Topic: Resolution?

I downloaded a 8k by 8k (3D ToU) video from youtube and transcoded to 60fps using SVP.
Now I  want to play it in my quest 2 (which limit at 5760 by 5760),  I try to use the transcoder but cannot find a way to do so.
I added scale=720x406 in ovcopts and it doesn't work (no change in resolution),  any way to change the resolution?

Re: Resolution?

Would the SVP "Frame Size" tab in the SVP Control Panel help?  I don't see an arbitrary scale option there though.  And no idea if it applies to transcoding.

I'm not finding an obvious way to resize things with mpv, but I did find this page  https://securitronlinux.com/debian-test … tain-size/

And that mentioned "-vf scale x:y" so maybe that ovcopts entry can't accept it?

https://emby.media/community/index.php? … g-scaling/

Or maybe this thread will help?  I didn't see a quick answer, so it'll probably take some reading.  They were talking about a config file too, but hopefully it transfers.

You can adjust frame size before transcoding.
1. Open your video in video payer and start playback with SVP. Move your player window to your device with resolution 5760 by 5760.
2. Go to SVP Control Panel > Frame size tab > Select option Decrease to screen > return to any other tab, for example Video profiles tab to apply new frame size.
3. Go to SVP Control Panel > Transcoding tab > Click Browse... button and seelect your video file > You must see how resolution and framerate will be changed in your case (see picture)

Post's attachments

Transcoding_resolution_change.png, 42.98 kb, 752 x 351
Transcoding_resolution_change.png 42.98 kb, 123 downloads since 2022-04-13 

Is there a way to make this work with upscaling?

I wish to transcode a 1080p video into 1440p resolution, applying RIFE.

However, the steps above only seem to work for downscaling.

frc.frame.resize = 25601440

Thanks Chainik, been using SVP4 off and on since the day of release back in 2015 (bought it in the pre-sale), appreciate all you do for us! Great work and progress these past 7 years!! big_smile