Topic: Without advancement in AI interpolation this has been left behind...

With all due respect to the devs here, you made a great program, however, there are 2 major AI framerate interpolation programs that do this much better than SVP4; Topaz's Video AI and Flowframes, while this still uses optical flow as its base, which is a dead end as far with any advancement as far as frame interpolation is concerned, so why not update/bypass the artefact ridden optical flow?

It doesn't matter much if you can up the framerate with real-time video if the results are from an archaic AI algorithm that's full of artefacts, when there are better techniques/models out there.

Not meaning to be negative, I just need to understand the dev's view on this matter as I like the program and when you like something you want to see it improve and surpass itself!

Re: Without advancement in AI interpolation this has been left behind...

As you may notice, SVP includes various FRC algorithms, including neural network-based RIFE.

Re: Without advancement in AI interpolation this has been left behind...

Chainik wrote:

As you may notice, SVP includes various FRC algorithms, including neural network-based RIFE.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the version of RIFE used was still in beta. In any case, thanks for the enlightenment!