Re: New RIFE filter - 3x faster AI interpolation possible in SVP!!!

> and leave 4.4

why 4.4? just because the numbers are higher than 4.0?

ok, 4.0 was removed from the list, but 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 are still there, w/o any changelog or something like that
is 4.4 better than 4.2?

Chainik wrote:

> and leave 4.4

why 4.4? just because the numbers are higher than 4.0?

ok, 4.0 was removed from the list, but 4.2, 4.3 and 4.4 are still there, w/o any changelog or something like that
is 4.4 better than 4.2?

From flowframes discord

quality 2D:
2.3 > 4.6 ≥ 4.5 > 4.4 > 4.0 > 4.3 > 2.4 > 4.1 > 3.1 > 3.8 > 3.9
quality 3D:
2.3 > 4.6 > 4.5 > 4.3 > 4.4 > 4.0 > 2.4 > 4.1 > 3.1 > 3.9 > 3.8
simple pattern resilience 2D:
4.0 ≥ 3.9 ≥ 3.1 ≥ 3.8 > 4.6 > 4.5 ≥ 4.3 > 4.1 > 2.3 > 2.4 > 4.4
complex pattern resilience 2D:
4.0 > 4.6 ≥ 4.5 ≥ 2.4 > 4.3 > 4.1 > 4.4 > 3.9 > 3.1 > 2.3 > 3.8
pattern resilience 3D:
2.3 > 3.1 > 2.4 > 4.6 > 4.5 > 3.8 > 4.3 > 4.1 > 4.4 > 3.9 > 4.0
speed:
4.0-4.4 > 4.6/4.5 > 3.9 > 3.8 > 3.1 > 2.3/2.4

note:
quality = sharpness and accuracy
2.3 CUDA > 2.3 NCNN | complex pattern resilience 2D: 4.0 > 2.3 CUDA > rest > 2.3 NCNN > 3.x
pattern resilience 2D/3D: 2.3 TTA >> everything 
TTA reduces sharpness, ensemble does not
4.x is preffered over 2.x/3.x in UHD mode (default ≥1600p)

303 (edited by dlr5668 12-10-2022 10:19:28)

updated portable rife mpv for 4.4/4.6
Download https://www.playbook.com/s/vadash/ssp9p … ben53VKR1k
VT https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file-ana … M5ODg3Mg==

Original script by Elexor. It can do some cool stuff like auto scale resolution based on GPU performance. This way you can use x3 interpolation even without RTX 3080 (minimum for 1080p)

SVP updated wink

---
RIFE/CUDA removed from the script completely

305 (edited by Insindro 11-10-2022 07:42:19)

Chainik wrote:

SVP updated wink

---
RIFE/CUDA removed from the script completely

This is awesome! I'm able to run 1080p@48 (real-time) smoothly. Although, anywhere above 48 fps my GPU usage sky rockets from 46% to 90%+ causing the video to gain a lot of stutter motion. Is this normal for an RTX 3080? Also one more thing, I added another model from github and when selected I get a flickering sensation on any video.

> Although, anywhere above 48 fps my GPU usage sky rockets from 46% to 90%

because x2.5 interpolation (i.e. 24->60 fps) need generating TWO times more intermediate frames than x2 (24->48)

> I added another model from github and when selected I get a flickering sensation on any video

then add another model big_smile and post a bug report on the Github regarding the flickering one

Confirming a bug where the new RIFE AI in SVP as of the latest update seems to have removed color when playing back any video. Color is restored if I switch to SVP's standard method.

Tried with both 8-bit and 10-bit videos.

DavidArland wrote:

Confirming a bug where the new RIFE AI in SVP as of the latest update seems to have removed color when playing back any video. Color is restored if I switch to SVP's standard method.

Tried with both 8-bit and 10-bit videos.

My videos have color when RIFE AI profile is enabled.

Chainik wrote:

because x2.5 interpolation (i.e. 24->60 fps) need generating TWO times more intermediate frames than x2 (24->48)

> I added another model from github and when selected I get a flickering sensation on any video

then add another model big_smile and post a bug report on the Github regarding the flickering one

Ah yes I understand now. I was just basing off from what you said on the rife AI wiki: "1080p@60-72 atleast rtx 3080". I guess a better video card is needed to achieve those frames without dealing with the drop in frames. Also the Github I was testing with was the one you provided on the wiki, all of them flicker through svp, which is odd. I wonder if I'm the only one. Nonetheless, this is better than anything I've used previously.

Insindro wrote:
Chainik wrote:

Ah yes I understand now. I was just basing off from what you said on the rife AI wiki: "1080p@60-72 atleast rtx 3080". I guess a better video card is needed to achieve those frames without dealing with the drop in frames. Also the Github I was testing with was the one you provided on the wiki, all of them flicker through svp, which is odd. I wonder if I'm the only one. Nonetheless, this is better than anything I've used previously.

you can also resize the video to 1600x900 then x3 fps. Work for me, I have a 3070ti.

also, I wish  "ignore HFR source" profile has an option to turn off the "alter video frame size".

311 (edited by dlr5668 12-10-2022 08:41:29)

aloola wrote:
Insindro wrote:
Chainik wrote:

you can also resize the video to 1600x900 then x3 fps. Work for me, I have a 3070ti.

also, I wish  "ignore HFR source" profile has an option to turn off the "alter video frame size".

