1 (edited by briechu 16-11-2022 11:38:15)

Topic: Stremio > MPV with SVP4 not working

Hi!

Not sure if this is already posted, i am using Streamio for streaming torrent files and open it via desired player which supports VLC, MPV and MPC-HC, when opening to VLC and MPC-HC SVP4 can capture and automatically enables rate conversion, but not with mpv. It seems the SVP4 cannot capture mpv? or do i need to configure something for mvp?

Re: Stremio > MPV with SVP4 not working

https://www.svp-team.com/wiki/SVP:mpv

3 (edited by briechu 16-11-2022 13:37:58)

Hi Dev!

It is still not working, svp is not capturing the MPV from stremio unlike VLC and MPC, I can play stremio to MPV normally but SVP is not capturing it, but it works on copied link from YT and auto plays it from SVPtube2 same with local downloaded video file, not sure why SVP cannot capture MPV like VLC and MPC thank you

check SVP log for errors

Hi Dev!

Have checked the latest log while opening video to MPV it states in the log "21:56:14.279 [W]: VideoPlayer: media file doesn't look like video, ignoring...", please see attachement, but using VLC and MPCHC has no problem detecting it as a video. thank you

Post's attachments

MPV.jpg 142.36 kb, 46 downloads since 2022-11-16 

how much time between mpv window opens and actual video playback starts?
cause SVP aborts if there's no video info for 5 secs

Hi!

have retried, it seems more than 5 seconds, unlike VLC and MPC it opens less that three sec base on the logs, is it possible to increase the detection time for MPV? thank you

> is it possible to increase the detection time for MPV?

not so easy, these numbers are not configurable, will do something about it in the next build

Thank you Chainik!

hoping for this to be included in the next build. thank you

Hi Dev Chainik

just an update I got a work around, i did a reverse, playing the video first before opening SVP and i got it to capture the video, Stremio > Open video on MPV > Open SVP. The bad side is that you have to exit application every time you open a video and reopen SVP once you play a video again. So I conclude MVP has a long loading time to capture video info before the 5 seconds mark for SVP to capture. thank you