Topic: Restoring madVR settings.bin isn't working

"D:\Programs\SVP 4\madVR\settings.bin" is the location.

The "date modified" of "settings.bin" is within the last few minutes so I know it's the right location. But when I restore a backup from a few weeks ago, all of my CURRENT profiles and settings that I made yesterday are still there. Nothing changes. Even if I delete the settings.bin, everything still works as normal. (There's no settings.bak FYI)

What else can I do? I've heard if madVR is in a certain folder then it'll use the registry instead of settings.bin but then why would settings.bin have such a recent date modified if it's not being used?

Re: Restoring madVR settings.bin isn't working

I'd go ask on the MadVR forum, but I had issues clearing settings myself.  I tried the batch file and that messed with the settings file too.  Didn't change anything.  Then I deleted the registry values and it seemed to clear.

Guessing registry overrides settings file.  And maybe the tool always writes the current settings out, even if it's going to ignore the value on next load.

Re: Restoring madVR settings.bin isn't working

EternalStudent wrote:

I'd go ask on the MadVR forum, but I had issues clearing settings myself.  I tried the batch file and that messed with the settings file too.  Didn't change anything.  Then I deleted the registry values and it seemed to clear.

Guessing registry overrides settings file.  And maybe the tool always writes the current settings out, even if it's going to ignore the value on next load.

Thanks for trying to help!