1 (edited by SamE 15-11-2021 22:20:57)

Topic: Problem with AviSynth Filter

Hi,

I have noticed that newer versions of AviSynth Filter takes more performance hit when not in use but loaded in external filters in mpc-hc/be than old versions.

I don't know when it started to happen, but i started having extreme problems being able to run any software decode of any high bandwidth H265 4k videos like UHD remuxes,
on a system that has had zero problems decoding the same stuff for years.

After a lot of testing it seems like it, that the latest since a while back versions of AviSynth Filter is much more performance heavy even when not using SVP4 or actively frame serving anything.
My system is way to slow to do 4k 60fps interpolation so i just turn off SVP when i want to watch a 4k HDR movie.
But lately this didn't work anymore and i always started to get massive framedrops after a while.

Anyway, this dosen't happen with ffdshow raw or for the first bunch releases of AviSynth Filter.
I started using it as soon as you added it in SVP4 and then i never noticed any performance hit when not in use but only loaded in the player.
But then somewhere a long the line the performance cost of AviSynth Filter when it is not used actively but only loaded as a filter in mpc-hc/bc did go way up.

If it is possible to fix i would appreciate it, because it worked great before and now i have to use ffdshow or block or prefer AviSynth Filter every time i want to use it / not use it.

Re: Problem with AviSynth Filter

what if uncheck 10-and-more-bits colorspaces in the filter properties?

Re: Problem with AviSynth Filter

Yeah that worked great, thanks.

I think because i haven't a strong enough system to decode and interpolate 4k UHD HDR 10bit movies anyway i should't miss anything by disabling its 10bit and more frame serving capabilities, right?

But i wonder if AviSynth Filter couldn't be made to recognize that it is in a non active frame serving mode when nothing is connected to it and shut off those parts that is draining performance?
That is how i assumed it worked before i found out it was the reason for the performance hit.
And i think i remember 10 bit and such frame serving capability was one of the main reason for the development of AviSynth Filter and i think it had that feature from when you included it in SVP4.
So some form of performance regression seem to have happen.

Anyway everything works now as i need it, thanks for the fast help as always Chainik.