I think https://0bin.net/paste/NKODt3ka#aCSb+rh … Uu7S3e2JiD can be ported to svp as well. Ideally it should track dropped frames and reduce resolution based on these. Current iteration just uses hardcode value

maxIpps = 65000000                  # Max interpolated pixels per second the GPU is capable of

I watch 720p and below (old content) x3 and everything else x2 (1080p no changes and 4k downscale to about 1440p)

dlr5668 wrote:
aloola wrote:
Insindro wrote:

I think https://0bin.net/paste/NKODt3ka#aCSb+rh … Uu7S3e2JiD can be ported to svp as well. Ideally it should track dropped frames and reduce resolution based on these. Current iteration just uses hardcode value

maxIpps = 65000000                  # Max interpolated pixels per second the GPU is capable of

I watch 720p and below (old content) x3 and everything else x2 (1080p no changes and 4k downscale to about 1440p)

I'd like to try this out. Where would I put this exactly? I already tried in mpv/scripts however, I get an error regarding the coding in mpv's console. "Unexpected symbol near "#". So I removed any "#" but then I get hit with another error: '=' expected near 'vapoursynth'. Any help would be much appreciated.

Insindro wrote:
dlr5668 wrote:
aloola wrote:

I'd like to try this out. Where would I put this exactly? I already tried in mpv/scripts however, I get an error regarding the coding in mpv's console. "Unexpected symbol near "#". So I removed any "#" but then I get hit with another error: '=' expected near 'vapoursynth'. Any help would be much appreciated.

I am not sure if it can be used directly. https://www.svp-team.com/forum/viewtopi … 051#p81051 better try portable mpv. Can be unpacked anywhere

314 (edited by przkreft 16-10-2022 11:07:19)

Hi,

First of all thank You for hard work and implementing RIFE v4.4. I wanted just to say that during my watch of anime smile I spotted some artifact that is not visible on v4 model. Maybe anybody will find this helpful.

v4.4
v4

So, I tried to try out some ai models from https://github.com/styler00dollar/Vapou … ter/models and https://github.com/nihui/rife-ncnn-vulk … ter/models. Specifically the anime models but I tried most as well, although the problem still persisted. Whenever I enable any one of them through svp, my video is being interpolated smoothly however I get black frames that are flashing in the entire video that will not go away. I know I mentioned this in an earlier post but is anyone else having this problem? Any help would be great, thank you!

Hello

In SVP the option "scene change threshold" set to 15% has resolved the slowdowns in fast scenes, I think it sould be set to this value by default.

I am happy with AI model 4.6, there is a noticable improvement since model 4.0. There are still some artifacts (like on vertical bars or subtitles) maybe it could be improved with futur models.

Thanks for your work!

XKCorp wrote:

Hello

In SVP the option "scene change threshold" set to 15% has resolved the slowdowns in fast scenes, I think it sould be set to this value by default.

I am happy with AI model 4.6, there is a noticable improvement since model 4.0. There are still some artifacts (like on vertical bars or subtitles) maybe it could be improved with futur models.

Thanks for your work!

Subs shouldnt affect interpolation. Just get release without hardcoded ones

For those who interested - just pushed an update for macOS.

I only have simple Apple M1 and it can only do 576p x2 (I mean in a real-time)
M1 Max should handle 720p, I suppose...

Doesn't run at all on Intel IGP big_smile

319 (edited by Pezede 29-10-2022 17:01:29)

Having acquired a 4090 I've been using the RIFE interpolation the past few days, I'm blown away by how good it is, greatest interpolation method I've experienced so far!

Performance isn't quite there yet for 1080p 120fps realtime (from an anime source) but transcoding doesn't take too long with a lossless NVENC H265 preset (Transcoding speed is around 45fps for 1920*1080@23.976 --> 1920@1080@119.88)

> Transcoding speed is around 45fps for 1920*1080@23.976 --> 1920@1080@119.88

sounds too slow hmm which means it can only do 36 interpolated frames per second
how high is the GPU/Compute_0 load? what if increase threads count?

Chainik wrote:

> Transcoding speed is around 45fps for 1920*1080@23.976 --> 1920@1080@119.88

sounds too slow hmm which means it can only do 36 interpolated frames per second
how high is the GPU/Compute_0 load? what if increase threads count?

Compute_0 is at 0% use, Compute_1 is at 100% use.

Changing threads from 1 to 2 doubles performance (Compute_1 goes from ~55 to 100% use), 2 to 4 doesn't do anything.

so with a frame doubling from 24 to 48 it will only give like 72 fps?

323 (edited by Pezede 30-10-2022 09:58:13)

Chainik wrote:

so with a frame doubling from 24 to 48 it will only give like 72 fps?

Oh sorry I meant to say that going from 2 threads to 1 halves performance, the 45 fps performance figure I initially gave was already using 2 threads (default parameters)

So 2 or 4 threads: ~45fps

1 thread: ~20-25fps

Although maybe the seemingly low performance might be due to one of the computes (Compute_0) not being used at all?

I mean, switch the video profile to movie x2 and start transcoding. Will it only give 72 fps?

Chainik wrote:

I mean, switch the video profile to movie x2 and start transcoding. Will it only give 72 fps?

Yes that's the case:

https://i.imgur.com/1QMZ4fL.png