Topic: D3D9 Overlay Presentation Mode Errors with New Nvidia Drivers

Problem: half of the screen is cut off (totally black) using D3D9 overlay presentation mode when using any Nvidia Driver higher than 465.89.

SVP settings: NVOF (happens on any px setting), standard shader. It also happens when NVOF is disabled, and the bottom half of the screen flickers.
Player: Potplayer, version 210729(1.7.21525)
Renderer: Built-in Direct3D 9 Video Renderer
Direct3D Presentation: Direct3D 9Ex Overlay Mode Present
Nvidia Driver: 471.68 (it happens on any driver higher than 465.89. I've 
tried both the game ready and the studio drivers).
Hardware: i9-11900k, RTX 2080 ti
Notes: When SVP is off, it renders fine. If I install  the 465.89 drivers, SVP works fine. I use D3D9 Overlay because it is very fast. And I would like to continue using it.

Let me know if there's anything else I can provide.

2 (edited by fieldskyleb 03-09-2021 21:40:13)

Re: D3D9 Overlay Presentation Mode Errors with New Nvidia Drivers

Update:

From Nvidia Driver 471.68, I downgraded to 466.47, and it seems to be working. If I upgrade from 465.89 to 466.47, it would have the screen issue.
Using the same method, I was able to get it to 466.77, but the 471.xx version of the drivers still have the same issue with the screen.

Has any one else been having issues with the new Nvidia drivers?

why ? switch to mpv and use default dx render

I use potplayer with a capture card. I then use SVP to increase the frame rate, and reshade to enhance the picture.

As a result, I try to keep latency as low as possible. 

I've looked at mpv, but I couldn't get it to work with the capture card and reshade.

Update: The Nvidia 471.xx drivers made some changes with the Multiple Plane Overlay. I'm still using 466.77, which is working...

Nvidia recommends disabling the MPO if you have problems. https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers … sktop-apps