Topic: SVP and Jellyfin media player

Does anyone use SVP with Jellyfin media player?
I guess that is possible due to Jellyfin media player is based on an MPV player and SVP is compatible with MPV. Can you please share a configuration instruction and your experience? Thank you in advance.

Re: SVP and Jellyfin media player

the same method as with Plex Media Player, I suppose

except you don't have to replace/remove mpv.dll, the one bundled with JMP is ok

> Create mpv's configuration file in "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\JellyfinMediaPlayer\mpv.conf" with the following contents:

input-ipc-server=mpvpipe
hwdec-codecs=all
hr-seek-framedrop=no

Thank you a lot. It works.

I've also got it working on linux.  The location to put mpv.conf is ~/.local/share/jellyfinmediaplayer/

5 (edited by shahmir_k 08-01-2023 19:16:33)

2023 UPDATED Jellyfin media player and SVP tutorial:

Hello this method is now outdated and no longer working. This new method is working for me as of Jan 8th, 2023.

Step 1: create a new folder called mpv inside of APPDATA/Local. It should look like "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\mpv"

Step 2: create an mpv.conf file inside of the mpv folder you just created. It should look like "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\mpv\mpv.conf"

Step 3: inside the mpv.conf file write:

input-ipc-server=mpvpipe
hwdec-codecs=all
hr-seek-framedrop=no

Step 4: copy that mpv.conf file into "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\JellyfinMediaPlayer" so there should be two copies of the mpv.conf file, one in mpv/ and one in JellyfinMediaPlayer/

Step 5: Enjoy ur shows smile

I haven't tried this on linux, but based on what another user has said I will assume that the folder location should be changed to ~/.local/share/mpv/mpv.conf instead. Hopefully this helps someone out there!

6 (edited by Flaring Afro 11-02-2023 16:05:09)

shahmir_k wrote:

2023 UPDATED Jellyfin media player and SVP tutorial:

Hello this method is now outdated and no longer working. This new method is working for me as of Jan 8th, 2023.

Step 1: create a new folder called mpv inside of APPDATA/Local. It should look like "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\mpv"

Step 2: create an mpv.conf file inside of the mpv folder you just created. It should look like "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\mpv\mpv.conf"

Step 3: inside the mpv.conf file write:

input-ipc-server=mpvpipe
hwdec-codecs=all
hr-seek-framedrop=no

Step 4: copy that mpv.conf file into "C:\Users\<name>\AppData\Local\JellyfinMediaPlayer" so there should be two copies of the mpv.conf file, one in mpv/ and one in JellyfinMediaPlayer/

Step 5: Enjoy ur shows smile

I haven't tried this on linux, but based on what another user has said I will assume that the folder location should be changed to ~/.local/share/mpv/mpv.conf instead. Hopefully this helps someone out there!

I tried this and Jellyfin Media Player crashes when I try to play a video. MPC-BE plays the same video with SVP fine. Did you change any other settings?

I'm on Windows 10 running Jellyfin Media player 1.7.1 with these config settings:
"video": {
            "aspect": "normal",
            "audio_delay.24hz": 0,
            "audio_delay.25hz": 0,
            "audio_delay.50hz": 0,
            "audio_delay.normal": 0,
            "cache": 75,
            "debug.force_vo": "",
            "deinterlace": false,
            "hardwareDecoding": "copy",
            "refreshrate.auto_switch": false,
            "refreshrate.avoid_25hz_30hz": true,
            "refreshrate.delay": 3,
            "sync_mode": "audio"
        }

Edit: I got it working by right clicking the SVP tray icon and clicking "Set Environment Variables for Vapoursynth" which is underneath "Utilities"

7 (edited by cmdr 05-03-2023 20:53:30)

I tried this on 1.8.1 but it just crashes and changing the environment variables doesnt seem to help.