:

Thank you!

Pezede, I think you have the perfect setup to test what really matters in the success of your interpolation.

I think with 4K HDR x3 in real time with RIFE, there is no point in playing around with encoding tests anymore.

What everyone is probably interested in is what the minimum configuration allows for:
1. 4K HDR x3 in real time with RIFE
2. 4K HDR x2 in real time with RIFE

My test proposal:

Your proposal to find the matching GPU does not work as the tensor cores are very different between the RTX cards ...

Chainik wrote:

because others have different hardware?

The reason I said that is because others like grobalt have the same hardware as me, but a worse CPU, and it seems to work. So I have to assume that something is wrong with my SVP installation or hardware

it doesn't matter in this case that others have same video card
it's about system's memory bandwidth

Chainik wrote:

thanks that's all I needed. Overclocked my ram and it's working now

DragonicPrime wrote:
Chainik wrote:

thanks that's all I needed. Overclocked my ram and it's working now

please, can you do an aida memory benchmark with and without overclocking and post the results ?