Topic: Rife thread

What is the difference between 2 and 4 thread on rife interpolation ? Which one is better (smoother)?

Re: Rife thread

none is better or smoother
difference is more threads could rise GPU utilization in case it's too low while output fps is not enough

Chainik wrote:

difference is more threads could rise GPU utilization in case it's too low while output fps is not enough

With 2 threads it uses around 50-55 % of my gpu. With 4 it goes up to 60. Which one should i use ?

4 (edited by dlr5668 13-10-2022 05:29:04)

cemaydnlar wrote:
Chainik wrote:

With 2 threads it uses around 50-55 % of my gpu. With 4 it goes up to 60. Which one should i use ?

Thats interesting. 2 threads @ 3070ti maxes it out. I guess you need more for 3090/4090. Watch for power usage instead of load

dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Thats interesting. 2 threads @ 3070ti maxes it out. I guess you need more for 3090/4090. Watch for power usage instead of load

https://www.hizliresim.com/kaka6hy

I have a 3070. This is how much rife uses my gpu on 2 threads.

> more threads could rise GPU utilization in case it's too low while output fps is not enough

Chainik wrote:

> more threads could rise GPU utilization in case it's too low while output fps is not enough

I get more artifacts when i use 4 threads. Why is my gpu usage around 40-60%? Can it be that something isn't working right?

I really don't know how to explain this better...

if you have 1 thread, and playback is slow, showing 35 fps instead of 48, and your GPU load is way lower than 100% ===> increase threads count!
if you have 2 threads, and playback is fine, playing at 48 fps ===> don't touch anything!

I found out that svp index changes constantly between 0.98 to 1.01 when i use rife. Is that normal ?

cemaydnlar wrote:

I found out that svp index changes constantly between 0.98 to 1.01 when i use rife. Is that normal ?

do you see dropped frames ? yes -> bad, no -> good

dlr5668 wrote:
cemaydnlar wrote:

do you see dropped frames ? yes -> bad, no -> good

No its 48fps all the time without dropped frames but svp index moves between 0.98 and 1.02. Sometimes panning scenes get laggy but there is no dropped frames.

12 (edited by resder 23-10-2022 23:30:39)

Someone know how to fix this problem?

I already have avisynthplus 3.7.2

Windows 10
Xeon e5 2696 v2
rtx 3060
32gb ram

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/973298018407317545/1033884269178794124/unknown.png

Do we need to match the monitor hz with svp fps in order to get the best possible view experience on rife interpolation too or can we use x2 x3 x4 rife interpolation with monitor set to 144hz without any negative effects ?

cemaydnlar wrote:

Do we need to match the monitor hz with svp fps in order to get the best possible view experience on rife interpolation too or can we use x2 x3 x4 rife interpolation with monitor set to 144hz without any negative effects ?

If you have VRR (gsync/freesync) it shouldn't matter