1 (edited by egandt 26-10-2021 01:24:45)

Topic: VapourSynth unhandled exception at KERNELBASE.dll

VapourSynth  unhandled exception at KERNELBASE.dll, I get the following error on Windows 10, giving up on 11 for now went and reinstalled Windows 10 as looking for additional stability, then reinstalled SVP in Windows 10 and I'm getting this (see attached).

Happens on playback or trying to open the VapourSynth filter to adjust settings.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled and it has not helped any.  I also made sure that I did set paths, though I would not expect that to result in an unhandled exception like I'm seeing.

I would use avisynth but that causes the system to shutdown hard in Windows 10 (actually I had hard shutdowns in Windows 11 why I was moving back), and blamed Windows 11 starting to think it is SVP related as it always happens while SVP is in use.  Yet there is no real stress and I could see a Windows crash, but this is simply Windows powering off hard, with nothing reported (very difficult to trouble shoot) a root cause as nothing gets logged.

ERIC

Re: VapourSynth unhandled exception at KERNELBASE.dll

> Windows powering off hard

PSU?

Thought of PSU and other things, the problem it only happens when I used SVP (Windows 10 or 11) , actually in Windows 10 with AVISynth it happens 100% of the time.  All power draws are low when it occurs (has not even started playback) and testing with high stress CPU+MEM+GPU) show no issues over 4+ hours (longest I bothered to run it), but with SVP in Windows 10 I can in literally a second (very strange indeed). 
I fixed the KERNELBASE.dll, I think a player player installed a codec pack (I had not ment to install one), which caused this, I simply rolled back to an earlier backup (installing Windows is pays to make multiple backups at different states along the way), once I reinstalled SVP it was ok (still hard stops the PC using AVISynth), however the KERNELBASE.dll seems related to some conflicting filter that got registered.    So one random issue down.

ERIC

> I fixed the KERNELBASE.dll
Nice to hear!